Sides 14-7 +6.87 units
Totals 1-3 -2.3 units
Tease 1-1 -0.1 units
Parlays 0-1 -1.0 units
2H Totals 0-2 -2.2 units
1H Sides 1-0 +1.0 units
Live Bets 1-0 +1.0 units
Overall 18-14 +3.27 units

6-5 in Week 3. The VT game was just awful to watch and their play calling was abysmal. They squandered numerous opportunities and the kicking game was just awful. Also suffered through watching WKy and they played a bad 2h. The bright side was MD who played very well again.

Utah St. +7.5 1.5*
GT -6 -108 1*
and -5.5 1*
Ball St. -9.5 -108 1.5*
Kansas St. +7 -120 1*
3 Team Tease Fla -5.5, Fla under 56, Ball St. Pick 1.2/1

Ark St. -3 -120 1*
Stanford -6 1*

GL on the action :cheers:

Last edited:
Dr. Tim,
GREAT call on MD!!!!!!! - and 2 units to boot :)
it started scary and ended perfect...
Thanks for all your effort!!!

[h=1]3 takeaways from Tech-Duke [/h]

1. One of the better defensive performances of coach Paul Johnson’s tenureDuke was 3-for-14 on third downs and Tech collected six three-and-outs. Perhaps time will tell how much of a Duke quarterback Brandon Connette is and how meaningful it was for Georgia Tech to stifle the Blue Devils the way they did - Connette misfired on a few potential first-down passes - but the fact is that’s what the Yellow Jackets did.
Further, Tech limited big plays from the Duke offense. The longest run play was 16 yards, and the longest pass play was 21 yards. There were some missed tackles, but for the most part the Jackets were able to keep things in front of them.
With the exception of last year’s 31-13 win over Maryland, when the Terrapins played a converted linebacker at quarterback, the 14 points were the fewest Tech has allowed in an ACC game since a 49-10 win over Duke in 2009.
2. Plenty of room for offensive improvement
Quarterback Vad Lee said that he thought the team left points on the field, and he is correct. He missed on a deep route to Darren Waller, overthrowing him. The drive went three-and-out. When Lee was intercepted by cornerback Ross Cockrell on another deep ball to Waller, Johnson said another player was open on a wheel route for a play that could have been a touchdown. That’s 14 points right there.
Lee had a dangerous pitch on a play that was ultimately ruled a forward pass and incompletion. He missed some reads. His ball security wasn’t ideal on a couple runs and he lost the ball once on a fumble. It’s nitpicking, perhaps, on a 38-point effort. It’s just part of the process of playing with a first-year starting quarterback. My point is these sorts of errors could be costly at some point.
Asked for a grade of the offense, A-back Robbie Godhigh said, “I would say like a B, B-minus. We definitely left a lot of points out there, but I felt like we played a good enough game to get the win, of course.”
3. DeAndre Smelter looked like an impact player
After not getting any catches against Elon, Lee went three times to Smelter, and the first two went for touchdowns. On the first, All-ACC cornerback Ross Cockrell lined up in press coverage against him at the Duke 24. Smelter broke free of coverage, slanted in and Lee zipped a pass to him near the goal line for the score. On the second, from the Duke 10-yard line, he ran a simple hitch, caught Lee’s pass at the 5-yard line, slipped a tackle and was in the end zone.
It’s another time-will-tell matter, but he has the look of a playmaker and someone that Lee can trust going to with the ball.

Johnny: Im concerned about Renner. He has big arm and dont think he will have as many problems as Duke backup. UNC having faced Shaw is good practice for defending Lee. GT passed much more and effectively than they have in recent memory last week. It is my impression that although Lee is more dynamic than Nesbitt or Washington the running is not yet as potent, alhough I love the B backs and Smelter is a gifted wideout. I think the game finishes on a 4. Definitely can see backdoor open late. I just hope they win as next Thursday they face Hokies at home on Thursday night and it would be nice to be undefeated at that point. GL Tim.

Dr. Tim,
GREAT call on MD!!!!!!! - and 2 units to boot :)
it started scary and ended perfect...
Thanks for all your effort!!!
Thanks biggoob, I was very pleased with MD performance overall and thought barring the TO's on offense they really played very well.

Tim,

I am loving MD again this week. Any thoughts? Thanks
I am concerned about the secondary. The loss of McDougle is huge but Goins has a lot of experience and Lively has looked very good on special teams and has the speed and physical ability. Their overall depth though is not as strong in the nickel and dime packages to face spread teams with multi receiver formations. I need to look more at WVU.

Helps that WVU QB situation is in flux, but top 2 CBs being out vs WVU, how good do you feel about the 3-4 CBs that will be on the field then Saturday?
s--k - Goins has considerable experience and I think he will be fine and he has already played a lot this year after Jeremiah Johnson went down with the toe injury and was seeing significant time anyway in the nickel and dime defenses. Lively has all the skills to be good but lacks the experience. The lack of depth though may show up like you said in the 3rd and 4th options at CB who are freshman with little or no experience.

[h=1]Johnson presser recap [/h]

By Ken SugiuraNotes from Paul Johnson's Tuesday news conference, in chronological order.
1. North Carolina’s tight ends are “probably as good as anybody in the country,” he said. Eric Ebron is rated as the No. 3 tight end prospect in the draft, according to nfldraftscout.com.
On defense, the Tar Heels “seem to be playing better this year than they did a year ago, running around and making plays, so it’ll be a huge challenge for us on Saturday.”
2. Johnson tried to recruit UNC running back Romar Morris, who is averaging 4.6 yards per carry on 25 carries this season. He is “a very fast guy, a speed guy.” He and A.J. Blue “complement each other well. They give them a good dimension, a good change-up.”
3. On quarterback Vad Lee’s four touchdown passes against Duke: “We were just trying to call plays off what the defense was doing. They were rolling down hard, trying to stop the run. We were able to hit some wheel routes.”
4. On the strength of the diamond formation: “It just takes the ball off the line of scrimmage. It doesn’t hit as fast, but you don’t have to get the movement (on the line) and some of the stuff.”
5. Johnson’s concern with an up-tempo team like North Carolina isn’t so much time of possession but converting third downs and stopping the Tar Heels on the same. (which is not entirely a different matter as time of possession)
“It doesn’t matter how fast you go, if you’re not making third downs, you’re not going to be out there,” he said. “Now when they get that thing humming and they’re getting in rhythm and they’re making first downs, they can wear you out. Anybody can when they’re going that fast, just like our offense can wear you out, too, when we’re converting third downs and we’re holding the ball for eight minutes.”
6. Johnson said there is no formula for containing a quarterback like Bryn Renner, just “try to change coverages, try to get pressure at times. Hopefully you can get pressure with a four-man rush, get him in some third and longs.”
7. While he played only the last series of the game, quarterback Justin Thomas is still in the plans. By the way, Johnson said again on his radio show that there are no plans for Thomas to play any other position.
“I’ve said all along, it’s by situation,” Johnson said. “It’s by situation. Justin continues to work hard and I have no problem putting him in the game if it warrants. I didn’t see a reason last week to put him in the game.”
8. Defensive tackle Shawn Green is cleared to play this week. He has been recovering from a shoulder injury. His playing time will be left up to defensive line coach Mike Pelton.
“If they’re making first downs and holding onto the ball and running a ton of plays, the more guys you’ve got, the better,” Johnson said.
9. Johnson mentioned Saturday being surprised that Tech had only punted once in the first half. I asked him what he normally looks at during halftime when given the stat sheet.
“Most of the time you kind of have a feel for where it’s at,” he said. “Third downs, maybe time of possession. You look at some of that, but I don’t get too hung up on stats. The one that matters is the score.”
10. Johnson on wide receiver Darren Waller: “I think I’ve said for a year the guy’s got a lot of ability, but ability’s just that – ability. You’ve got to see it. Show me, don’t tell me. So I think the ability’s there. When the light comes on, he can be the next really good receiver from here, if it comes on. He’s got the physical tools.”

[h=1]Maryland football has confidence in backup cornerbacks[/h]By Alex Prewitt, Published: September 17 at 2:23 pmE-mail the writer

<!-- .entry-meta --> <!-- .entry-header --> <!-- END UTILITY BAR --> <!-- UTILITY BAR --> 2

Comments

<iframe name="f3c9d3883c810a2" title="Like this content on Facebook." class="fb_ltr" id="f263ec63431ae6" src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?api_key=249579685103650&channel_url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter.php%3Fversion%3D27%23cb%3Df2e30364349e37%26domain%3Dwww.washingtonpost.com%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.washingtonpost.com%252Ff330dcacf96c0fe%26relation%3Dparent.parent&colorscheme=light&extended_social_context=false&href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fblogs%2Fterrapins-insider%2Fwp%2F2013%2F09%2F17%2Fmaryland-football-has-confidence-in-backup-cornerbacks%2F&layout=button_count&locale=en_US&node_type=link&sdk=joey&send=false&show_faces=false&width=90" frameBorder="0" scrolling="no" style="border: currentColor; width: 0px; height: 0px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

<iframe title="Twitter Tweet Button" class="twitter-share-button twitter-count-horizontal" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.1379006964.html#_=1379539785670&count=horizontal&id=twitter-widget-1&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fblogs%2Fterrapins-insider%2Fwp%2F2013%2F09%2F17%2Fmaryland-football-has-confidence-in-backup-cornerbacks%2F&related=anywhereTheJavascriptAPI&size=m&text=Maryland%20football%20has%20confidence%20in%20backup%20cornerbacks&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fblogs%2Fterrapins-insider%2Fwp%2F2013%2F09%2F17%2Fmaryland-football-has-confidence-in-backup-cornerbacks%2F" frameBorder="0" scrolling="no" style="width: 107px; height: 20px;" allowTransparency="true" data-twttr-rendered="true"></iframe>

More
<iframe name="I1_1379539784810" width="100%" tabIndex="0" title="+1" id="I1_1379539784810" src="https://apis.google.com/_/+1/fastbutton?bsv=o&usegapi=1&annotation=none&size=small&hl=en-US&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fblogs%2Fterrapins-insider%2Fwp%2F2013%2F09%2F17%2Fmaryland-football-has-confidence-in-backup-cornerbacks%2F&gsrc=3p&ic=1&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fscs%2Fapps-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fk%3Doz.gapi.en_US.VUngljND9II.O%2Fm%3D__features__%2Fam%3DAQ%2Frt%3Dj%2Fd%3D1%2Frs%3DAItRSTOQ24EYekGChHwK0fj3o1FZHHkWdA#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_close%2C_open%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled%2Cdrefresh%2Cerefresh&id=I1_1379539784810&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com&pfname=&rpctoken=4036232" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" style="margin: 0px; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 24px; height: 15px; visibility: visible; position: static;" data-gapiattached="true"></iframe>

terpslogo9-150x150.jpg
As the Maryland football team suffered an unfathomable number of injuries last season, a familiar phrase was often repeated around Gossett Team House, a three-word cliche invoked to reassure everyone – coaches, players, reporters, fans – that everything would be fine:
“Next man up.”
Four quarterbacks were the next men up after C.J .Brown, the starter at the outset of training camp, suffered his preseason ACL tear. This season, it’s the cornerbacks’ turn.
“I’ve got tremendous confidence in whoever we put into the ballgame,” Coach Randy Edsall said Tuesday, because what other choice is there? With West Virginia looming on Saturday, the Terrapins (3-0) have little time to dwell on their two starting cornerbacks being relegated to the sideline. After Jeremiah Johnson suffered fractured toe and Dexter McDougle went down with a season-ending shoulder injury, Maryland will start a senior junior college transfer and a true freshman against the Mountaineers and their spread offense.
“That’s something we try to stress to all our players,” Edsall said. “It doesn’t matter where you start on the depth chart. You better be practicing, you better be mentally sharp in the meetings. There could come a time when you get out there, when you least expect it, and you have to get the job done. I’ve got tremendous confidence in either one of them if they had to play.”
<iframe name="ad_iframe_inline_bb" width="300" height="250" id="ad_iframe_inline_bb" src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/N701/adi/wpni.sports/blog/terrapins-insider;sz=300x250;pos=inline_bb;poe=no;ad=inline_bb;del=iframe;domain=www.washingtonpost.com;pageId=8230;front=n;u=o*285540218514B538,60000174E0619A0D,,,article,abc;de=null;author=alex_prewitt;page=blog;wpnode=sports/blog/terrapins-insider;khost=www.washingtonpost.com;kuid=nn6n2v7nk;rs=d72016;rs=d72015;rs=d72014;rs=d72013;rs=d72008;rs=d70693;rs=d70669;rs=d70629;rs=d70620;rs=d70513;rs=d70252;rs=d70251;rs=d70138;rs=d70115;rs=d70107;rs=d70094;rs=d70087;rs=d70082;rs=d70012;rs=j10376;rs=j10500;rs=j10498;rs=j10488;rs=d70623;rs=d70105;rs=d70070;rs=j10604;rs=d70028;rs=d72080;rs=d70027;tile=4;ord=761172181443958300?" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

The drop-off from McDougle and Johnson, two veteran leaders expected to anchor the boundary this season, to replacements Isaac Goins and Will Likely shouldn’t be nearly as steep as the difference between Brown and his backups. Both Goins and Likely started against Old Dominion on Sept. 7, when Goins recorded his first career interception and Likely led the team in tackles.
The issues might come in nickel and dime packages, when Maryland must reach into its vault and manufacture some production from unfamiliar faces. Jarrett Ross, a true freshman, and sophomore Alvin Hill are listed as the team’s No. 3 and 4 cornerbacks. Both appeared in Saturday’s 32-21 win over Connecticut. Hill was beaten on a 75-yard touchdown pass and the ensuing two-point conversion.by the Huskies late in the game.
“In regards to Alvin and Jared, they know exactly what the expectations are going to be for them, what they’re going to have to do in order to prepare themselves to possibly play this weekend,” Edsall said.
Defensive coordinator Brian Stewart, who also serves as Maryland’s defensive backs coach, should have Ross and Hill ready. Still, not having McDougle – whose two interceptions put the Terps over the hump in East Hartford, Conn. – will hurt. Edsall said McDougle underwent “extensive” shoulder surgery on Monday and left open the possibility of more surgery soon. He declined to detail the injury’s specific nature and hadn’t consulted with doctors yet, but said McDougle “will be fine.”
Edsall also declined to directly answer whether Maryland would consider moving safety A.J. Hendy to the outside, but left open the possibility for such a move.
“We have some thoughts in mind,” he said. “We’ll go through practice this week looking at some of the different things we’ll look at, and seeing where we are at the end of the week. You always have the what-ifs because of injuries and everything else. We have plans. I’m not going to reveal those plans. But we’ll take a look at some different combinations, take a look at some different things we feel gives us he best opportunity to be able to win. I’ve got a tremendous amount of confidence in will and Isaac and Jarrett and Alvin. Hopefully we won’t have any more injuries at that position.”

GL Tim

Still looking, as usual. Not the best CFB Sat card imo....game wise and wagering....blah games

Tech still seems underrated. I think they're the third-best in the conference.

Congrats on the Terps' early success. C.J. Brown is a hell of a player.

Really hope Clemson and Maryland can play once in a while after the conference change.

Thanks ETG hope you have a good weekend and keep up the fine work. Any thoughts on tonight's game?

I'm on Clem-7 (1st half).

I just don't believe NCST has the horses to compete here. I also want to point out how this game sets up for Clemson. Remember, in 2011 - NCST smacked Clemson's ass in this same stadium so Clemson opens the year with a big win over UGA, they get to bask in their glory for a week and play a glorified scrimmage vs. SCST. Then the team gets a week off and this is where the coaching staff is able to get the focus back to the task at hand - a road game @ NCST on Thursday night. Surely, they've been reminded how important this game is for 1) their goals of getting to the ACC-CG, 2) how dangerous of a game it could be if they are not focused (see 2011).

I'm expecting Clemson to come out the games very quickly here and I don't see how NCST keeps pace.

I'm on Clem-7 (1st half).

I just don't believe NCST has the horses to compete here. I also want to point out how this game sets up for Clemson. Remember, in 2011 - NCST smacked Clemson's ass in this same stadium so Clemson opens the year with a big win over UGA, they get to bask in their glory for a week and play a glorified scrimmage vs. SCST. Then the team gets a week off and this is where the coaching staff is able to get the focus back to the task at hand - a road game @ NCST on Thursday night. Surely, they've been reminded how important this game is for 1) their goals of getting to the ACC-CG, 2) how dangerous of a game it could be if they are not focused (see 2011).

I'm expecting Clemson to come out the games very quickly here and I don't see how NCST keeps pace.
Thanks for your thoughts, makes sense and I agree that it would be doubtful they would overlook NCST after 2011. GL tonight ETG.

Thanks DaRaiders, GL to us.

3 Team Tease Fla -5.5, Fla under 56, Ball St. Pick 1.2/1

Back