Sides 58-48, +14.95
Totals 13-7, +1.95
Teasers 8-7, +2.6
1h 8-6, +2.3
2h 10-11, -4.4
ML 5-3, +2.55
Parlays 2-1, +2.18

Total 104-83, +22.13

9-6 this week and only picked up just shy of a unit due to losing a couple larger plays on Temp/Akron over (still haven't figured that one out) and App. State. Very disappointed with MD football and basketball after this weekend.

Oklahoma -15.5 2.2/2
Rutgers -11.5 1.1/1
Rutgers 1h -7 -105 1.05/1
Ball State TT over 37.5 -115 1.15/1
Alabama +10 1.1/1
App State -5 1.1/1
Villanova +9 1.1/1

Last edited:
Thanks Hunt and Kyle appreciate it, and sorry to see the season winding down especially after the last two days I have had in CBB lol...

Kyle - I really don't think either of these teams is very good. MD had every oppty. to win on Saturday but gave up a TD on a fake fg play and got picked for a score. Terps also played without D Heyward Bey which never got publicized at all and caught me completley off guard as I try to read every source I can but they really kept a lid on it. BC does a great job on D overall and are very difficult to run against. VT just doesn't get any consistent play out of their QB's and Tyrod has almost been a negative for them with the turnovers lately. Davis isn't very good for BC and I don't see them generating anything in the passing game with him playing. He is very inaccurate from what I saw on Saturday vs. MD. This game will come down to TO's and special teams. Two good coaches going, but I just don't know. I would say your best bet is just fire against who ever wins in the Orange Bowl. I can't imagine the ass whipping that would be against the loser of the SEC Championship game as a potential match up.

Thanks Hunt and Kyle appreciate it, and sorry to see the season winding down especially after the last two days I have had in CBB lol...

Kyle - I really don't think either of these teams is very good. MD had every oppty. to win on Saturday but gave up a TD on a fake fg play and got picked for a score. Terps also played without D Heyward Bey which never got publicized at all and caught me completley off guard as I try to read every source I can but they really kept a lid on it. BC does a great job on D overall and are very difficult to run against. VT just doesn't get any consistent play out of their QB's and Tyrod has almost been a negative for them with the turnovers lately. Davis isn't very good for BC and I don't see them generating anything in the passing game with him playing. He is very inaccurate from what I saw on Saturday vs. MD. This game will come down to TO's and special teams. Two good coaches going, but I just don't know. I would say your best bet is just fire against who ever wins in the Orange Bowl. I can't imagine the ass whipping that would be against the loser of the SEC Championship game as a potential match up.

sounds like under should be considered ?

Yes but no bargain at 39.5. I could see either team winning this game 20-17. The ACC gives me the biggest headache this year. After all the smoke has cleared I think GT is probably the best team of all, but then their pass D got torched on Sat. vs. Ga. Just impossible to figure out. I know one thing and that is I am really tired of watching my squad, its been a painful year of ups and downs. I am so frustrated with their OL that I can't stand it. This MD team had so many opptys. and just fucked it all up.

Yes but no bargain at 39.5. I could see either team winning this game 20-17. The ACC gives me the biggest headache this year. After all the smoke has cleared I think GT is probably the best team of all, but then their pass D got torched on Sat. vs. Ga. Just impossible to figure out. I know one thing and that is I am really tired of watching my squad, its been a painful year of ups and downs. I am so frustrated with their OL that I can't stand it. This MD team had so many opptys. and just fucked it all up.

i loved your team this year :)

i had them vs cal
i had them vs wake
i had them vs unc

I really don't think either of these teams is very good.

I agree. There are 4 or 5 teams in the conference that are better than both of these teams at this point.

I took the under 39.5, but I will definitely be hedging it with a defensive/ST touchdown prop. They had three in the earlier 28-23 game.

I agree. There are 4 or 5 teams in the conference that are better than both of these teams at this point.

Outside of NC State and Georgia Tech, who are they?

This should be a close game decided by breaks. BC getting terrific play out of all 3 linebackers, lost the title game to VT a year ago, and want this one real bad. I'm not saying they will be successful- that will depend on mistakes. And maybe the kicking game. BC's kicker seems to have gotten himself stgraightened out. I saw Keys ? (VT) miss a very makeable one this past Saturday. Or was it twohe missed? I was watching so many games, I don't quite recall.

GL Tim.
That OU bet looks good to me.:cheers:

Good stuff all.

With the ACC game for me looking into VaTech . The reason is basically what Tim said about Davis and the BC offense but factor in no running game. Two very good defenses and pts should be at a premium but field positon could be comprised with these defenses setting up easy scores .

With such weak play from the QB's was thinking about maybe 1st H under rather the game . Would guess both teams play conservative early and try to avoid making mistakes . Alot of running the ball and keep the chains moving type football and let the defenses lead the way . FG kicking is not automatic as mentioned either plus the whole neutral but effectively road enviroment .

Asking a freshman to win an ACC Champ game is just a tall order IMO in start #3 . Just think @ WF is such a prime example of what the offense could look like and the turnovers...VT had a bunch of red zone opps vs UV think 4 and came away with 3 TOTAL points I believe so they are making progress .

Last year BC had the crazy win @ VT and the Hokies had the nice revenge angle in the ACC Champ after Ryan pulled a crazy win out . Now VT lost @ BC early on so does that again help out VaTech ? Tough for basically equal teams to have one side win both games ...

lean : Vatech and 1st H Under :shake:

Outside of NC State and Georgia Tech, who are they?

This should be a close game decided by breaks. BC getting terrific play out of all 3 linebackers, lost the title game to VT a year ago, and want this one real bad. I'm not saying they will be successful- that will depend on mistakes. And maybe the kicking game. BC's kicker seems to have gotten himself stgraightened out. I saw Keys ? (VT) miss a very makeable one this past Saturday. Or was it twohe missed? I was watching so many games, I don't quite recall.

GL Tim.
That OU bet looks good to me.:cheers:

Keys only missed that short field goal you remembered. He is still among the leaders in field goals made this season. He usually does not miss those. I listened to the BC game while driving back from Thanksgiving and heard the announcers say that the BC field goal kicker's longest field goal this year was 35 yards. That will tie their hands if they are between the VT 20-40 yard line on 4th down. I don't remember BC in that position in the first meeting. I also remember one of the BC d-lineman (Brace) getting hurt in the Maryland game. I need to check on that, but it could make running the ball a little easier. I believe the young VT receivers are much better now than they were when the two teams met at the beginning of the season and the passing game will be better this time around. If the coaching staff would just stick with Tyrod at QB the BC defense will be playing on its heels a bit more. With Glennon at QB the offense is more predictable and the defense can just blitz. Glennon does not know how to throw the ball away.

i loved your team this year :)

i had them vs cal
i had them vs wake
i had them vs unc

That is amazing that you managed to get them in their 3 best games of the year. They have been so difficult to figure out this year, and most of it is motivation.

Terps Likely Headed to Humanitarian Bowl

<!-- begin category/blogger sigs --><!-- end category/blogger sigs -->Maryland will likely land in the Humanitarian Bowl in Boise, Idaho, where the Terrapins would probably play Nevada. But Maryland officials are still clinging to hope of playing in Charlotte, perhaps against West Virginia. They say it would take a Boston College victory over Virginia Tech in the ACC title game on Saturday, followed by a series of events. I lay that out in my story. Rick Chryst, commissioner of the MAC, told me this afternoon that Ball State-Boise State would not happen after both the MAC and Ball State "exhausted all possibilities" to see if the game could be played. Officials at the Humanitarian Bowl then met for about two hours. Maryland officials on Tuesday made a last-ditch effort to see if they could work around exams and play in the EagleBank Bowl against Navy. But far too many players had exams that conflicted with the game, which made playing in it impossible. Nevada (7-5 overall, 5-3 WAC) was second in the nation in rushing yardage this season, averaging 291.42 yards per game on the ground. The Wolf Pack was also fourth in the country at stopping the run, allowing just 74.5 rushing yards per game. Nevada closed the season by winning three of its final four games, its only loss in that span coming at home to Boise State, 41-34.

timh,

I can't imagine Maryland will be very motivated to play in that bowl game...your thoughts?

Rutgers -11.5 1.1/1
Rutgers 1h -7 -105 1.05/1

Rutgers has all the momentum going into this one with their second half of the season resurgance. Louisville secondary in tatters and Cards keep killing themselves with penalties and turnovers.

timh,

I can't imagine Maryland will be very motivated to play in that bowl game...your thoughts?
Pags I definitely think its a disappointment after losing their L2 regular season games where they had their destiny in their own hands. I'll try and see what I can gauge about motivation and attitude once we get into the bowl season. This team has lacked leadership from within the team itself so I am ? about where the motivation will come from and of course they have been so up and down. Kyle seems to have them pegged though.

Nice going with Rutgers, Tim.
I had them also, and can't recall ever having an easier win.

As for the TErps, I don't like to upstage Kyle but I had Maryland against Clemson (win), Wake( win), No Carolina (win), and FSU (loser)
I faded them 3 times and won all 3 - Virginia,VPI, and N C State.

Good luck this week.

Sports Network

By John Hooper, FCS Correspondent
DATE & TIME: Saturday, December 6th, 12 p.m. (et).
FACTS & STATS: Site: Kidd Brewer Stadium (20,150) -- Boone, North Carolina. Surface: FieldTurf. Television: ESPN Game Plan. Announcers: Mike Gleason, John Congemi. Home Record: Richmond 5-1; Appalachian State 7-0. Away Record: Richmond 5-2; Appalachian State 4-2. Series Record: Appalachian State (4-2). Last meeting: December 7, 2007 (Appalachian State, 55-35 - FCS Playoffs). Series Streak: Appalachian State has won the last three meetings. Conference: Richmond - Colonial Athletic Association; Appalachian State - Southern. Sports Network Ranking: Richmond (7); Appalachian State (2). Nicknames: Richmond Spiders; Appalachian State Mountaineers. Playoff Record: Richmond (6-6); Appalachian State (21-12). Coaches: Richmond - Mike London (10-3); Appalachian State - Jerry Moore (205-120-2, overall; 178-72 at Appalachian State).
GAME NOTES: In two of the past three seasons, Richmond's season has met its end at the hands of a team from the Southern Conference. The Spiders will look to avoid that trend when they meet three-time defending national champion Appalachian State for the second-straight postseason, only this time's battle occurs in the quarterfinals.
Appalachian State toppled Richmond 55-35 in last year's semifinals, turning in a spectacular offensive show.
Aside from the fact Richmond and Appalachian State are meeting less than a year later, there is much more shared between the two teams entering the 2008 encounter than the obvious. The Spiders and the Mountaineers represent two of just five teams that have made quarterfinal appearances the past four seasons.
The two also share a pair of common opponents, Elon and James Madison, both going 1-1 on the season in their respective meetings with the two schools. ASU lost 35-32 to JMU in September, but beat Elon 24-16 In November. Richmond dropped a heartbreaking 38-31 decision to James Madison in the middle of the year, but defeated Elon 28-10 in the season-opener.
ASU and Richmond have met six times since the 1974 season, with the Mountaineers holding a 4-2 lead in the all-time series edge. Appalachian State holds a 3-0 advantage in the FCS postseason and hasn't suffered defeat at the hands of the Spiders since the 1978 season.
The Mountaineers have also won 41 of the past 42 games since 2003 at Kidd Brewer Stadium and have captured an FCS record 13 consecutive postseason wins.
Like the 2007 encounter between the two squads, Richmond brings an offense that favors the run (185 yards per game), but sports more balance than some of the previous Dave Clawson-led Richmond clubs. The Spiders, who were led by one of the nation's leading rushers Tim Hightower last year (1,924 yards), are now paced by another of the nation's best runners, Josh Vaughan (1,503 yards, 16 TDs).
Last season, Appalachian was able to hold Hightower 44 yards under his 141- yards-per-game average entering the semifinal contest. It was quarterback Eric Ward (2,311 yards, 14 TDs, seven interceptions) and wide receiver Kevin Grayson (51 catches, 14.3 yards per catch, 729 yards, two TDs) that provided the biggest challenge to the ASU defense. Grayson put together the best receiving performance of his 2007 CAA Freshman of the Year campaign, hauling in seven Ward passes for a then career-high 122 yards and two TDs in Richmond's semifinal loss to the Mountaineers.
Meanwhile, Ward recorded his one of his best career performances, passing for 208 yards, two TDs and an interception, while also rushing for 79 yards and a TD in the loss to Appalachian. Ward was named national player of the week after leading the Spiders to a 28-10 season-opening win at common opponent and 15th- ranked Elon. Ward connected on 17-of-22 throws for 236 yards and two TDs to lead the Spiders to the road win.
While Grayson has acted as more of a possession receiver this fall, Tre Gray (45 receptions, 13.1 yards per catch, 602 yards, four TDs) has been a solid compliment, both as a possession-type receiver and a deep threat in the Richmond passing game.
Defensively, the Spiders bring the nation's fifth-ranked defense (251 yards per game) into Kidd Brewer Stadium. The Richmond defense, which returned eight starters from the 2007 unit, has held six-straight opponents to less than 100 yards rushing. Appalachian hasn't been limited to 100 yards on the ground, since LSU allowed the Mountaineers to just 52 yards in the season opener.
Powering the Richmond defense in 2008 has been an outstanding defensive line, anchored by two of the nation's top defensive ends, Sherman Logan (12 tackles for loss, six sacks) and Lawrence Sidbury Jr. (16 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks).Both were forced to miss last season's semifinal encounter with the Mountaineers due to injuries.
Richmond also boasts one of the CAA's and nation's premier group of linebackers, led by Colin McConaghy (54 tackles) and Eric McBride (85 tackles, six tackles for loss, two sacks). McConaghy missed the past two games with an elbow injury, but is expected to return the lineup against ASU.
As strong as Richmond's front seven has been this season, its secondary has helped the defense put together a record-setting season, recording a school- record 23 interceptions. Eight different Spiders have interceptions, led by cornerback Justin Rodgers (41 tackles, six interceptions) and safety Derek Hatcher (64 tackles, five tackles for loss, four interceptions).
Like his counterpart Ward, Edwards (2,579 yards, 29 TDs, four interceptions, 938 rushing yards, 10 TDs) is coming off a career-best passing performance, setting a school record by throwing for 433 yards, four TDs and two interceptions in the 37-21 win over South Carolina State. It was Edwards who set an all divisions record for rushing yards for a quarterback in last season's win over Richmond, running for 313 yards and four TDs. He accounted for seven TDs in the semifinal meeting, including completing 14-of-16 passes for 182 yards and three TDs, to finish the night with 495 yards of total offense. Edwards was named one of the three finalists for the Walter Payton Award this week and is the nation's leader in passing efficiency.
While Edwards is still the team's leading rusher, the Mountaineers biggest offensive question entering the 2008 campaign was how to replace the school's all-time leading rusher, Kevin Richardson. ASU, which saw starter Devon Moore go down with a season-ending injury against James Madison, has been relied on the legs of both Robert Welton (536 yards, 11 TDs) and Devon Radford (509 yards, four TDs) for a majority of the season.
The top options in the passing game for ASU continue to be receivers CoCo Hillary (46 catches, 13.9 average, five TDs) and Brian Quick (17 receptions, 23.6 average, seven TDs), while Ben Jorden (24 grabs, 17.2 yards per catch, 413 yards, five TDs) has emerged as one of the nation's top tight ends in the nation as a redshirt freshman. The trio combined with Edwards to account for all four passing scores in last week's first-round win.
The cornerstone of success for Appalachian State's defense in 2008 has been a veteran corps of linebackers, with Southern Conference defensive player of the year Jacque Roman (113 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss, four fumble recoveries, two sacks, two interceptions), Pierre Banks (79 tackles, four tackles for loss, two sacks, 11 pass break-ups) and D.J. Smith (109 tackles, six tackles for loss) leading the way.
The Mountaineer secondary has been able to reload with the nation's leader in interceptions, Mark LeGree (10 interceptions) at safety. Cortez Gilbert (66 tackles, 16 pass break-ups, two interceptions) will likely draw the assignment of covering Grayson, and has been one of the country's elite cover-corners in 2008.
A year ago ASU burned Richmond with its superior speed and while the Spiders are better defensively, they still trail the Mountaineers in terms of talent and would need a near-perfect game to derail the three-time champs.
Sports Network Predicted Outcome: Appalachian State 38, Richmond 24. 12/04 18:21:34 ET

Good luck , Tim
With you on bama nad Vill.
Appy a no play for me today.
I guess I was disapointed in their failure to cover last week.

Back