Dog: ULM +37'
Over: UNC/Clemson over 59
Under: Michigan/Maryland under 50
TT Over: Kansas State 34'
TT Under: Illinois 14' (-120)

10-13-1 -4.45u season to date

Last edited:
playing Michigan/Maryland under 50

See this as something like 30-13. UM in a huge sandwich spot between Penn State and OSU games, and probably shows up more on offense/pace than defense. UM plays a slow pace normally (just under 62 plays run/game from their offense while opposition averages just 55; and Terps aren't fast - 68 for/67 opp for them) and I think they may leave the bus running in College Park (is JH allowed on the bus?). Also considered Terps TT under 14'.

other early leans
K State -9'
Oregon State -2'
Auburn -24' (waiting for -24)
Iowa State +7'
Florida/Mizzou over 57 (actually was going to book that at higher number but it dropped this afternoon and want to look into why)
Washington/Oregon State over 62'
UNC/Clemson over 58'
Georgia TT over 34' (-115)
K State TT over (all I currently have available is 31' -160, no thanks)
Clemson TT over 33' (-120)

Last edited:
Reasoning:
Oregon State: UW has been playing with fire for a month and Oregon State is a beast in Corvallis. UW likely will struggle to stop the Beavs on the ground and on 3rd down, and Jonathan Smith likely will lean on the ground game to keep the dynamic Penix & Co offense off the field. Forecast calls for little wind but a good chance of rain, which should only help Oregon State gameplan.

UNC/Clemson over: UNC's defense is bad, allowing Miami, UVA, GT and Duke each to hang 31+ in the past 5 weeks (they did hold Campbell to 7 during that stretch, ha), and Clemson's offense has looked much better the past 2 weeks vs ND and GT (the first of which seems like an important data point). UNC's offense is elite, and while Clemson's defense is solid, this is the most consistent and dynamic offense they've faced to date (no offense, FSU). Both teams play at a pretty fast pace (UNC 76 plays for/72 against; CU 75/62). 37-28, Clemson.

K State TT: Kleiman has owned KU since taking over in Manhattan (4-0 SU/ATS), hanging 47, 35, 55 and 38 in those meetings. KU's is outside of the top 80 in opp YPP, YPC, YPA and 3rd down %, while K State is outstanding 3rd downs (11th) and YPC (20th), good on YPP (38th) and average in YPA. KU QB Bean isn't close to 100% (head and ankle) and I suspect he won't start - and if he does, an ankle injury will keep him from being the dual threat danger that can threaten KSU's defense. In any event, I'd prefer not to lay 9' on the road in a rivalry game with KU's uncertain QB status when there's a perfectly reasonable TT option like this. I think K State hangs 40.

adding ULM +37'

Huge sandwich spot for Ole Miss, maybe worse than Michigan's - off UGA thumping them and spoiling their biggest hopes for the year and before Thursday's Egg Bowl. Kiffin will rest guys, give players lower on the depth chart a chance to play, and just try to get this one over with and on to the rivalry game. 37-0 is a winner, and I'd expect ULM to to chip in 7+.

adding

Illinois TT under 14' (-120)

Iowa hasn't allowed more than 14 since September, and has only allowed that twice (vs MSU, @ Penn State) this season. Iowa is ugly but they have a formula for success and they follow it very predictably.

Back