CFB Week 4

Timh

CTG Psychiatrist - Dr. Tim
Finally getting a chance to post a couple of plays for this week. Will update record when I get time.

Florida Atlantic -6 -110 2.2/2 - I like what I have seen out of FAU so far this year and think they have benefitted from playing a tougher non-conf. schedule and overall really think Schnellenberger has them on the right track. They should have a good chance to win the Sun Belt. NTexas has new systems on both offense and defense and haven't shown they can run the ball at all. I like FAU's balance on offense and think they will be tough for NT ot defend.

Toledo +4 -110 2.2/2 and ML +160 1/1.6 - Nice spot for the Rockets catching Iowa State off a big rivalry win vs. Iowa. Iowa State hasn't been able to generate much offense so far, particularly in the passing game. Toledo defense has been overwhelmed facing some good offensive teams so far and need to start making some plays. I think coming home is going to give them a boost vs. an opponent that is more down to their level. Look for Toledo to make some plays in the passing game.

Ill/Indiana over 60.5 -110 1.1/1 - Illinois has done a nice job on the ground so far and figure to be able to run effectively against Indiana, though the quick Indiana defense has done a nice job so far and is opportunistic on creating turnovers. Indiana offense should be able to produce through the air but will need to do a good job in pass protection against an Illini defense that has been good getting pressure so far. I think we see a lot of scoring in this one in a high paced affair.

TTech -6 -110 2.2/2 - Leach offense hasn't missed a beat this year and continue to pile up the ponts and yardage. OKST. coming off an absolutely terrible performance vs. Troy and would like to try and establish the running game to keep TTech off the field. The problem is that they won't be able to do that when the fall behind early. Look for a quick start out of TT which will change the gameplan of OKST and make them throw more than they want to.

Ball State +23.5 -110 1.1/1 - Nebraska has been run on by both WF and USC and haven't generated a lot of pass rush so far. This could enable BST. to have some success through the air today and put some points on the board. I think Nebraska should come out and try to run the ball and take advantage of their size up front and establish a physical presence which will result in longer time consuming drives. Like playing the dog here with these points and feel that they can score some points and hang in this game.

Still working the rest of the card. GL today <!--emo&:cheers-->
cheers.gif

Hey Red, hope you have a good day. I am staying away from the Terps today and just praying for a win. WF gets Skinner back which really should help them be able to throw a little bit, as the other QB can't throw at all. WF did a great job at MD last year. Their OL was outstanding and they really fooled us with their misdirection and influence plays. Their OL did a great job of sealing off the ends and they were able to get outside and run effectively. MD is better vs. the run this year. I know they gave up over 300 to WVU on the ground, but they actually did a good job until giving up a couple big plays in the 2h to WVU's second RB. They actually really held White and Slaton down to reasonable ydg. The problem with MD is that Ralph doesn't have a lot of confidence in Steffy and hasn't really let him throw downfield very much. This hurts MD because they have a lot of speed and talent at the WR position. Heyward Bey is one of the better receivers in the conference, but isn't being utilized effectively right now because of Fridge's hesitance to let Steffy throw downfield. I'm thinking that has to change for MD to improve. Terp running game has been pretty good so far with Lattimore really looking good and Ball contributing. MD has a very capable corps of receivers including TE Haynos and need to get their passing game going. This game figures to be close today and MD must be able to stop the WF rushing game if they want to win.

Good luck, Tim. I'm on FAU with you and might join you with TTech.

I also like the Ball State play but probably will not be on it.

GL Tim
Fla Atl will be on my (unposted) card
just waiting for my offer at Matchbook to be accepted.
I have passed on your others.

SS, RJ and Bull - Thanks and hope you guys all have a solid day!

RJ - I first thought over in that Ball St. game but after looking harder decided I liked the side.

What's up Timbo!! Hey bro, I'm with you on Florida today. That's an early game that I'll watch. I know, I know Fla. has had little success at Mississippi schools over the last few trips but it doesn't matter. Ole Miss didn't show me anything against Memphis, in a game the Tigers really dominated yardage wise. Gators should pile up some big points. Maybe it looks easy, well it is.

You're also right about FAU. Sun Belt games have historically been hazardous but the Owls are pretty solid. The offensive-minded Dodge is still trying to get things worked out at NTexas but they are a year or so away.

Aztec thanks and GL.

Razor - Thanks for stopping by, always great to hear from you my friend and hope all is well. Glad you agree on FAU, you always have been the man in the Sunbelt. Just have to worry about Stevie Wonder running that jigsaw.....lol

LMAO Tim. Yeah, the Sun Belt has picked up a little respect early on this season with Troy, FAU and Arkansas State playing well. The Indians have their work cut out for them today at Tennessee, although there is a lot of confidence among the team and fans. Probably the worst thing that could happen for them in that matchup was the ass-whooping the Vols took last week, all the talk of Fulmer getting fired and the team kind of in dissention over the accusations they gave up.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">looks good tim, gl today
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

LMAO Tim. Yeah, the Sun Belt has picked up a little respect early on this season with Troy, FAU and Arkansas State playing well. The Indians have their work cut out for them today at Tennessee, although there is a lot of confidence among the team and fans. Probably the worst thing that could happen for them in that matchup was the ass-whooping the Vols took last week, all the talk of Fulmer getting fired and the team kind of in dissention over the accusations they gave up.

Razor - agree that doesn't bode well for Arky State this week. Lot of fan pressure on the Vols to come out and put up a good performance. There should be no look ahead factor as they are headed into a bye next week. I'm kind of thinking Tenny plays with a vengeance today. Of course it could be risky with team dissension you mention. They really did get shredded by that Florida offense last week. Urban Meyer is some kind of coach isn't he?

Thanks Grind - Hope you have a big day. :cheers:

Back