USM/UTEP under 57 -108 1*
AF -2.5 1.5*
Georgia Southern 1H -13.5 -115 1*
Boston College +3.5 1*
Wisconsin -13 1*
South Carolina -6 1*
Parlay AF ML, SC ML, Georgia -6, UTEP/USM under 59.5 .5/2.35

Last edited:
Nice line on UGA. Big game for the Terps this weekend, 1-35-1 all time vs. Penn State. I think they get the win.

Tim, is this a game that James Franklin had circled on his calendar before the season began, with his history at Maryland after Fridge was fired and Edsall was hired? I believed Edsall then blocked Danny O'Brien from transferring to Vandy. Do you think Franklin will go all out and have his team pumped up for personal reasons? I know Maryland would like for Penn St to be their rival in the Big10. Will they be pumped? Thoughts?

I don't know, but before the season I circled the Wisconsin game as a lookahead spot where I would likely play against the Terps. What do you think, Tim?

Tim, is this a game that James Franklin had circled on his calendar before the season began, with his history at Maryland after Fridge was fired and Edsall was hired? I believed Edsall then blocked Danny O'Brien from transferring to Vandy. Do you think Franklin will go all out and have his team pumped up for personal reasons? I know Maryland would like for Penn St to be their rival in the Big10. Will they be pumped? Thoughts?
I think you are right, it has to be personal for James Franklin who was the "Coach in waiting" for MD and then decided to leave for the Vandy job when it appeared MD would waver on their commitment long term to him. When Franklin left, Friedgen really became a lame duck who was viewed as someone who couldn't recruit and was past peak etc. and the new AD Kevin Anderson basically forced Friedgen out and truthfully didn't treat him with the dignity he deserved for all of his contributions to the University. I do think it was time for Friedgen to leave for the overall betterment of the program, but I did not like how he was treated.

I don't know, but before the season I circled the Wisconsin game as a lookahead spot where I would likely play against the Terps. What do you think, Tim?
I think you were right on M.W. Wisconsin was a particularly bad matchup for MD and exposed their weakness on both LOS against a superior opponent. MD OL has been their Achilles heel all year and they just have not been able to get a consistent running game going against anyone and especially the teams with really good defensive front 7's (OSU and Wisconsin). I have wanted Wes Brown to get more carries all year, but Edsall has stuck with Ross for most of the year. In fairness to Ross, there hasn't been a lot of room to run but Wes Brown just has better speed and better feet and to me is clearly a better option. Edsall though has a habit of holding a grudge against players who have disciplinary problems and this seems to be the case with Brown. MD only running game all year has been out of the option sets with C.J. Brown on the keepers. Unfortunately C.J. is just not a good passer overall and continues to not make plays that he should be making. In fairness though, against Wisconsin he was under major duress the entire game as they turned loose the blitz and we couldn't handle it. MD DL is also small to be playing the 3-4 and Wisconsin just gashed us repeatedly and their OL did a good job of getting out and making blocks on the second level as well. It was just a terrible day overall for MD, they were completely inept offensively and defensively. I think they are better than they showed but they have to prove it on the field against a better caliber opponent.

Colorado St./SJST over 54 1.5*
NC/Miami over 70 1*
Western Ky/LATech over 70.5 1*

East Carolina -7 -105 1* - Been debating this one and think it is a bad matchup for Temple overall. Their pass defense has been torched recently and they have also been turning the ball over. Two things that will hurt them against ECU.

good luck this week timh

Did I miss an afa injury?
This is what is on the DB screen that I see right now.

[TABLE="width: 331"]
<colgroup><col width="64" style="width: 48pt;" span="3"> <col width="121" style="width: 91pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4425;"> <col width="64" style="width: 48pt;" span="2"> <tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: xl66, width: 441, bgcolor: #565656, colspan: 6"]Important Injuries[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl67, width: 441, bgcolor: #999999, colspan: 6"]Air Force[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl63, width: 64, bgcolor: #C1C1C1"]Date[/TD]
[TD="class: xl63, width: 64, bgcolor: #C1C1C1"]Pos[/TD]
[TD="class: xl63, width: 64, bgcolor: #C1C1C1"]Player[/TD]
[TD="class: xl63, width: 121, bgcolor: #C1C1C1"]Injury[/TD]
[TD="class: xl63, width: 64, bgcolor: #C1C1C1"]Status[/TD]
[TD="class: xl63, width: 64, bgcolor: #C1C1C1"]Statistics[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]10/26 5:42am[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]DB[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]Dexter Walker[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 121, bgcolor: white"]Undisclosed[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]"?" Saturday vs. Army[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64, bgcolor: white"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]10/26 5:42am[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]S[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]Jamal Byrd[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 121, bgcolor: white"]Concussion[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]"?" Saturday vs. Army[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]10/15 5:07am[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]LB[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]Joey Nichol[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 121, bgcolor: white"]Groin[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]out indefinitely[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]10/01 4:20am[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]OL[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]Allen Caunitz[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 121, bgcolor: white"]Ankle[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]expected to miss 6-8 weeks[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]09/17 2:47am[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]OT[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]Sevrin Remmo[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 121, bgcolor: white"]Foot[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]expected to miss 6 weeks[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl67, width: 441, bgcolor: #999999, colspan: 6"]Army[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl63, width: 64, bgcolor: #C1C1C1"]Date[/TD]
[TD="class: xl63, width: 64, bgcolor: #C1C1C1"]Pos[/TD]
[TD="class: xl63, width: 64, bgcolor: #C1C1C1"]Player[/TD]
[TD="class: xl63, width: 121, bgcolor: #C1C1C1"]Injury[/TD]
[TD="class: xl63, width: 64, bgcolor: #C1C1C1"]Status[/TD]
[TD="class: xl63, width: 64, bgcolor: #C1C1C1"]Statistics[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]10/09 4:57am[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]DB[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]Geoffery Bacon[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 121, bgcolor: white"]Ankle[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]out indefinitely[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]08/15 2:43am[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]OL[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]Justin Gilbert[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 121, bgcolor: white"]Knee[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 64, bgcolor: white"]out for season[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

No. Just found the move on Army odd.
I agree, AF open at 5.5 at BOL and now down to 2.5 just doesn't make any sense. Game is basically for the CIC trophy as AF already beat Navy. Army is so poor on defense (especially pass d, though it doesn't matter as much in this matchup) and AF has already played two option teams Ga Southern and Navy and beaten them.

always enjoy reading your threads, thanks for posting Tim.
Thanks Marlo, GL this week.

Well Kyle got me looking at the AF game so I decided to play it.

AF -2.5 1.5*

BOL Timmy. I'll be on AF as well...Army just never seems to win, or to a lesser extent, contend in these home games where they are a short favorite. 1-15 against the Academies since '06 too. They were only a 1 point dog at Air Forice last year and lost by 14. Just cursed against the other SA teams so definitely makes sense to be on that side.

Great numbers overall. I'm on GA. WMU has definitely been impressive lately, haven't they? Very balanced offense, and Fleck brought in some kids that look like Power 5 kids, especially the RB Franklin. It's still early for him, but he might be viable option for the Illinois/Kansas/Indiana types.

Thanks Brass and Fondy, appreciate it and BOL to you guys.

Notre Dame -14 1.5*
Georgia -10.5 1.5*
W. Mich. -5 1*
USC -7 -105 1*
Colorado St./SJST over 54 1.5*
NC/Miami over 70 1*
Western Ky/LATech over 70.5 1*
East Carolina -7 -105 1*
USM/UTEP under 57 -108 1*
AF -2.5 1.5*

I like this card
GL Tim

Tim, FWIW I like your sides a lot. I'll pass any judgement on ND-Navy, but I am with you 99% on all the others. And you know me by now on totals. " NO COMPRENDO'.

GL :cigarguy:

I think you are right, it has to be personal for James Franklin who was the "Coach in waiting" for MD and then decided to leave for the Vandy job when it appeared MD would waver on their commitment long term to him. When Franklin left, Friedgen really became a lame duck who was viewed as someone who couldn't recruit and was past peak etc. and the new AD Kevin Anderson basically forced Friedgen out and truthfully didn't treat him with the dignity he deserved for all of his contributions to the University. I do think it was time for Friedgen to leave for the overall betterment of the program, but I did not like how he was treated.

I think you were right on M.W. Wisconsin was a particularly bad matchup for MD and exposed their weakness on both LOS against a superior opponent. MD OL has been their Achilles heel all year and they just have not been able to get a consistent running game going against anyone and especially the teams with really good defensive front 7's (OSU and Wisconsin). I have wanted Wes Brown to get more carries all year, but Edsall has stuck with Ross for most of the year. In fairness to Ross, there hasn't been a lot of room to run but Wes Brown just has better speed and better feet and to me is clearly a better option. Edsall though has a habit of holding a grudge against players who have disciplinary problems and this seems to be the case with Brown. MD only running game all year has been out of the option sets with C.J. Brown on the keepers. Unfortunately C.J. is just not a good passer overall and continues to not make plays that he should be making. In fairness though, against Wisconsin he was under major duress the entire game as they turned loose the blitz and we couldn't handle it. MD DL is also small to be playing the 3-4 and Wisconsin just gashed us repeatedly and their OL did a good job of getting out and making blocks on the second level as well. It was just a terrible day overall for MD, they were completely inept offensively and defensively. I think they are better than they showed but they have to prove it on the field against a better caliber opponent.

Just ugh ... I forgot all about the Franklin deal. The more I look at that game, the more it feels like PSU wins by 6-10. I took better team plus pts which is usually a decent angle but if weather arrives and it is a battle of who can run the ball, then I have to think psu wins the game from there. And if it is a close game, I prefer Franklin. Forecast currently calls for rain and winds from 10-20mph. There wont be much throwing, I don't think.

Just ugh ... I forgot all about the Franklin deal. The more I look at that game, the more it feels like PSU wins by 6-10. I took better team plus pts which is usually a decent angle but if weather arrives and it is a battle of who can run the ball, then I have to think psu wins the game from there. And if it is a close game, I prefer Franklin. Forecast currently calls for rain and winds from 10-20mph. There wont be much throwing, I don't think.
I am leaving it alone Kyle. I don't particularly like the matchup of MD OL vs. Penn St. front 7 and then you throw in C.J. Brown's inaccuracy throwing the ball and I just don't know. I think MD has an advantage with the WR's vs. the Penn St. secondary but with the wind and Brown's inaccuracy it makes it tough to count on that. I am just hoping for a win and no turnovers by MD today.

Thanks for your thoughts Tim. I think I will leave this game alone. Before the season, I thought I would be on Penn St. because of Franklin's history at Maryland. After the heartbreaker at OSU last week, I will sit this one out. Maybe a live bet if I can see the state of the Penn St team or if it seems like Franklin is in control and will try to pour it on at the end.

Back