CFB Week 1

Timh

CTG Psychiatrist - Dr. Tim
Glad to see the season finally here. As usual, haven't had enough time to work on the capping for football as much as I like but have been trying to catch up. GL to all on the season.

Miami Ohio +6 1.1/1 - Miami had a rough season last year and were devestated with injuries to the OL. They appear to be much healthier this year and Miami ought to be able to run the ball a lot better. Davis is a nice threat for Ball St. in the passing game, but Miami has a good secondary. I think this is going to be a close game and I like the points.

Utah +6.5 1.1/1 - Like the Utes spread offense with a healthy Johnson to cause some problems for OSU secondary tonight. OSU looks to have a fine front seven on defense, and Utah will have to spread them out with some diversity in the passing game. OSU rotating qb's tonight which isn't a positive in my mind. I'll take a shot on the points here.

Saturday's games

Texas -37 -110 2.2/2 - Texas likes to feast on their opening opponents from the Sun Belt as evidenced by their overwhelming wins the last four years. I think they will be ready to hit someone else other than their own teammates and come out and make a statement. Horns just have a huge advantage on the LOS in this one and should dominate on both sides of the ball and have their way all day long.

Texas 1h -22 -110 2.2/2

Miami Fla. -17.5 -110 2.2/2 - I think Miami will be looking to make a statement today that their program is back on the rise again. Marshall's best defensive player will be missing today, and that certainly won't help their cause. Miami should have an overwhelming advantage on the LOS today, and I look for them to really come out and try and establish a physical presence by banging the ball on the ground. The Cane defense should get some takeaways today as well and I just don't see Marshall being able to do very much offensively.

California -6 -110 2.2/2 - Big revenge motivation for Cal from last year's game at Tennessee. I like the matchup with Cal's prolific passing game against the young secondary for Tenn. and also think the Vol linebackers are going to have some problems in pass coverage underneath. Ainge's finger may not be as big a problem as some think, but if it effects him it will probably be on the snaps. Jackson is a threat at anytime to break a return and I think he will make some big plays on special teams. I like Cal at home in what stacks up to be a tough spot for Tenn. on the road to open the season.

VT 1H -16.5 -110 1.1/1
Iowa -12 -110 2.2/2
Nebraska over 49.5 -110 2.2/2
Army/Akron under 43.5 -110 1.1/1
Wake +5.5 -110 1.1/1
FSU -3 -110 2.2/2
SMU/TTech over 60.5 -110 1.1/1
FSU/Clem under 45 -110 2.2/2<!-- THE POST -->
TTech 2h -1.5 -120 1.2/1
<!-- THE POST -->
GL on the action <!--emo&:cheers-->
cheers.gif
<!--endemo-->
<!-- THE POST -->

Last edited:
Added Saturday plays above. Looking for some input on Nebraska today. Does anyone think that total looks low?

Hey Tim - To be honest, I think the NEV/NEB total looks a tad low, but not enough for me to take a stab. If the game were at Reno, I might be singing a different tune. Tough to say how Nevada's offense will fair today.

BOL this season Tim, I like your additions for today. You always seem to have a winning day no matter what the sport is, Keep on rollin

Iowa -12 -110 2.2/2
Nebraska over 49.5 -110 2.2/2

Army/Akron under 43.5 -110 1.1/1 <!-- THE POST -->

FSU -3 -110 2.2/2 - Tough spot for a young QB to make his debut against a defense with so much speed. Figure FSU will make Harper beat them through the air tonight as they will be able to really press the LOS to stop Clemson running game. Also, think the coaching changes at FSU will certainly help out the OL play and the playcalling aspect and FSU will get back to establishing a better running game which will really help their balance overall offensively.

RJ and Hunt, thanks fellas hope you all have a good day today. RJ see you on TT today, looks like that line is going back up towards the opener. Any concerns about TT defense here? I was actually thinking about the over.

SMU/TTech over 60.5 -110 1.1/1 - TTech replacing a lot of their front 7 on defense and figure there will be lot of throwing in this game and figure both teams can score some points.

TTech 2h -1.5 -120 1.2/1

Aztec thanks, I think FSU will really put a lot of pressure on that young Clemson QB tonight and sellout to stop the run. They've got the corners to go man up on the outside imo...
<!-- THE POST -->

GL bro!! I'm liking that under for tonight's game but I'm all over FSU, even at -3.5.

Razor - great to hear from you, hope you are doing well. Don't be a stranger, love to hear your take on things.

Hope so Renew - I can't hit my ass with two hands today in the Bases, just a horrendous day.

Back