Chael Sonnen

STEED

CTG Partner
Staff member
Why exactly does this knob keep getting title fights besides the fact that he will talk shit and fight anyone?

Is there some logical reasoning I'm missing?

He's a very good fighter. He's no bum just not a title contender. Very good with the mic. He's like the wrestling version of Bisping.

Yea Ill agree he's a media hype, and an OK fighter but don't think he's all that great. Like you said, definitely not title-worthy all these times.

Makes no sense. Then again, who else will Jon agree to fight..

Yea...Meh. 12 losses...dude shouldn't even be sniffing a title fight in this sport unless he rattled off a bunch of big wins.

Yea all "studs" that probably deserve a shot at the title or have one already over him. Only point I'm trying to uncover here brah lol

Dude doesn't belong in the ring with Bones Saturday. Not even talent-wise, but for the sake of fairness. Tired of seeing Bones -1000 everytime he fights.

Silva can beat him. That shit should have been in the works months ago but no cause Dana says "there's a long list of deserving contenders." Right...Chael Sonnen FTW.

Can't disagree with that. But the champions in the muddle divisions have beat everyone of consequence and none of the 3champions wanna move up in weight

Yea all "studs" that probably deserve a shot at the title or have one already over him. Only point I'm trying to uncover here brah lol

Dude doesn't belong in the ring with Bones Saturday. Not even talent-wise, but for the sake of fairness. Tired of seeing Bones -1000 everytime he fights.
bout to be boxing before you know it

He stepped up and wanted the fight initially, while guys lie machida didnt. He also sells ppvs better than anyone else in the ufc.

Sort of what I figured...so no logical results justification.

Just making sure.

I'm sure he'll TKO Bones first Rd now or something.

The only logical explanation for someone hating Chael is jealousy at the fact that he's better at life than that person. He's hilarious. I mean the dude ran for the Oregon House of Representatives lol..

I enjoy Chael fwiw. His antics make it interesting lol dunno where hate reference comes from but ya. Can't wait til get gets dropped though. Then picks up a title fight next month again.

There really wasn't anyone ready to fight Jones at the moment that hadn't fought him already. Anyone want to see him fight Machida/Shogun/Evans? Gustaffson will likely get a shot, but that's not going to be a big draw. Chael Sonnen is a big draw. Jones will probably win, but Chael always has a shot and I'll tune in anytime he's fighting. Just his wrestling ability gives him an outside shot in this fight as you saw what he did to Silva in the first 6 rounds vs him before he tried a spinning back fist for some reason.

Back