Sides 27-18, +13.45
Totals 6-2, +1.6
Teasers 6-4, +1.9
1h 6-4, +2.5
2h 3-4, -2.5
ML 3-0, +3.0
Parlays 2-1, +2.18

Total 53-33, +22.13 units

Come in off another solid week and hope to keep it going in the right direction. I'll have more time this week to get into the card and hopefully come up with some winners. GL to everyone on the action :cheers:

MD +2 1.1/1
BC -3 1.1/1
TCU -1.5 1.1/1
BYU/TCU 2h under 21.5 -115 1.15/1
Houston -13.5 1.1/1
Hawaii/Boise St under 52 1.1/1
Texas -4 2.2/2
Navy ML +125 1/1.25
Georgia -14 -120 1.2/1
Penn State -24 -120 1.2/1

Last edited:
Timmy's been on fire all year, I think the only losses he has are when my dumbass bets on the same side as him. :36_11_6:

Definitely playing the Terps this weekend despite the huge coaching mismatch between Grobe and Fridgy. I don't think Wake is going to like playing against a team this physical.

Hey thanks fellas, appreciate it.

Top Daddy - I had a great time down there. We caught some nice redfish while we were there. I think we could have done better on the fishing but we had a couple of logistical problems with private boats, bait etc and didn't max out, but I learned a lot about the area and would love to go back. We should have taken a charter out of Zeke's offshore but never got it together. I went over there and saw the marina and it looked really nice and also saw some nice catch that they brought in including some quality billfish. We had a great fish fry one night at one of the guys homes who lives down there and that was really fun. Florabama's was the highlight of the nightlife. I really enjoyed that bar a lot, good bands, wide variety of young girls, MILFS, locals etc...and really nice to be able to hang outside and party. We stayed in a really nice condo on the beach that was great and Saturday we went to the Wharf and caught a lot of football at Rafters and that was great. All in all a great time and a great area down there.

MD +2 1.1/1 - Prior to 2006, MD won and covered 7 straight vs. WF but are playing with double revenge after giving away last year's game at WF when the Terps were going in for a game clinching score and threw a pick for a 100 yard int. return that turned the game around and they eventually lost in OT 31-24. MD in a word has been extremely inconsistent this season looking horrible against MTSU and VA and playing a really strong game vs. Cal and a very good 2h especially defensively vs. Clemson. James Franklin is calling the plays this year, as MD has gone to the West Coast offense. In the MTSU and VA games his playcalling imo wasn't very good and MD failed to get the ball to D. Heyward Bey enough to really get him involved in the offense. Bey has been really shut down the last two games vs. Clemson and VA. MD also has been nicked up in the secondary and had some problems in pass coverage, especially in their zone packages. They get Nolan Carroll back this week which should help a lot as the other corner is solid with Barnes. D. Scott has been held down the last two weeks and hasn't been completely healthy but should be ready to go this week. A big strength of the team this year is the OL, who have a lot of depth and experience but have been inconsistent in their play. They need to come together so MD can establish the running game from the onset vs. a tough Wake D. I am very impressed with Wake's pass defense this season, as they have played extremely well. Wake though really doesn't have much on offense and haven't been able to run the ball with any consistency but their D has kept them in games and they have been very opportunistic in the TO dept at +7. This game basically is MD's season if they want to have any chance in the Atlantic Division. A loss to Wake here would basically finish off any hope. I think the players will respond to their pathetic performance at VA and show up and play a good game here. The week off has given them a lot of time to reflect on their last game, and their backs are up against the wall. MD has responded in these situations in the past, and I look for them to get the win here in a tough game.

Korn finally high enough

Second-year QB holds job, Tigers’ hopes

By Larry Hartstein
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Since he picked Clemson before his junior season of high school, Willy Korn has been the heir apparent.
He was the highest-rated quarterback Tommy Bowden ever landed. The one Tigers fans have been clamoring for. The one Georgia Tech will face Saturday in his first career start.
<!--endtext--><!--endclickprintinclude-->
<!--startclickprintinclude--><!--begintext-->Bowden may be gone, but interim coach Dabo Swinney said the entire staff agreed with Bowden’s decision to replace senior Cullen Harper with Korn, a redshirt freshman.
“I have all the confidence in the world that Willy Korn is going to do a great job,” Swinney said. “He has been here two years now and knows the offense. He is a good runner.
“I also have confidence in Cullen. He has to be ready to go into a game and win it. I challenged both of them in front of the team. We’re going to be a family. There are no agendas. Everyone is going to be unified and playing as one.”
Harper, a Sequoyah High graduate, said Tuesday that his strong reaction to Bowden’s departure was misconstrued.
Of course he was upset when Bowden benched him the day after Clemson’s 12-7 loss to Wake Forest.
But when Harper sent a text message to ESPN stating, “It’s what he deserved,” he said he was referring to Swinney’s appointment, not Bowden’s resignation.
Damage control or not, Harper said Swinney has given the Tigers a fresh start.
“It was tough around here the past couple of weeks,” Harper said. “People were hanging their heads a little bit. Hopefully, this will be a spark and we can turn the season around. We’ve still got six games left, and it can be something we remember for the rest of our lives.”
Harper thinks he’ll get another chance to play.
“There still might be an opportunity for me to prove myself,” he said. “Nothing is going to change from the standpoint of how I prepare. I’m going to stay positive and support my team.”
Korn (6-2, 215 pounds) is more mobile than Harper, but Tech coach Paul Johnson said the defensive game plan won’t change much. The Jackets also face a new play-caller: Swinney took over after dismissing offensive coordinator Rob Spence.
“We’re preparing for both quarterbacks,” Johnson said. “We’re preparing for their offense. … I doubt very seriously they’re going to change the whole thing in three days, so it’ll be kind of a semblance of what they do with some wrinkles.”
Tech leads the nation in tackles for loss (9.3 per game) and ranks fourth in points allowed (10.7), sixth in total defense (255.5 yards) and seventh in sacks (3.2 per game).
“They’ve got as good a front as we’ve played,” Swinney said. “Derrick Morgan is a baller. He’s going to bring it every play. Michael Johnson is probably a top-10 draft pick talent. He’s a great player. Those two guys are where it starts.”
It’s a daunting assignment for a quarterback who has yet to face Division I-A opposition this year.
Korn entered Clemson after leading powerhouse Byrnes High to a 39-3 record and two state championships. He played in two games early last season, then hurt his shoulder and took a redshirt.
In spot duty this season against The Citadel and South Carolina State, he completed 14-of-18 throws for 157 yards and a touchdown.
Korn said he doesn’t feel any extra pressure this week.
“I really don’t,” he said. “I forget who said it, but there is a famous quote, ‘If you’re not good under pressure, you’re probably not that good at all.’ “

<!--endtext-->

Boston College -3 1.1/1 - Tough to go against VT as they are 16-1 on the road SU since joining the ACC but I will in this spot. VT short at RB with loss of Kenny Lewis (achilles) for the season and WR corps not helped with suspension of Ike Whitaker (public intoxication) which takes away their ability to stretch the field. VT passing game has been fairly non-productive anyway and I think they are going up a very solid defense in BC. I like BC on the LOS on both sides of the ball and think they certainly have the better balanced offense in this one. Two weeks to prepare for the Eagles who look to avenge their ACC title game loss from last year.

Houston -13.5 1.1/1 - Houston No. 1 passing offense goes against one of the worst defenses in the country in SMU. Houston RB Bryce Beall has emerged as a rushing threat for the Cougars and is definitely a breakaway threat. SMU killing themselves with TO's which won't help if the dynamic Hou offense gets shortfield opportunities.

MD +2 1.1/1 - Prior to 2006, MD won and covered 7 straight vs. WF but are playing with double revenge after giving away last year's game at WF when the Terps were going in for a game clinching score and threw a pick for a 100 yard int. return that turned the game around and they eventually lost in OT 31-24. MD in a word has been extremely inconsistent this season looking horrible against MTSU and VA and playing a really strong game vs. Cal and a very good 2h especially defensively vs. Clemson. James Franklin is calling the plays this year, as MD has gone to the West Coast offense. In the MTSU and VA games his playcalling imo wasn't very good and MD failed to get the ball to D. Heyward Bey enough to really get him involved in the offense. Bey has been really shut down the last two games vs. Clemson and VA. MD also has been nicked up in the secondary and had some problems in pass coverage, especially in their zone packages. They get Nolan Carroll back this week which should help a lot as the other corner is solid with Barnes. D. Scott has been held down the last two weeks and hasn't been completely healthy but should be ready to go this week. A big strength of the team this year is the OL, who have a lot of depth and experience but have been inconsistent in their play. They need to come together so MD can establish the running game from the onset vs. a tough Wake D. I am very impressed with Wake's pass defense this season, as they have played extremely well. Wake though really doesn't have much on offense and haven't been able to run the ball with any consistency but their D has kept them in games and they have been very opportunistic in the TO dept at +7. This game basically is MD's season if they want to have any chance in the Atlantic Division. A loss to Wake here would basically finish off any hope. I think the players will respond to their pathetic performance at VA and show up and play a good game here. The week off has given them a lot of time to reflect on their last game, and their backs are up against the wall. MD has responded in these situations in the past, and I look for them to get the win here in a tough game.

Thank god. Was praying i would see you on terps this week.

Great thread dude and gl this week.

Hawaii/Boise St under 52 1.1/1 - Revenge spot for Boise and their defense will be geared up to shut down the Bows. I think Boise will get comfortably ahead and bang it on the ground in the 2h.

Thanks VK and Nawlins, hope you guys have a great week :shake:

Texas -4 2.2/2 - Very impressed with Texas's ability to get pressure on Bradford last week with the quality OU offensive line. I watched Ok St/Mo. last week and Okst though not renowned for their pass rush was able to effectively pressure Daniel. I have to believe that if OKST was successful getting pressure that Texas certainly ought to be able to do it even better. Also think Texas OL has done a very nice job giving McCoy plenty of time. Texas better on the LOS here on both sides of the ball should get it done at home.

Hawaii/Boise St under 52 1.1/1 - Revenge spot for Boise and their defense will be geared up to shut down the Bows. I think Boise will get comfortably ahead and bang it on the ground in the 2h.

Thanks VK and Nawlins, hope you guys have a great week :shake:

Excellent analysis, Tim.

:cheers:

Only against you on Texas, at +7. :cheers: Heres to a 6 pt Texas win.

Good Luck on the rest of your plays.

Did you catch anything last weekend?

Thanks Marlo - Caught some decent redfish 8-10 lb. range, blues, flounder, black snapper. GL today.

Boston College -3 1.1/1 - Tough to go against VT as they are 16-1 on the road SU since joining the ACC but I will in this spot. VT short at RB with loss of Kenny Lewis (achilles) for the season and WR corps not helped with suspension of Ike Whitaker (public intoxication) which takes away their ability to stretch the field. VT passing game has been fairly non-productive anyway and I think they are going up a very solid defense in BC. I like BC on the LOS on both sides of the ball and think they certainly have the better balanced offense in this one. Two weeks to prepare for the Eagles who look to avenge their ACC title game loss from last year.

Tim,

Just a few observations regarding the players you mentioned above. Ike Whitaker is from up your way, Germantown I believe. Regardless, he was a highschool QB and was a backup QB on Tech roster his freshman year. He was kicked off the team last year and went to alcohol rehab. They moved him to WR, not because of his ability, but because of Glennon and Tyrod. He was non-existent as a WR on the field this year. His suspension will not have any effect on the passing game. Kenny Lewis, Jr. was the starter because of his seniority, not ability. Darren Evans is the best RB on the team and he will now see the field more. You could argue that this helps the Tech offense more, because Beamer seemed too loyal to Lewis. Evans had gotten more carries than Lewis leading up to the Lewis injury. If does hurt the RB depth and means Oglesby will be on the field more.

I am not saying you are on the wrong side, but unless Evans gets hurt, the injuries/suspensions you mentioned will not effect the game.:shake:

Back