CFB Week 1

Timh

CTG Psychiatrist - Dr. Tim
Wish all you guys the BOL on the season! :shake: Glad to see it almost here, and look forward to discussing the games.

Wyoming -10 2.2/2 - Wyoming appears to have a nice advantage on the LOS on both sides of the ball in this matchup vs. Ohio. Cowboys are looking to run the ball more this year and their new offensive coordinator has really focused on sustaining the rushing attack and improving their TOP to not wear out their defense. Wyoming OL returns some good experience and should be better than last year. Ohio appears to have a pretty weak DL and Wyoming should be able to run effectively. Ohio looking to transition to more of a spread offense this season has question marks in their running game and will be facing a very solid Wyoming defense with a strong DL. I like Wyoming at home in this one to control the LOS on both sides of the ball and out physical this Ohio team.

GL Timmy, on it with ya! Hope all is well, I'll be chatting with ya during the season...BOL with all the plays from here on out, CFB is finally here!!:smiley_acbe:

Rice -3.5 1.1/1 - Very surprised Jones is benching Willis and see problems for SMU now with inexperience at QB and on the OL. Rice has a very solid returning nucleus and history is on their side in this match up.

Nice start. What do you think of Friedgen naming Steffy the starter? I'm skeptical.

Nice start. What do you think of Friedgen naming Steffy the starter? I'm skeptical.
I am totally dismayed by that choice. I don't think Steffy can throw the ball downfield and is too short to be effective. Go back to last year's game against WVU and look at how ineffective he was. WVU put so much pressure on that they really flattened MD out and Steffy could only dump passes off in the flat. The knock on Turner is that he doesn't practice well but he came in and led us to wins at Rutgers and beat BC at home last year. He gives us a much better chance to go vertical in the passing game, and use Heyward-Bey to his full advantage. I'm hoping for a switch back to Turner before ACC play begins.

Congrats on another winner in Rice -- I hope you keep it up, as I'm on Wyoming big myself.

As for Steffy, I feel bad for the kid for getting knocked out by an extremely dirty shot, but when Turner replaced him against Rutgers, it was like night and day. All the other news out of camp seemed positive for the Terps, but this QB decision is puzzling.

Back