Timh

CTG Psychiatrist - Dr. Tim
YTD Record
Sides 7-4, +3.64u
Totals 1-2, -1.2u
2H Totals 1-0, +1.0u
ML 0-1, -0.5u
Total 9-7, +2.94u

Decent Week 1 to start out, and still playing catch up on preparation and trying to get to know all these teams. I did manage to watch a lot of games though and that really helps. GL to everyone on the season and this week.

BG/MD over 68 1*
Ohio State -40 1*
Louisville -12.5 1*
Oklahoma -1 1*
Georgia -20 -115 1*
Memphis/Kansas over 61.5 1*
App. St./Clem over 58 1*

Last edited:
I missed the opener on the BG/MD total but still like it at 68. I was impressed that BG put up 557 yds on Tenn last week and obviously Babers isn't shy about putting the ball in the air as Johnson threw 49 times and there were a shit ton of plays run overall (172) in the game. I was not impressed by Hills for MD last week and figure if they had more productive QB play they could have scored close to 70 in that game. Hills has a weak arm and his reads were not too impressive, missing way too many easy plays that should have gone for big yardage. Terps did run the football better albeit Richmond defense which is not good. MD OL looks to be improved this year and BG was gashed pretty well on the ground by Tenn so figure the Terps to continue to have success in running game this week. Figure to see a lot of plays run again in this game and as I mentioned last week MD rebuilding DL run stoppers and LB corps this year so I think they will be vulnerable on defense.

I watched a lot of that BG/Tenn game, and BG never slows down...and the good thing is there defense is horrendous.

Lean Oklahoma strong. You and I seeing things similarly this week. GL

Curious to hear your thoughts on Oklahoma at your leisure. Is this a play ON them, or AGAINST UT?
Rex I would say it is some of both. I am convinced that Oklahoma has the better defense overall, particularly pass defense as their secondary has a big advantage over Tennessee's who gave up 433 through the air to BG last week. Credit Babers for really putting a nice offense together and Johnson and the receivers are doing a good job but I would have expected a better performance from Tenn pass defense and more pressure. I think Mayfield and the OK receivers Shepard/Westbrook et al can continue to expose that Tenn secondary. Also, Perine didn't have to do much against Akron only 11/33 and I would expect Oklahoma to get a little more serious about running the football this week. Tenn has improved a lot overall, especially their line play but they still haven't shown well against really good teams and seemingly don't have the experience at this point. I do think though that they will continue to improve markedly during the year.

I would only have Tennessee but can't get over the fact that the line was 20 last year and now it's 1. Take out home fields, and you're still basically saying Tennessee is double-digits closer to OU than last year, and that's probably not the case.

I would only have Tennessee but can't get over the fact that the line was 20 last year and now it's 1. Take out home fields, and you're still basically saying Tennessee is double-digits closer to OU than last year, and that's probably not the case.
So the line value is with Oklahoma which is what I think, but you are saying you would only have Tenn? Is that because you just don't want to go against them at home?

i made Tennessee the favorite myself, and from looking at the early charting, it seems the suckers are gonna be on OU and the sharpies for the most part will have UT.

Rex you've got me confused lol...on the one hand you are saying you don't think Tenn is double digits closer to OU and then on the other you are saying you made Tenn the favorite? Where am i misinterpreting?

I also like Oklahoma. Just think OU is more balanced on both sides of the ball. Vols with a secondary weakness and I think it will be tough to just run the ball at OU all game and not sure the passing game is quite there yet. Stoops also gets very up for SEC matchups. He is probably the most vocal anti-SEC in America. I am pretty high on Akron this year and admit I could be way off about that given their performance in Norman but for now, I find that win far more impressive than the BG win for Vols.

Hard to not want to take BG overs every week when the coach is willing to go for fourth and mediums from his own 13 in the second quarter. They were Schizo sometimes last year though.

Though Ville looked really good against Auburn. Is that play thinking Ville scores a bunch or stops Houston from scoring?

Timh whats your thoughts on Louisville/Houston over 54?

Bobby Petrino speaks for himself, guy puts up lot of points. He had 24 against Muschamp which included a red zone unforced turnover and 2 missed field goals. Tom Herman is Houston’s new coach, was the OC/QB coach under Urban Meyer and can put up points too. They have a slippery dual threat qb that looks like he’ll have no problem running Urban Meyers offense. I'm thinking of laying heavy....

I also like Oklahoma. Just think OU is more balanced on both sides of the ball. Vols with a secondary weakness and I think it will be tough to just run the ball at OU all game and not sure the passing game is quite there yet. Stoops also gets very up for SEC matchups. He is probably the most vocal anti-SEC in America. I am pretty high on Akron this year and admit I could be way off about that given their performance in Norman but for now, I find that win far more impressive than the BG win for Vols.

Hard to not want to take BG overs every week when the coach is willing to go for fourth and mediums from his own 13 in the second quarter. They were Schizo sometimes last year though.

Though Ville looked really good against Auburn. Is that play thinking Ville scores a bunch or stops Houston from scoring?
Kyle - I am thinking Louisville can potentially hold them to under 20 in this game. I thought they did a very credible job stopping the run vs. Auburn and their DL looked good to me. I can see Houston looking at a lot of adverse down and distance situations in this game as I am not sure they will be able get their running game going. Also, maybe Hou receivers down a little bit from last year.

Timh whats your thoughts on Louisville/Houston over 54?

Bobby Petrino speaks for himself, guy puts up lot of points. He had 24 against Muschamp which included a red zone unforced turnover and 2 missed field goals. Tom Herman is Houston’s new coach, was the OC/QB coach under Urban Meyer and can put up points too. They have a slippery dual threat qb that looks like he’ll have no problem running Urban Meyers offense. I'm thinking of laying heavy....
This was one I wanted to look at and see the number has stayed about where it opened. I'm not sure about Lou qb situation though which gives me a little hesitancy, and as mentioned above I think Lou defense can hold Hou down. You may well be right though, GL.

Rex you've got me confused lol...on the one hand you are saying you don't think Tenn is double digits closer to OU and then on the other you are saying you made Tenn the favorite? Where am i misinterpreting?

Sorry for not being more clear.

I had the game cheaper last year than what it closed. Take home field advantage into account and I've got Tenny about 8.5 points better than I did last year in relationship to this matchup, which means I make Tennessee 1 (home field worth 4.5 in this spot, student ticket demand at an all-time high for this game etc... last year HFA in Norman was 4, so that's 8.5 of HFA and 8.5 = 17 pts. I made Okie -16 last year). Hope that clarifies things at least a little?

Louisville's quarterback of the future is the quarterback of the present. No. 8 will take all the snaps from now on in meaningful situations as long as he's healthy. You guys will be shocked at how good U of L's defense really is as the season goes along. I thought Auburn outperformed my expectations of them on offense (yes, even with the picks) and will probably run over, around and through all but about four or maybe five teams on their schedule. Houston is going to really have trouble moving the ball at the pizza palace I think.

Sorry for not being more clear.

I had the game cheaper last year than what it closed. Take home field advantage into account and I've got Tenny about 8.5 points better than I did last year in relationship to this matchup, which means I make Tennessee 1 (home field worth 4.5 in this spot, student ticket demand at an all-time high for this game etc... last year HFA in Norman was 4, so that's 8.5 of HFA and 8.5 = 17 pts. I made Okie -16 last year). Hope that clarifies things at least a little?
Got it thanks for the explanation. Quite the HFA for Tenn and that is a concern but I still think their secondary can be had.

Louisville's quarterback of the future is the quarterback of the present. No. 8 will take all the snaps from now on in meaningful situations as long as he's healthy. You guys will be shocked at how good U of L's defense really is as the season goes along. I thought Auburn outperformed my expectations of them on offense (yes, even with the picks) and will probably run over, around and through all but about four or maybe five teams on their schedule. Houston is going to really have trouble moving the ball at the pizza palace I think.
I agree on Lou D think they have a lot of upside.

It could win boss, but I sure don't like this play. Opened 54.5 there. The whole world is on your side. Maybe the line really was that bad.

Yeah, painfully aware....but convinced myself that KU can contribute enough to the cause here offensively....

YTD Record
Sides 7-4, +3.64u
Totals 1-2, -1.2u
2H Totals 1-0, +1.0u
ML 0-1, -0.5u
Total 9-7, +2.94u

BG/MD over 68 1*
Ohio State -40 1*
Louisville -12.5 1*
Oklahoma -1 1*
Georgia -20 -115 1*
Memphis/Kansas over 61.5 1*