CFB Week 2

Timh

CTG Psychiatrist - Dr. Tim
Seems like the toughest thing sometimes is transitioning to a new sport when the one you've been capping is still going on. I'm still spending a lot of time on baseball (because I'm stubborn) and there just isn't enough time to go around, but I'm working at it. So I am sitting here watching the LAD on Friday night drinking Absolut/Citron and tonic trying to keep working on CFB.

Record through Week 1

Sides 4-2 +0.7
Teasers 1-3 -3.4
1h 0-1 -1.1
2h 1-1 -1.2
ML 1-0 +1.0
Parlays 2-0 +3.18

Total 9-7 -0.82

Plays for Week 2

Texas Tech -10 1.1/1 - Read up on this game early in the week and just don't think Nevada can muster enough pass rush here to thwart TT at all. TT is just so loaded offensively that they should be able to put up 50 plus here without any problem. TT had 16 penalties last week and stopped themselves to a certain extent, providing fuel for Leach this week in practice. Expect the Red Raiders to jump out early here and put a whipping on Nevada. (W)

CM/Georgia over 56.5 1.1/1 (W)- CM has a lot of offensive talent returning and should be able to help the cause here as Georgia has a conference game on deck with SC and will likely rest some of their D starters in the 2H. CM really challenged on defense and Georgia should roll up close to 50 here before they call off the Dawgs.

Back with more tomorrow, tired out and the potato juice is starting to kick in. :cheers:

Boston College -6.5 1.1/1 (L)- BC is very good on both lines and returns a solid defense overall that will be helped by getting Toal back. Jag is enthusiastic about Crane's potential at QB and likes his athleticism. BC needs to get their running game going and looked pretty good last week vs. Kent. I see GT as being more run oriented in Johnson's system and not sure how effective that will be trying to come from behind. Like BC at home, as a better balanced football team overall.

Auburn -19 1.1/1 (L)- So. Miss gave up a ton on the ground last week vs. ULL and I would expect Auburn to be able to run at will.

Wyoming -3 1.1/1 (L)- AF rebuilding this year on the offensive side of the ball and have no experience at the QB position and will be limited in what they can accomplish in the passing game. Wyoming let me down last week, but did a good job stopping the run which should be one of their strengths this season. This spread seems reasonable for Wyoming and I think they bring back a much more experienced and balanced team with advantage on both LOS.

Penn State -15 1.1/1 (W)- Tough spot for OSU having to travel across country after playing last week. OSU appears to have a lot of work to do in replacing some of their front 7 on D as Stanford ran very effectively on them last week. PSU should be able to take advantage up front also, and I expect them to be dominant on the ground. I'm not a big fan of either of OSU's qb's though Moevao did have a little success throwing last week. I think PSU rolls in this one.

2 Team Teaser WF -1, Wake over 38.5 1.1/1 (W)

NW -5.5 1.1/1(L)
SF -13 1.1/1 (L)
MD/MTSU 2H under 23.5 1.1/1 (W)
<!-- / message --><!-- / message --><!-- / message --><!-- / message --><!-- / message --><!-- / message -->

Last edited:
Good luck this week Tim.

BTW your a legend, I was talking to a buddy that I work with today, he mentioned he used to be a degenerate. He mentioned he used to read "blankets" all the time back in the day, well I asked him what posters he used to look at and the 1st name that came up was College King Rex, and the 2nd one was "some guy named TimH"

I told him you were still around

Ok Counselor that's certainly a reasonable request. Terps imo are very fortunate the way things have worked out now that Turner is back in the starting role. All due respect to Jordan Steffy, he's a fine young man that has persevered through more than most people ever would imagine to play college football but the fact is MD will be a lot better with Turner who can throw down field a lot better and is much more suited for an offense that effectively use the speed and vertical stretching ability of Darrius Heyward Bey who is one of the best WR's in the ACC. This really helps us have a chance to play Cal next week and I'm happy the way it worked out. A few comments overall about the team. We are very deep on the OL. Last year's injuries are paying the dividends now in terms of more experience out of neccessity and we are 8 or 9 deep on the OL. RB D. Scott really brings a new dimension not seen last year with L. Ball and K. Lattimore in that he has tremendous speed and is a threat to break off a 20 yard plus run at anytime. He looked great against Del. last week and nearly had 200 yards. The rest of the WR corps is solid with Danny Oquendo, I. Williams and RF freshman Ronnie Tyler. Terps have a lot of talent on offense but key in mind is to have a QB that can throw it down field. Steffy doesn't fit this dimension (too short and not enough arm strength). See WVU game last year at home when they were really able to flatten us out and all Steffy could do was dump off in the flat. Defensive strength is the LB's corps. MD a little short right now on the DL and have basically changed over to a 3-4 defense this year. Need to get Travis Ivey back healthy there for a solid DT in the middle. Secondary is coming along and will improve as the season goes on. MD has a favorable schedule this year in a weak ACC and could make some noise.

Good luck this week Tim.

BTW your a legend, I was talking to a buddy that I work with today, he mentioned he used to be a degenerate. He mentioned he used to read "blankets" all the time back in the day, well I asked him what posters he used to look at and the 1st name that came up was College King Rex, and the 2nd one was "some guy named TimH"

Marlo that's a howl...shows you how fucking old I am now. At least Rex can still dunk, so he says....lol:shake:

Ok Counselor that's certainly a reasonable request. Terps imo are very fortunate the way things have worked out now that Turner is back in the starting role. All due respect to Jordan Steffy, he's a fine young man that has persevered through more than most people ever would imagine to play college football but the fact is MD will be a lot better with Turner who can throw down field a lot better and is much more suited for an offense that effectively use the speed and vertical stretching ability of Darrius Heyward Bey who is one of the best WR's in the ACC. This really helps us have a chance to play Cal next week and I'm happy the way it worked out. A few comments overall about the team. We are very deep on the OL. Last year's injuries are paying the dividends now in terms of more experience out of neccessity and we are 8 or 9 deep on the OL. RB D. Scott really brings a new dimension not seen last year with L. Ball and K. Lattimore in that he has tremendous speed and is a threat to break off a 20 yard plus run at anytime. He looked great against Del. last week and nearly had 200 yards. The rest of the WR corps is solid with Danny Oquendo, I. Williams and RF freshman Ronnie Tyler. Terps have a lot of talent on offense but key in mind is to have a QB that can throw it down field. Steffy doesn't fit this dimension (too short and not enough arm strength). See WVU game last year at home when they were really able to flatten us out and all Steffy could do was dump off in the flat. Defensive strength is the LB's corps. MD a little short right now on the DL and have basically changed over to a 3-4 defense this year. Need to get Travis Ivey back healthy there for a solid DT in the middle. Secondary is coming along and will improve as the season goes on. MD has a favorable schedule this year in a weak ACC and could make some noise.

Very nice.

:shake:

How about tomorrow?

Good luck this week Tim.

He never looked for me? Bastard. Most under rated poster in covers history

GL Tim :cheers:

I would never lay the points with MD on the road. James Franklin is calling the plays this year but in the past Ralph always tried to vanilla it the first couple of weeks to try and not show much for the ACC season. This will be Turner's first start and I think he might be a little behind in the reps so I'm not sure how much MD will work out their downfield passing game tomorrow. They will probably be content to let Scott handle most of the offense and give him a lot of carries. Incidentally the No. 2 back right now is Davin Meggett son of Dave (NYG fame) and he is a pretty nice player. The play here imo may well be the under 43.

I would never lay the points with MD on the road. James Franklin is calling the plays this year but in the past Ralph always tried to vanilla it the first couple of weeks to try and not show much for the ACC season. This will be Turner's first start and I think he might be a little behind in the reps so I'm not sure how much MD will work out their downfield passing game tomorrow. They will probably be content to let Scott handle most of the offense and give him a lot of carries. Incidentally the No. 2 back right now is Davin Meggett son of Dave (NYG fame) and he is a pretty nice player. The play here imo may well be the under 43.

:shake:

Shoot....

BOL, Timh...the man, the myth, the legend....

Thanks fellas, GL today.

Boston College -6.5 1.1/1 - BC is very good on both lines and returns a solid defense overall that will be helped by getting Toal back. Jag is enthusiastic about Crane's potential at QB and likes his athleticism. BC needs to get their running game going and looked pretty good last week vs. Kent. I see GT as being more run oriented in Johnson's system and not sure how effective that will be trying to come from behind. Like BC at home, as a better balanced football team overall.

Good Luck Tim. Guess I am old as well cause I have been reading your college threads for awhile as well since somewhere around 2002 /2003 . Seems like alot longer then that though. I have not posted at Blankets in years probably about 3 now . At least I can say I made the HOF back in 02 or 2003(lol) when it was a great forum.

Oh my point was yeah the transitioning part is hard so hard for me . My brain hates change so it takes awhile to get locked in on new sports and really cant research them either . Always playing catch up and just sort of keep it simple in foots for the 1st few weeks. Trying so hard to get into the NFL but cant evcen do that until the games start tmrw..

Really like BC as well here as a few lines just dont appear right to me and I see both have people pile on the dog in the name of value ...Which to me is always a great time to lay the chalk ( UConn being the other ).

BOL today and this weekend...:cheers:

Auburn -19 1.1/1 - So. Miss gave up a ton on the ground last week vs. ULL and I would expect Auburn to be able to run at will.

Wyoming -3 1.1/1 - AF rebuilding this year on the offensive side of the ball and have no experience at the QB position and will be limited in what they can accomplish in the passing game. Wyoming let me down last week, but did a good job stopping the run which should be one of their strengths this season. This spread seems reasonable for Wyoming and I think they bring back a much more experienced and balanced team with advantage on both LOS.

Penn State -15 1.1/1 - Tough spot for OSU having to travel across country after playing last week. OSU appears to have a lot of work to do in replacing some of their front 7 on D as Stanford ran very effectively on them last week. PSU should be able to take advantage up front also, and I expect them to be dominant on the ground. I'm not a big fan of either of OSU's qb's though Moevao did have a little success throwing last week. I think PSU rolls in this one.

GL buddy.

Yep, I can still dunk; especially now that my ankle is finally healthy and I've lost about 10 pounds in the last six weeks.

GL today my friend... Wyoming certainly looking interesting after Ohio's performance today...

"Yep, I can still dunk; especially now that my ankle is finally healthy and I've lost about 10 pounds in the last six weeks." - Lol Rex, I'm sure you can brother, you're still a youngster. Hope you have a good day today.

Back