Sides 53-45, +13.35
Totals 12-6, +3.15
Teasers 7-7, +1.1
1h 8-6, +2.3
2h 9-9, -2.2
ML 4-3, +1.5
Parlays 2-1, +2.18

Total 95-77, +21.38

A disappointing week for me, only picking up 1 unit after the dust cleared. I started out well but fizzled on Saturday. Feel like I spread myself too thin trying to handicap both the foots and the baskets and I feel kind of burned out. Looking forward to an easy week of work and a little relaxation. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and hope you get time to relax and enjoy time with family and friends during the holiday. After all, that's what's really important in life! :cheers:

Texas -33.5 2.2/2 - I figure Texas needs an impressive win here to try and enhance their position in the BCS and don't see them stop trying to score as I expect them to pile it up on Aggy. I'm speculating this line goes over 35 so I wanted to get down early.

Ole Miss -18 1.1/1
Akron/Temple over 57.5 2.2/2
LSU -6 1.1/1
Buffalo -9 1.1/1
LSU/Arky 2h over 27 -105 2.1/2
Boise -21 1.1/1
NCST ML +105 1/1.05
Georgia Tech +7.5 1.1/1
Tease GT +13.5, VT -1.5 1.65/1.5
App. State -20 2.2/2
Miami/NCST over 49 1.1/1
App State 2h -10 -105 1.05/1
SC/Clem over 20.5 2h 1.1/1
Alabama -14 1.1/1
Texas Tech -22 1.1/1
Florida -7 2h -105 1.05/1
<!-- / message --><!-- / message --><!-- / message --><!-- / message --><!-- / message -->

Last edited:
I didn't have time last week to really address the MD/FSU game like I wanted too and of course I am bitterly disappointed and embarassed about the way my squad played on Saturday night. Their pathetic performance in a big game with so much at stake, is absolutely inexcusable in my view. This team appears to lack leadership within the team itself and are just an enigma to me as I know they can play much better than they showed on Sat. night. I thought it was going to be a very difficult matchup for MD because I thought FSU was better defensively and I was particularly concerned about their size advantage with their WR's against our secondary. The ironic thing is that the yardage difference in the game wasn't of great disparity between the two teams but obviously the TO's by MD were too much to overcome. My biggest gripe is the play of MD's OL who were completely handled by a much quicker and stronger FSU DL. This MD OL has a lot of size and experience but just could not handle the speed of FSU on the edge and quite frankly they just got clobbered! I do not see MD showing up this week in Chestnut Hill and think that BC will present them with some of the same problems on the LOS on both sides of the ball. If Crane wasn't out I would have probably fired BC already at less than a TD. I just don't see MD showing up and playing a good game in this spot, and certainly BC has all the motivation and the Terps will probably end up eating Emerald nuts out in SF or head to Boise or some similar outpost.

Friedgen's Sunday Chat

<!-- begin category/blogger sigs --><!-- end category/blogger sigs -->Just finished with Ralph Friedgen’s weekly teleconference. He said he has been in the office since 8 a.m., got finished watching his tape at 2 and then evaluated special teams until 3:30 or so.
Last night was a particularly tough defeat and next week will be a stiff challenge, even though Boston College will be without quarterback Chris Crane, who has a broken collarbone. Maryland has won only one road game this season (against a Clemson team not as strong as its preseason hype suggested) and Boston College is one win away from winning the division title.
“They have one of the better defenses in the country,” Friedgen said. “It will take every bit of our character to come back.”
During these Sunday briefings, Friedgen usually characterizes injuries in general terms, such as “We’re okay” or “We’re hurting.” While they are general terms, they can be telling. And he said today, “We’re beat up. I will know more Tuesday.” Defensive lineman Dion Armstrong will be reexamined tomorrow and has an undisclosed or unknown injury at this time. I doubt we'll know much more about any other potential injuries until 3:30 on Saturday, especially with this being a short week with Thanksgiving.
Friedgen insisted “there is still a lot to play for. Win Saturday we tie for division champion. I think that has an impact on what bowl you go to.” That may be true, but after watching this team all season, I just wonder this: If Friedgen felt there was a lack of effort in a game with so much on the line, how do you think Maryland will fare in a game with a lot less on the line?
Regarding the offensive struggles, Friedgen said it was a “team effort, not one position exempt.” He said running back Da’Rel Scott got stripped on his first fumble and was hit very hard on his second fumble. “But you still got to hold onto the football,” he said. “He held onto the ball last week pretty good. I didn’t think he played as well as he is capable of playing, let’s put it like that.”
Regarding the defense, Friedgen said he thought the unit played a little harder than the offense, but there "wasn't the concentration or focus there needed to be." He talked about a lot of mental mistakes and unforced errors and poor communication.
"It's communication," Friedgen said. "Sometimes we have at least half the coverage doing one thing and the other half doing the other. We've been trying to fix that. It's still not where it needs to be."
This is always an interesting issue with this team. It was an issue in the Virginia Tech game at the end of the first half, when Friedgen was seen on TV emphatically talking to defensive coordinator Chris Cosh. It was an issue in the Middle Tennessee State game, as well.
Friedgen acknowledged quarterback Chris Turner was pressured constantly by FSU pass rushers, but Friedgen said Turner did not throw the ball as well as he is capable and he “didn’t think he was on his game.”
Friedgen pointed to the fact that his team has bounced back strong after every loss this season. In less than a week, we’ll find out if it can do it again in order to play in Nashville or Orlando or better. If not, it could mean a late-December trip to Charlotte or even Boise.

Good luck this weekend timh, thinking along the same lines as you with texas, okie, and USC.

helluva season youre having. very solid.

Hate to say that I saw that one coming, Timmy. The Terps are just so predictable this year; one good week leads to a huge letdown the next. The thing that sucks for them is that they're running into a buzzsaw in BC this weekend and they will actually wind up with an even record in conference this year. How crazy is that after all of the big wins they have gotten this year?

Hate to say that I saw that one coming, Timmy. The Terps are just so predictable this year; one good week leads to a huge letdown the next. The thing that sucks for them is that they're running into a buzzsaw in BC this weekend and they will actually wind up with an even record in conference this year. How crazy is that after all of the big wins they have gotten this year?
JG the one thing we can count on about MD is their inconsistency. I'm done trying to figure them out but as I said above, I think they lack leadership within the team. It's ridiculous that they didn't play with more heart and a sense of urgency against FSU with all they had at stake. I was ready to bet BC at the open but with Crane out and Davis in, I'm thinking about under.

thanks for the post on dobbs. hell of an athlete and seems like a great kid. dobbs and shun white are a very gifted pair and should put up some numbers. are you looking at navy as a play tonight?

the freshman QB for BC didnt impress me at all when he took over for Crane....If Maryland shows up, that alone gives them a chance...

timh, i see where there's a possibility where the Terps could play San Jose St in the Emerald Bowl. I'll be going to this game. SJST is so bad offensively and not too bad on D., however the D has o lot of wear and tear. Your description of Marylands lack of leadership sounds much like SJST. I hope this matchup doesnt happen but I think the Terps role here. Ur thoughts?

thanks for the post on dobbs. hell of an athlete and seems like a great kid. dobbs and shun white are a very gifted pair and should put up some numbers. are you looking at navy as a play tonight?
Yes, I was but unfortunately I got caught up in some personal things which took me out of action on Tuesday completely. A guy I work with is a Navy graduate that has been going to most of their home games during the year. His contention has been all along that Dobbs is the best QB they have on the team. The only drawback on him according to my co-worker is that he is a little shaky on the pitch on the option. He throws the ball much better than Kaipo or the other QB whose name is escaping me right now.

the freshman QB for BC didnt impress me at all when he took over for Crane....If Maryland shows up, that alone gives them a chance...
I need to check on Davis's performances when he played earlier in the year. I do think that BC will probably be more conservative on offense and focus more on the running game with him in, to try and eliminate the TO's. See 41.5 at 5 Dimes and was hoping for a higher number here with thoughts on playing the under.

timh, i see where there's a possibility where the Terps could play San Jose St in the Emerald Bowl. I'll be going to this game. SJST is so bad offensively and not too bad on D., however the D has o lot of wear and tear. Your description of Marylands lack of leadership sounds much like SJST. I hope this matchup doesnt happen but I think the Terps role here. Ur thoughts?
Wise I don't know that much about SJST but did watch them against Boise earlier in the year. I'll have to look into it further if the game becomes a reality.

A Doomsday Scenario

<!-- begin category/blogger sigs --><!-- end category/blogger sigs -->Consider this a doomsday scenario for Maryland:
Say North Carolina (plays Duke), Miami (plays NC State) and Clemson (plays South Carolina) all win Saturday. And say Maryland loses, and Virginia Tech beats Boston College in the ACC title game. Here is one way things could unfold:
Orange: Virginia Tech
Peach: Florida State
Gator: Georgia Tech
Orlando: Clemson
Nashville: Boston College (not allowed to slip any further)
Charlotte: North Carolina
San Francisco: Miami
Boise: Maryland

Friedgen: 'We Have to See if We Show Up'

<!-- begin category/blogger sigs --><!-- end category/blogger sigs -->Here is a quick update from both coaches from the ACC teleconference:
Boston College Coach Jeff Jagodzinski said his offense won’t change with Dominique Davis at quarterback instead of Chris Crane, who is out six weeks with a broken collarbone. Jagodzinski said Davis was shaky at first against Wake Forest but settled down and led the Eagles on a game-winning drive.
“That’s a good sign,” he said. “I think it tells you a little about Dominique.”
He said Davis is more mobile than Crane but lacks experience.
Maryland Coach Ralph Friedgen still seemed down about the Florida State loss. He said the Terrapins need to improve in every facet this week.
“We have to see if we show up,” Friedgen said. “We didn’t show up last week.”
Asked about how to figure his team out, Friedgen said: “If I knew that, I wouldn’t be feeling the way I do. I have been thinking about what I could have done better.”

Thanks lj, hope yours was good and GL on the weekend.

Ole Miss -18 1.1/1 - Fucked around and didn't play this earlier in the week. I just can't see Miss State being able to score much in this one. Ole Miss defensive front has been great all year stopping the run and even better in the L3 games or so. Miss State is very challenged trying to produce anything in the passing game. I do respect their secondary though but think Miss will be able to rack up enough here to get the cover.

Akron/Temple over 57.5 2.2/2 - DiMichelle has been playing well since coming back from injury and gets a crack at the sieve like defense of Akron today. I think he will have a big game and see a wide open shoot out in this game. Temple has averaged 10.6 ypa over their L3 in the passing game and I expect that productivity to continue today. The Temple defense has also been bludgeoned recently giving up over 500 ypg in their L3. Akron has been involved in 6 straight overs that were all shoot out type games. I think there is some nice value in this total today.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#99cccc><TD width="22%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Nov 28 4:15pm[/FONT]</TD><TD align=left width="32%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Football - Pending[/FONT]</TD><TD width="30%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]210.00 to win 200.00[/FONT]</TD><TD align=right width="15%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial] [/FONT]</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#99cccc><TD width="100%" colSpan=4>[FONT=Verdana, Arial] 1. Football - LSU/Arkansas - total Over 27 (-105)
for the 2nd half held on Nov 28 at 2:30pm [pending]
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

gl tomorrow, Tim.
I see BC losing to Maryland, giving the path to the playoff to FSU.
Not something that I like one bit, but I can smell it coming.
BC was in a similar situation a few years back, one win from a BCS Bowl< and lost badly to a so-so Syracuse team.

Bull - I've been meaning to check on Davis's performances earlier when Crane was injured. Is he the reason you are not optimistic about BC? I think BC is better on the LOS on both sides of the ball and probably would have played them on the open if not for Crane's injury. Now I am conflicted, which of course MD does to you anyway, not knowing what MD team will show up. I'd love to hear your reasoning.

Georgia Tech +7.5 1.1/1 - Georgia had two weeks to prepare for the triple option but I think they will have problems matching up on the LOS on both sides of the ball. GT should get the running game going today and be able to control the clock and keep Stafford and company off the field. I think GT has a great shot at winning this one outright.

tim- Yes , QB has a lot to do with it, and BC has a habit of screwing up when they need it most. Tough call, because I know Maryland has problems as well.
GL

Back