317/318 Syracuse/MD under 58 1*
319/320 WVU/Missouri under 62.5 1*
333 Texas A&M +18 1*
345/346 UTSA/Baylor over 56.5 1*
351/352 ULM/FSU over 62.5 1*
357 BYU +3 1*
371/372 Tulane/Auburn under 51.5 1*

Last edited:
Talk to me about the Mizzou/WV U62.5? Think WV gets whooped? Close game?
I think WVU is going to struggle offensively, their running game has some promise but replacing a lot of WR and not sure about QB play though Kendall was ok vs. JMU. I do like Koennig as DC of WVU and think he will do well with his aggressive style. Mo come off terrible loss to Wyo where they outgained them by almost 200 YD only to self destruct with TO. I just see this game not playing at higher pace like it would have with Holgorsen. Brown knows his offense is limited, and will want to play it more reasonable pace and count more on his defense with young offense trying to find itself.

You are the "axe" on Maryland. Curious as to your thoughts since there has been a big move in favor of the Terps from +3 to -2, particularly with your "love" of Tommy Devito. :)

You are the "axe" on Maryland. Curious as to your thoughts since there has been a big move in favor of the Terps from +3 to -2, particularly with your "love" of Tommy Devito. :)
Lol Vegas, I can honestly say I watched about two plays of MD because I was more interested in the other games going on but do have a few comments. A lot has been said about Locksley's failures in his previous head coaching job at New Mexico etc, but I think he was a good hire for MD because he is so well connected to the area and will do a good job in recruiting. Locksley is a pretty good offensive coach, and I think obviously working with Saban taught him a lot and hopefully the positive experience there will transcend into building MD program back up. Josh Jackson gives MD an upgrade at QB from last year when MD played Pigrome and Hill. At one time I thought Hill was going to be pretty decent, but the injuries caught up to him and he clearly wasn't comfortable last year in Canada's run based offense. Pigrome has improved a lot, and is a very good runner but isn't the guy to give them much in the aerial game. I do like him as a change of pace guy though for a couple series here and there. Terps return a solid core of RB including McFarland, Harrison, Fleet-Davis, Funk and Leake all guys that can contribute. On the OL they did lose both starting tackles from last year so they are replacing a lot of experience there and Howard in week 1 didn't really provide any benchmark or insight on how the OL is coming along. I did read earlier that they were converting some DL over to offense to provide some depth, not necessarily a good sign imo. MD bad luck continued with Jeshaun Jones WR injury out for the season. He was a terrific contributor as a freshman and had a huge game vs. Texas in last yr opener. I will come back with more on the defense.

Couple more thoughts on MD - Locksley brought in Scottie Montgomery (ECU and Duke Asst.) as offensive coordinator, Joker Phillips (Ky) as WR Coach and Asst. OC, John Papuchis (NC) Special Teams and LB, and Jon Hoke DC and Safeties (most recently TB Bucs but lots of experience in both college and pro) . All these guys have vast experience and it seems as if Locksley has surrounded himself with a very experienced coaching staff.

Defensively MD added a couple of important LB transfers Shaq Smith (Clem) who is playing the JACK and Keandre Jones (Ohio St.) who is playing SAM and both should provide immediate help and are a good fit for the 3-4 alignment. Oluwatimi and Howard are both seniors at NT, DT and Lawtez Rogers is the DE. The secondary returns SR Tino Eliis at CB and added transfer RSSR Transfer Marcus Lewis at the other corner. Antoine Brooks SR returns at FS (Second Tm All Big 10) and Soph Jordan Mosley is at SS. Joseph Petrino is the PK (12/14 FG in 2018) and Colton Spangler FR is the new punter.

I thought Matt Canada did a very admirable job, amidst all the distractions and tragic death of Jordan McNair last year. He is very innovative in the running game, with creative use of jet sweeps and misdirection plays. However, Kasim Hill really regressed as a QB and MD really struggled with any consistency in the passing game last year. Hill unfortunately was hurt again, and evidently unhappy at MD as he entered the transfer portal and will play at Tenn. Tyrell Pigrome really improved and brings a change of pace to the offense with his running ability from the qb position. I expect that he will see some playing oppty this year, and certainly can provide a different look and tempo.

The jury is still out on this team, and a lot of the pundits think they will be hard pressed to win 4 games. I think they will definitely improve in the passing game with Jackson, and as mentioned the depth and talent at RB is very good. The OL is a big ? especially LT and LG where two freshman Duncan and Christie are starting. I think this could be problematic when they play the better BIG teams (Mich, MSU, OSU) but fortunately those are at the end of the schedule so the young players hopefully will have gained some valuable experience. Syr, Temple, Rutg, Indiana are probably all winnable games for them and the rest of the schedule is more difficult. I'm not sure what to expect of the defense overall as they add (3) transfer starters. I think 5-7 would probably be a pretty successful year in Locksley's first at MD. They definitely need to add more quality players on the LOS on both sides of the ball and develop some tangible depth there.

I watched Cuse/Liberty and came away unimpressed with Devito at QB for the Orange. Syr defense played pretty solid but then again Liberty really didn't provide much of a challenge. I'm not really sure what to expect this week in the game, but I would probably have to say Syr Def is probably the best unit that will be on the field.

really like Purdue this week still undecided on the BYU
I lean to the Over in that one.
Like BYU QB and Vols should be able to score some pts
I was waiting to try and get 7 there and came in from golf course and checked and saw the 7-15 and decided to jump in. I may go for more. I'm also thinking about under in MD game. GL Colt.

Best wishes as usual, dr. tim. . Taking note that you really like the Boilermakers.

Hate being on opposite sides of the total in the Terps game. Always love hearing your insight. Good luck with the rest of the card Tim.

Hate being on opposite sides of the total in the Terps game. Always love hearing your insight. Good luck with the rest of the card Tim.
Nice call, never lost a bet that I enjoyed more than today!

Maryland over looks a good bet going forward Tim. Love to hear your thoughts about next week versus Temple when we get there.

Back