CFl week 3 Lines

Sammy Meatballs

Sammy Meatballs? Never Heard of Her
Looking at week 2 recap of the CFL.

Calgary is in disarray. Their defense is not playing well as a unit, probably because only one player that started last season Scott Coe is starting in the same position this year.

Word is their was major fighting in the locker room, because the team wanted former NFL'er Akili SMITH to start at QB. Qb Henry BURRIS is the type of QB that can execute a play, but only because of his very strong arm. What has happened is when he can't figure a defense out, he is done. He gets happy feet in the pocket, and wants to throw down the field. He is not a QB that can have patience and throw 10 yard routes down the field. He is also terribly inaccurate when he throws on the run.

Recap of last game- Pressure Henry BURRIS- Sask was sacking him, and forcing him to make quick reads, which he cannot do. He relies on deep patterns and zones in on one receiver. He needs receivers to beat the coverage. However vs Sask the pressure up front is too much forcing Burris to get sacked and then throw bad passes and interceptions.

He was their franchise QB, and he was pulled right away in the 2nd half because he lost the finals last year and is known as a choker. He has a lot of talent, very strong arm, but has no head for the game. He is a great runner, and will look to run if he has no one open. Take away his run, and the result is you will see him on the bench not starting. Sask was able to make him a pocket passer.

Defensively Calgary lost their entire defensive line except for 1 player. They have no one that can consistently get pressure on opposing Qb's. Last year Calgary was worst in the league vs the pass and this year they have replaced a few db's and 2 linebackers and their whole defensive front.

Calgary's offensive line is horrible as they break down easy and cannot stop blitzes.

Toronto has been solid this year on defense holding BC to a low 22 points, and limiting Hamilton to 5 points. They play a bend but don't break defense and play a lot of zone taking away all deep passes. The linebackers are great, and the front four is solid. Thus unit has been intact for the last 4 years. They have changed a few db's but they are very good.

The corners on Toronto stay at home, and you can't throw deep on safety Orlando Steinhauer. He reads everything and is very good. Linebackers EIBEN was a runner up for outstanding defensive player, and Micheal Fletcher is very quick and a good hitter, and was a former Db at Oregon. Mike Oshea used to be the best linebacker in the league about 5 years ago.

Toronto Defense used to be vulnerable vs the Run as they rushed 3 and dropped 9 into coverage. They could be run on right up the middle in years past. I believe they are better at stopping the run now though.

Toronto offense has a new Qb, Mike BISHOP former K state star. He has a strong arm and can throw the ball 93 yards. He played last week, and his ability to run, and throw deep is importnat because Arland Bruce, Tony Miles can get open deep. IN the Cfl if a Qb scrambles someone will always get open quick because their are 6 receivers running patterns. It is like touch football, break containment and everyone starts getting open.

Edmonton offensively looks good because the O line is giving RAY time to throw. Ray has won i believe 3 grey cups and had a tryout for the Jets of the NFL. He is very accurate and can read defenses very well. He has a receiving cast that he has one go to receiver jason TUCKER, former Dallas Cowboy. Ray is spreading the ball out, and I like what I saw from Ray vs Bc last week. WIth a good running back Tyler EBELL, if Ray has time to throw he can complete passes. Ray is one of few Qb's that will throw 10 yard passes all the way down the field, and then throw the deep corner or post to score as the defense is creeping up and playing tighter.

Edmonton defense is not great, their pass rush has potential with ABDULLAH and Braidwood. Their linebackers are very good, thier secondary is not gelling and has some question marks. Although right away they played 2 of the best offenses in the league. I think they can stop some of the other offenses in the league.

Edmonton always plays well at home, because of the natural grass, they are used to it and have the right footwear. They also have a good turnout to games, and have always played well at home.

Bc Lions are still the team to beat. Their defense is a bunch of ball hawks. It is propelled by their pass rush from the ends which collapse the pocket and make QB's make quick throws. Johnson, Hunt, and Wake are disrupting the pocket. The lions force you to throw the ball underneath and then stop you short of the first down. The Lions also are very tough to run on as well.

Barron Miles the safety is amazing, he can take the whole middle of the field away. He knows where the balll is going and can take the opposing teams best receiver right out of the game.

No team is able to move it on BC, because no QB is given enough time to throw against the defense. In the Edmonton game, when Ray was given the extra second he would complete the pass, if he wasn't he either got sacked or threw an INT.

Both Sask and BC's defense are so good because of their ferocius pass rushes.

Saskatchewan is playing the best defense so far in the league this year.

They rotate like 9 defensive lineman who go in and are always fresh. They are really intense and like to sack opposing Qb's.

The linebackers are intense with HUNT, MITCHELL and Loyd. THese guys are athletic, can cover, and can blitz.

Their defensive secondary has gone through chagnes but it doesen't matter because no team has time to throw vs them. ANd they are solid with shutdown Db Eddie Davis and James Johnson. Safety CLOVIS is very good as well.

Offensively they have good receivers, Fantuz, Dominguez, FLICK and Armstead. Qb JOSEPH used to play with FLICK and Armstead in Ottawa a few years ago.

If Qb Joseph can improve, he always plays very well at home, and is not so great on the road. Sask could be very dangerous with their defense.

Sask is a smash mouth football team, and Calgary is very soft and finesse.

Hamilton is the worst team in the league and would really get beat good if they played Bc or Sask.

Calgary was supposed to challenge BC, but I can tell you that BC will shutdown Calgary's offense easy, and score at will vs them. Calgary is done because they keep making so many changes with unproven players.

Toronto Defense is very good, and will challenge Qb's to be patient and move it against them with ling drives. Not surprisingly RAY played well vs them last year going short for long drives. Toronto Defense really plays well vs BURRIS who plays for Clagary who they are playing this week.
BURRIS tries to go deep and they confuse him, Argos do not give up big plays at all on D. Even BC couldn't hit any deep ones on them.

Winnipeg O has explosive receivers with STEGAL, Armstrong and Brazzell. These guys are all fast, good hands and can get open easy. Stegal and Armstrong are prob in teh top 5 in the league. Brazell is a cheetah and can get open deep.

Hamilton is very bad. I am not even sure this offense could move it on an elite touch football team. They will be good with Timmy Chang, but it will take time.

QB is so important in the CFL. Take this example.

If you put Ray on Calgary, they could become one of the league's best offence.

If you put Ray or Dickenson on Sask they win the grey cup.

If you put Ray or Dickenson on Winnipeg they might score 40 pts a game.

IF Ray and DIckenson is on Toronto, they could win the grey cup.

This league is all about teh QB's.

Last edited:
Looking at week 2 recap of the CFL.

Calgary is in disarray. Their defense is not playing well as a unit, probably because only one player that started last season Scott Coe is starting in the same position this year.

Word is their was major fighting in the locker room, because the team wanted former NFL'er Akili SMITH to start at QB. Qb Henry BURRIS is the type of QB that can execute a play, but only because of his very strong arm. What has happened is when he can't figure a defense out, he is done. He gets happy feet in the pocket, and wants to throw down the field. He is not a QB that can have patience and throw 10 yard routes down the field. He is also terribly inaccurate when he throws on the run.

Recap of last game- Pressure Henry BURRIS- Sask was sacking him, and forcing him to make quick reads, which he cannot do. He relies on deep patterns and zones in on one receiver. He needs receivers to beat the coverage. However vs Sask the pressure up front is too much forcing Burris to get sacked and then throw bad passes and interceptions.

He was their franchise QB, and he was pulled right away in the 2nd half because he lost the finals last year and is known as a choker. He has a lot of talent, very strong arm, but has no head for the game. He is a great runner, and will look to run if he has no one open. Take away his run, and the result is you will see him on the bench not starting. Sask was able to make him a pocket passer.

Defensively Calgary lost their entire defensive line except for 1 player. They have no one that can consistently get pressure on opposing Qb's. Last year Calgary was worst in the league vs the pass and this year they have replaced a few db's and 2 linebackers and their whole defensive front.

Calgary's offensive line is horrible as they break down easy and cannot stop blitzes.

Toronto has been solid this year on defense holding BC to a low 22 points, and limiting Hamilton to 5 points. They play a bend but don't break defense and play a lot of zone taking away all deep passes. The linebackers are great, and the front four is solid. Thus unit has been intact for the last 4 years. They have changed a few db's but they are very good.

The corners on Toronto stay at home, and you can't throw deep on safety Orlando Steinhauer. He reads everything and is very good. Linebackers EIBEN was a runner up for outstanding defensive player, and Micheal Fletcher is very quick and a good hitter, and was a former Db at Oregon. Mike Oshea used to be the best linebacker in the league about 5 years ago.

Toronto Defense used to be vulnerable vs the Run as they rushed 3 and dropped 9 into coverage. They could be run on right up the middle in years past. I believe they are better at stopping the run now though.

Toronto offense has a new Qb, Mike BISHOP former K state star. He has a strong arm and can throw the ball 93 yards. He played last week, and his ability to run, and throw deep is importnat because Arland Bruce, Tony Miles can get open deep. IN the Cfl if a Qb scrambles someone will always get open quick because their are 6 receivers running patterns. It is like touch football, break containment and everyone starts getting open.

Edmonton offensively looks good because the O line is giving RAY time to throw. Ray has won i believe 3 grey cups and had a tryout for the Jets of the NFL. He is very accurate and can read defenses very well. He has a receiving cast that he has one go to receiver jason TUCKER, former Dallas Cowboy. Ray is spreading the ball out, and I like what I saw from Ray vs Bc last week. WIth a good running back Tyler EBELL, if Ray has time to throw he can complete passes. Ray is one of few Qb's that will throw 10 yard passes all the way down the field, and then throw the deep corner or post to score as the defense is creeping up and playing tighter.

Edmonton defense is not great, their pass rush has potential with ABDULLAH and Braidwood. Their linebackers are very good, thier secondary is not gelling and has some question marks. Although right away they played 2 of the best offenses in the league. I think they can stop some of the other offenses in the league.

Edmonton always plays well at home, because of the natural grass, they are used to it and have the right footwear. They also have a good turnout to games, and have always played well at home.

Bc Lions are still the team to beat. Their defense is a bunch of ball hawks. It is propelled by their pass rush from the ends which collapse the pocket and make QB's make quick throws. Johnson, Hunt, and Wake are disrupting the pocket. The lions force you to throw the ball underneath and then stop you short of the first down. The Lions also are very tough to run on as well.

Barron Miles the safety is amazing, he can take the whole middle of the field away. He knows where the balll is going and can take the opposing teams best receiver right out of the game.

No team is able to move it on BC, because no QB is given enough time to throw against the defense. In the Edmonton game, when Ray was given the extra second he would complete the pass, if he wasn't he either got sacked or threw an INT.

Both Sask and BC's defense are so good because of their ferocius pass rushes.

Saskatchewan is playing the best defense so far in the league this year.

They rotate like 9 defensive lineman who go in and are always fresh. They are really intense and like to sack opposing Qb's.

The linebackers are intense with HUNT, MITCHELL and Loyd. THese guys are athletic, can cover, and can blitz.

Their defensive secondary has gone through chagnes but it doesen't matter because no team has time to throw vs them. ANd they are solid with shutdown Db Eddie Davis and James Johnson. Safety CLOVIS is very good as well.

Offensively they have good receivers, Fantuz, Dominguez, FLICK and Armstead. Qb JOSEPH used to play with FLICK and Armstead in Ottawa a few years ago.

If Qb Joseph can improve, he always plays very well at home, and is not so great on the road. Sask could be very dangerous with their defense.

Sask is a smash mouth football team, and Calgary is very soft and finesse.

Hamilton is the worst team in the league and would really get beat good if they played Bc or Sask.

Calgary was supposed to challenge BC, but I can tell you that BC will shutdown Calgary's offense easy, and score at will vs them. Calgary is done because they keep making so many changes with unproven players.

Toronto Defense is very good, and will challenge Qb's to be patient and move it against them with ling drives. Not surprisingly RAY played well vs them last year going short for long drives. Toronto Defense really plays well vs BURRIS who plays for Clagary who they are playing this week.
BURRIS tries to go deep and they confuse him, Argos do not give up big plays at all on D. Even BC couldn't hit any deep ones on them.

Winnipeg O has explosive receivers with STEGAL, Armstrong and Brazzell. These guys are all fast, good hands and can get open easy. Stegal and Armstrong are prob in teh top 5 in the league. Brazell is a cheetah and can get open deep.

Hamilton is very bad. I am not even sure this offense could move it on an elite touch football team. They will be good with Timmy Chang, but it will take time.

QB is so important in the CFL. Take this example.

If you put Ray on Calgary, they could become one of the league's best offence.

If you put Ray or Dickenson on Sask they win the grey cup.

If you put Ray or Dickenson on Winnipeg they might score 40 pts a game.

IF Ray and DIckenson is on Toronto, they could win the grey cup.

This league is all about teh QB's.

That's a very good writeup as usual Sammy. However Calgary may have the best offence on the CFL anyway. Sure they stumbled in Saskatchewan last Sunday but those games or 'dud's' as they're often called have to happen from time to time during the course of an entire season. (Just keep that game in the back of your mind when Saskatchewan pays a visit to Calgary on Saturday, September 15th.) At this point, and of course it's very early in the season, I would give the number one rated offence to Calgary and the number one rated defence to BC, followed by both Toreonto and Saskatchewan for second place in that category.

Rug Rat I agree that Calgary has offensive potential as they have weapons on paper.

However I cannot say that a team led by Henry Burris will be better than an offence led by Dave Dickenson. I was at the Lions game last week and when Dickenson gets warmed up he has some great targets to throw to.
Geroy Simon, possibly the best receiver in the league, Clermont is a beast and is possession guy that can go deep. Paris Jackson is 6'3, fast, long and lean. He has the potential to be one of the better receivers in the league. Tony Simmons is the wild card, runs a 4.4 40 has a 31 inch waist with a 39 inch vertical leap.

I used to live in Ottawa, where Eric Tillman was the GM. He was assembling a great team, and he is in Saskatchewan with Kerry Joseph, jason Armstead and DJ Flick. Joseph really worked well with these guys and that is why they brought them to Sask. Throw in Matt Dominguez who was on his way to being one of the best receivers in the league. Andy Fantuz will also be another Dave Sapungis. He is big at 6'4 and is tough to stop over the middle. Sask offensive line is very good and if they give Joseph time to throw he will complete the pass. If he has to hurry the throws he is erratic.

Winnipeg also has a very explosive offense. With Charles Roberts who is amazing, and Milt Stegal , Derek Armstrong and Chris Brazzell and Terrence Edwards who will be the next young superstar receiver. Winnipeg's O line is the problem but they have the best running back with the best receiver and possibly Armstrong who is in the top 5 in the league.

Calgary offence has some problems. First of all they cannot pass protect very well. They are big on the O line but not athletic. I know Jeff Pilon from high school, and he is a beast but not very fast.
I believe that as defenses play together year in year out they become harder to move the ball against. Look at BC and Toronto, they have had the same secondary players for a few years and look at them.
Burris has some great targets, and I agree if you put another Qb on Calgary they very well maybe the best offence in the league.
Burris is starting to regress, defenses know where he wants to go with the ball, and he throws a lot of interceptions. Burris does not have the mental ability to keep calm and execute. He chokes and panics under pressure.
Burris cannot read a defense in the CFl. His plays are called where he singles a receiver out and uses his arm to make the deep throws or the short throws. However when a team has some Db's that cover tight it is game over for Burris.

Burris has far too many 2 and outs and cannot score on 10+play drives. He needs the deep passes. Against weak defenses he can make the deep throws and rely on his receivers to beat weak coverage schemes.

I was at the BC game and I can tell you from what I have seen in that game and from Saskatchwan that BC will have trouble moving the ball vs Sasketchewan. BC's offense still has not generated any consistency, and beat edmonton who has an average defense.

I am confident that the Sask defense will rush and attack the BC Qb. Bc offense is still not even close to top mode yet. They are not playing confident and can be stopped at this point, The way that Sask is playing on defense they will rush Dickenson, and frustrate him. Sask defense has always given Dickenson major fits because they are so physical and attacking.

Also i think that Toronto will beat Calgary on Thursday.

hell of a lot of info in here sammy, sounds good. I get myself confused with these teams because they are so new to me.

Where do you currently lean on the 4 games?

Toronto -2.5
Winnipeg -5
Sas -2.5
Montreal -6

What about under 51 in the BC/Sas game with both teams have good defenses?

hell of a lot of info in here sammy, sounds good. I get myself confused with these teams because they are so new to me.

Toronto -2.5
Winnipeg -5
Sas -2.5
Montreal -6

What jumps out at me right away is the under in the BC vs Sask game. Having actually seen these 2 teams live and then watched the other games on tv, the defenses are ahead of the offences with these teams.

I was at the Bc game last week, and while Bc won the game by 20 points, Edmonton does not have playmakers on defense. Bc offense had far too many 2 and outs. Dickenson started playing better by hitting the intermediate patterns over the middle of the field. I suspect that Sask will be able to pressure Dickenson and contain the Bc offense.

Sask offence with Kerry Joseph has limited success moving the ball vs BC. Joseph is not good enough to consistently throw the ball vs the tight coverage of Bc. Joseph is able to move the ball when he breaks the pocket and runs. Back in his days with Ottawa he was always dangerous on the run, where he can throw deep.

This game will be a battle of the defenses as both are solid and can really get pressure on the opposing team Qb's.

I am not a totals player but may have to play this one, because of the value in the line of 51.

I am leaning towards the Argos at -2.5 over Calgary this thursday.

No one really knows how good Calgary is, but I think they are overvalued and overrated at this point. Now this has nothing to do with the beating they took from Sask.

They are losing it in the offseason with some real questionable acquisitions.

Starters- Their leading receiver Jermaine Copeland who Burris knows well and went to as one of his 2 go to guys, doesen't even start anymore??

He has been replaced by Mark Boerichter who came from the NFL and is very good, but Burris probably has no chemistry with him yet.

Defense they only return 4 players from last years starting 12?? To make matters worse they were worst in the league last year vs the pass. Last game Sask went nuts but Joseph is not that good, Calgary is no good.

They lost their entire defensive line as well going with all raw rookies.

Not to mention their is in fighting with Calgary and they are a finesse team. If they are doing well they do really well, but if they face a tough team they fold really quick.

The argos are one of the solid defenses in the CFL. They have always given Burris fits, as they are very talented in the secondary and always in position.

The thing about Calgary is guaranteed the only defense worse than theirs is Hamilton. Every other team has a better defense than them.

Toronto defense is always tough and will give Calgary trouble. Argos offense under BISHOP who is starting to play better ever game with more confidence. He has all the tools and has 2 explosive receivers in BRUCE who is the best deep receiver, he is unstoppable man to man coverage. Also Miles is very fast as well. The Argos I think will score on this Calgary defense. To win on the road you need a solid veteran defense.

It is no coincidence that Hamilton with their defense lost big both games and so did Calgary in game 2. Reasons- Because of their bad defenses.

Not to mention Calgary played Sunday night late game flew to Hamilton to rest and practice and will have maybe one day of practice. Argos were home on saturday night, and have an extra day to prepare and are at home as well.

Calgary's lack of pass rush will spell trouble vs Bishop who is very mobile.

I am taking the Argos on Thursday. Calgary is not playing well and playing the Argos is not a good matchup because they are fundamentally very positionally solid. They don't make mistakes on defense. They beat hamilton 30-5.

Also leaning towards the Alouettes -6 over Cats. Alouettes were in the finals last year of the Grey Cup which is the Super Bowl of the Cfl. Alouettes last week were doing very well vs the best receiving core in the league winnipeg and the best running back in the league Charles roberts.

Alouettes will win this game by more than 10 points, their defense is still very talented. Don't believe me they only allowed 16 points vs Sask and 32 vs the leagues best receivers, and it was because they got sacked 8 times meaning their D was on the field the whole game.

Nice I was thinking Under in the BC game just because of what I have been reading about the defenses and that is the 2nd highest total on the board, kind of odd there.

So right now we are looking at Toronto, BC/Sas Under 51, and Montreal -6?

the Argos line came out at -3!

I am putting in the Argos right now at -3.

Also a respected source who knows the league very well has Toronto winning by 10 and Montreal by 10 and 43 points in the Bc game.

Argos are good, bad scheduling by the schedule maker and it will take a defensive effort from Calgary if they are going to start competing on the road vs good teams. They are too young and really don't have the playmakers yet. Also really like the Argos defense who frustrated Dickenson, and has frustrated Burris in the past.
Calgary looked really bad vs Sask and Toronto looked very good vs Hamilton. Many times in football there is the overreaction angle, but in this case Toronto played a game that they are capable of playing week in week out. Calgary played very poor on offense and defense. However they are saying they had a bad game. Good teams don't have bad games and lose 49-8 with all of your starters playing? They are simply not that good of a team as I have stated in all of my posts above. The Argos are always undervalued from the oddsmakers but are a solid squad, and also tough to beat at home.

I am on Argos-3
Alouettes -6

Not playing the BC game under yet, will wait, but it will cash under.
Considering the Bombers game vs Edmonton over this week, not sure though yet

Last edited:

Toronto -2.5
Winnipeg -5
Sas -2.5
Montreal -6

Actually when I refer to Calgary having the best offence, I refer to the overall offence, not just the comparison of the 2 QB's running the offence. I think Calgary has a better running game and more weapons at the receiver position and it wouldn't make any big difference IMO whether it is Burris or even Dickinson running the ship in Calgary, the Stamps would still have the best offence in the CFL at this juncture in time. At defence, there's no disputing that BC is number one in that category.

As for the leans this week Sammy, I'm leaning to:
--Toronto (The short week has to affect the Stamps, but lose 2 straight?
--Edmonton (Tough call)
--BC (Tough, tough call IMO)
--Hamilton (Montreal hasn't impressed me and neither has Hamilton, though the Cats weren't supposed to impress me anyway)

Sorry, I got my response mixed up. It was supposed to be added to Sammy's post, not everythingrhatsgreen's.

Rug Rat I agree that Calgary has offensive potential as they have weapons on paper.

However I cannot say that a team led by Henry Burris will be better than an offence led by Dave Dickenson. I was at the Lions game last week and when Dickenson gets warmed up he has some great targets to throw to.
Geroy Simon, possibly the best receiver in the league, Clermont is a beast and is possession guy that can go deep. Paris Jackson is 6'3, fast, long and lean. He has the potential to be one of the better receivers in the league. Tony Simmons is the wild card, runs a 4.4 40 has a 31 inch waist with a 39 inch vertical leap.
I used to live in Ottawa, where Eric Tillman was the GM. He was assembling a great team, and he is in Saskatchewan with Kerry Joseph, jason Armstead and DJ Flick. Joseph really worked well with these guys and that is why they brought them to Sask. Throw in Matt Dominguez who was on his way to being one of the best receivers in the league. Andy Fantuz will also be another Dave Sapungis. He is big at 6'4 and is tough to stop over the middle. Sask offensive line is very good and if they give Joseph time to throw he will complete the pass. If he has to hurry the throws he is erratic.
Winnipeg also has a very explosive offense. With Charles Roberts who is amazing, and Milt Stegal , Derek Armstrong and Chris Brazzell and Terrence Edwards who will be the next young superstar receiver. Winnipeg's O line is the problem but they have the best running back with the best receiver and possibly Armstrong who is in the top 5 in the league.
Calgary offence has some problems. First of all they cannot pass protect very well. They are big on the O line but not athletic. I know Jeff Pilon from high school, and he is a beast but not very fast.
I believe that as defenses play together year in year out they become harder to move the ball against. Look at BC and Toronto, they have had the same secondary players for a few years and look at them.
Burris has some great targets, and I agree if you put another Qb on Calgary they very well maybe the best offence in the league.
Burris is starting to regress, defenses know where he wants to go with the ball, and he throws a lot of interceptions. Burris does not have the mental ability to keep calm and execute. He chokes and panics under pressure.
Burris cannot read a defense in the CFl. His plays are called where he singles a receiver out and uses his arm to make the deep throws or the short throws. However when a team has some Db's that cover tight it is game over for Burris.
Burris has far too many 2 and outs and cannot score on 10+play drives. He needs the deep passes. Against weak defenses he can make the deep throws and rely on his receivers to beat weak coverage schemes.
I was at the BC game and I can tell you from what I have seen in that game and from Saskatchwan that BC will have trouble moving the ball vs Sasketchewan. BC's offense still has not generated any consistency, and beat edmonton who has an average defense.
I am confident that the Sask defense will rush and attack the BC Qb. Bc offense is still not even close to top mode yet. They are not playing confident and can be stopped at this point, The way that Sask is playing on defense they will rush Dickenson, and frustrate him. Sask defense has always given Dickenson major fits because they are so physical and attacking.
Also i think that Toronto will beat Calgary on Thursday.

Actually Sammy when I refer to Calgary having the best offence, I refer to the overall offence, not just the comparison of the 2 QB's running the offence. I think Calgary has a better running game and more weapons at the receiver position and it wouldn't make any big difference IMO whether it is Burris or even Dickinson running the ship in Calgary, the Stamps would still have the best offence in the CFL at this juncture in time. At defence, there's no disputing that BC is number one in that category.

As for the leans this week Sammy, I'm leaning to:
--Toronto (The short week has to affect the Stamps, but lose 2 straight?
--Edmonton (Tough call)
--BC (Tough, tough call IMO)
--Hamilton (Montreal hasn't impressed me and neither has Hamilton, though the Cats weren't supposed to impress me anyway)

Sammy,

Agree fully on Toronto this week. Just the short turnaround is enough reason to take the Argos this week. Stamps played Sunday night, rested their bodies and minds on Monday, STARTED preparations for Toronto on Tuesday and FINISH preparations on Wednesday ...ONLY IN THE CFL !!!

If ever there was a week where the Calgary defence could use a few extra days to get everyone on the same page as to coverages, it's THIS WEEK but they are getting the exact opposite with the short week. Saskatchewan had tons of wide open receivers getting behind the coverage with Joseph at the helm and Bishop of Toronto is like a clone of Joseph - long thrower with option to run so Calgary is going to feel like they are part of a "to be continued" episode when they hit the field vs Toronto :36_11_6:

Here's a quote from Burris where he mentions how it's a big deal winning on the road which to me means he doesn't have the proper mindset to be a warrior when you go on the road. His comments below suggest it's normal course of action to go on the road and lose.

"I think (Sunday's game) was a good reality check,'' Burris said. "In this league, people are going to win at home. It's a matter of, 'How many games are you going to win on the road?' We didn't have a good game today.''

Let's hopefully get a nice Toronto win and a good start to the week !!!

Argos welcome back punter PREFONTAINE which is a big deal cause he is one of the main weapons with his great punting and solid field goal kicking.

Will watch the game on Tv, after the Nigeria Zambia soccer game that I have tickets too. Should be an interesting affair with lots of crowd enthusiasm. Hopefully this one finishes in regulation as all those U 20 games seem to go in extra time.

Argos up 27-0, turned that shit off..

Friday is interesting set of games, I think they will be much closer to the spreads. I just got a feeling bout that BC/Sas Under 51.. I see BC+3.5 right now. Winnipeg -4.5..

I think I am about to lock Hamilton in for Sunday -6.

Second Half Argos

Just came back from the Nigeria-Zambia game it was a crazy atmosphere. I was in the Nigeria fans section and there was this voodo guy with a doll of a zambia player and they were doing all these weird voodoo chants. I took nigeria and won so was happy.

Came back sw Argos up 27-0 making 6 int's. I am going to take Argos second half for about 33% of my original bet on the Moneyline.

I think Burris will come back in the game, If smith plays Argos will shut them out. however Mike Mcmahon will come in and score some in mop up time.

looking at the Argos scoring about 13 -17 in this half. I don't think Calgary will score more than 13 and the Argos are not letting up on D and are trying to stop teams from scoring on them. They take it personally.

If you can get Argos moneyline or the +3 I would take it.

I grabbed moneyline +140 2nd half

bishop injured for Argos now Mcmahon is in, its okay they scored a quick Td and according to my research Mcmahon is supposed to be the best Qb anyway. One thing for sure this Argos D is defenitely the best and most athletic secondary in the league hands down.

Hope to get this one and then hit the town for a bit and then regroup for tomorrow's games.

Sammy, McMahon, haha... I seen him play enough at Rutgers.. My sister knew him but we will end the convo at that. He should be able to do alright there. Argos D is better than BC?

Have a good night on the town, I won't be around tomorrow, going down to Atlantic City so I am going to have to bet early tomorrow for the games, hope to see some discussion from you guys.

41-0

Wow Steinhauer at safety is sick, i think he has GPS on the ball, 4 int's already.

Heads are gonna roll in Calgary as Burris cannot read toronto's defense. A simple case of a team that is overrated with named receivers but play no team football and have no effort, and are not that great of a team.

41-0

It's tough to say who is the best defense cause certain teams can stop other teams. Toronto has the best linebacking core for sure that are basically extra db's. Their safety Steinhauer who has 4 picks tonight has a GPS for the ball.
Their corners Parker and Younger are athletic and Khalil Carter is fast and a slick athlete.

Bc's success is predicated a lot on their pass rush. The Argos success is their amazing coverage and communication.

Sask is not that good on defense. They have benefited from playing Calgary and Montreal so far this season. One of my good friends plays on Sask, he is a backup safety. Sask looks good when they pressure the Qb, however they can be beaten, they are no Toronto.

I would say Bc and Toronto are very good, but Toronto is slightly better as they are picking up a few missing pieces each year and are getting better every year.

EG (your name is too long to spell out - HA HA), I agree with you on the BC-Sask game and took it under 51 earlier in the week. I will probably play less than 5 CFL games UNDER all year because points can be scored in bunches but up till now, these two defences have given up 2 or 3 TD's all year so I'll take my 7 TD's and safety (51 points) and count the seconds as they go off the clock.

Prediction 20-19 for either team on last second field goal.

Back