CFB Week 1

Timh

CTG Psychiatrist - Dr. Tim
Late to the party and behind as usual at this time of year. GL to everyone on the season!

NC/SC under 57.5 1* - I think Spurrier plays this one to the strength of his defense and goes with more of a time of possession ball control approach to accentuate SC advantage on the LOS. SC passing game probably not as strong as last year, and I just think they will focus on running the ball more here and try to get Davis a lot of carries and keep Renner off the field. Important here for SC to get out to a lead and then play ball control and put the game in the hands of their defense. Feel like NC will have a difficult time running the ball and if SC can get them in adverse down and distance situations they will really be able to turn their pass rush loose on Renner.

NW -5 2* - upgraded to 2u play.
Ole Miss/Vandy under 53.5 1*
FAU/Miami over 54 1*
BYU -1 2*

Villanova +15.5 1*
So. Ill +16.5 1*

Georgia -2.5 1*
E. Wash. +26.5 1*

GL on the action :cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks Oakas, BOL on the season.

NW -5 1.5*

Will try to provide some thoughts on this one when I have more time.

With ya on both UNDERS tonight Timh. I'm also on the Terps 1st half UNDER. What are your thoughts on that play???

Agree with both of the Thursday night totals tim and I'm also on them both. Best of luck this season Doc, hope you kill it.

Thanks fellas, appreciate it and hope you all have a great season.

FAU/Miami over 54 1*

Thanks Blood, hope you have a great year.

NW -5 2* - I really like the momentum that NW has in their program coming off a nice bowl win and showing steady improvement in their program under Fitzgerald who has done a great job imo. NW returns a host of really nice skill players including Mark who had a great year in 2012. The two qb's can both contribute with Colter being the better runner of the two and offering a little more versatility. They also return 5 of their top 6 WR's. The OL does have to replace 3 starters but NW has a very diverse offense and should be able to move the ball very well this year. On the other side of the ball, Cal has true freshman Goff starting at QB and have a very questionable OL. This could bode trouble for an inexperienced QB and NW will definitely show him a variety of blitz packages to confuse him and keep him off balance. Cal secondary is also very questionable and I think they will have difficulty holding down the NW passing game. Cal always has a lot of speed and Bigelow is supposed to be quite the talent at RB so no doubt Cal is capable of breaking some big plays. NW secondary was a little suspect last year but should be improved. I like the experience NW brings to this game and I think their program has matured to the point where they expect to win. Cal has too many question marks early on.

Some have asked about my thoughts on MD today and quite frankly I just don't know what to expect but am looking forward to watching them today. Terps have question marks on both lines and in particular have to replace integral parts of their defensive front 7 from last year. Edsall has shaken up the OL in the last week or so and moved former backup LT Ryan Doyle to starting RT. The backup RT Dunn is now the starting RG. Anyway lots of changes in the last week of camp and that makes me nervous, but supposedly Edsall is trying to get the best players on the field. Maryland RB Wes Brown is suspended for the season which really hurts because he has the speed to really break some big plays. Terps will go with Brandon Ross and Albert Reid as their primary backs. WR position should be improved this year with Deon Long who is quite a talent joining Diggs. Long has been hampered with back injury and is questionable but still listed on the depth chart as a starter. After last year's injury fiasco at the QB position hopefully MD can stay healthier this year. C.J. Brown returns as the starter and has always been considered a better runner than passer, but was starting to show improvement in the passing gm before getting hurt last year. Hopefully with his experience the position will be stabilized this year. MD prefers the shorter passing game with a lot of crossing routes etc underneath but with the speed of Diggs and Long I would expect them to try and stretch the field more this year. The defensive backfield should be solid this year with a lot of returning experience and the LB corps does return Goree and Forand who are both solid players. I am concerned about lack of experience on the DL and the shuffling of the OL. Look for the team to improve this year.

Thanks fellas, BOL.

Villanova +15.5 1* - screwed myself by not getting this in sooner.

Thanks for the thoughts on our Terps. I have already made a dollar play on the Terps and will leave it at that. I liean Under49.5 ?? thoughts

I will follow u on Nova

GL my friend

Thanks Karl, BOL on the season.

Blood I honestly have my no opinion on the total, just too many unknowns for me until I see them play. I am concerned with both LOS, but they are young and hopefully the first three games will give them time to gel.

Good Win my Friend
I just saw bits and pieces, i look forward to ur thoughts and next wks game :shake:
I was pleasantly surprised, they played a pretty flawless 1h today and C.J. Brown was really sharp. granted though it is only FIU but 16/17 and as well as he ran the offense was impressive.

ML Parlay FSU -10, FSU under 49 1/2.16

Figure FSU to stay with a fairly conservative game plan tonight and not ask too much out of their freshman QB. I think they will be able to run the ball on Pitt and focus on the short safe passing game. Pitt will have trouble running the ball on FSU and I think FSU can get after Savage with their pass rush tonight.

Back