Bowling Green -7 -108 1.5*
Colorado St. +3 -113 1*

Saturday
FSU -18.5 1*
Marshall -24 1*
10 pt. Tease OSU -5, FSU -9, NDST +13.5, UTST +14.5 +125 1*
Parlay FSU -17, Marshall -24, SMU -31 .5/2.36

Last edited:
There's 2 investments I feel better about now. Getting kickback from some of the guys I respect with respect to my BYU position ... thanks for playing it so I can feel good about it for a few hours.

Also with you on the pedo state rsw under.

Have a great year Timh

Kyle - I think the BYU game is a total mismatch on the LOS and the Mormons should completely dominate the trenches. UConn couldn't run the ball last year and their returning OL is very inexperienced. On the other side their DL is changing to 3-4 and only has two returning starters which doesn't bode well trying to stop the potent BYU running attack. BYU front 7 on D played well last year and I still have visions of the whoop ass they put on Texas. Just think UConn out manned in this one, and while UConn showed a little life in L3 gms at end of year under interim coach they were all against sub par opposition. I think UConn will be in trouble here trying to play from behind. BOL on the year and always enjoy your threads and learn something every time I read them.

Was just asking if anyone had seen you around the other day, I'm high on the terps and would like to hear some of your thoughts if you have time.

Good luck this year.

Kyle - I think the BYU game is a total mismatch on the LOS and the Mormons should completely dominate the trenches. UConn couldn't run the ball last year and their returning OL is very inexperienced. On the other side their DL is changing to 3-4 and only has two returning starters which doesn't bode well trying to stop the potent BYU running attack. BYU front 7 on D played well last year and I still have visions of the whoop ass they put on Texas. Just think UConn out manned in this one, and while UConn showed a little life in L3 gms at end of year under interim coach they were all against sub par opposition. I think UConn will be in trouble here trying to play from behind. BOL on the year and always enjoy your threads and learn something every time I read them.

couldn't agree more on this one

Thanks fellas, I appreciate it and wish you all a good season.

Thoughts on MD - Terps have endured a couple of tough injury seasons in a row. 2012 was the year of the freak QB injury where we lost 4 qb's to injury. Last year was more of the same with starting WR's Diggs and Long both with broken legs and the secondary to the starting corners Dexter McDougle (shoulder injury) and Jeremiah Johnson (toe). One benefit that came out of it was the baptism under fire of William Likely (corner) who really had a nice year on defense and special teams. This year the Terps return a pretty nice roster overall and I'll make some comments on the various groups.

Offense:

QB's - Nice depth with C.J. Brown who is a good runner has really improved his passing game, along with his recognition of defenses. Caleb Rowe has seen some action and is accomplished in the passing game. Perry Hills RS last year also has some experience and Shane Cockerville RSF no experience.

RB's - Brandon Ross has come out of camp as No. 1 rb, Reid is number 2, and Wes Brown is No. 3. MD quite frankly has not run the ball well the last couple of years and need to improve in this area. Some of this has been a function of a young OL. Think we should see some improvement in this area. I am hoping Brown gets in the mix as I personally think he has the most upside.

WR's - One of the better groups in the country overall with Diggs, Long, Jacobs and King. Diggs, Long coming of the injuries but both have good speed and Diggs in particular is a threat to break one at anytime with his speed and elusiveness. Jacobs had a very solid 2013 (13.6 ypc) and was the go to guy at the end of the season due to inj. to Diggs and Long. Nice depth on this unit with a lot of playmakers. Andrew Issacs will be the starting TE after camp.

OL - Silvano Altimarano emerged out of camp as the starting LG after E. Mulrooney had an illness that knocked him out of practice for an extended time. A. Zeller will start at RG, Sal Conaboy at C, Ryan Doyle RT, and Mike Dunn at LT. The line definitely has improved depth this year and should be improved though in my mind is still probably the biggest ? mark in terms of overall unit performance.

Defense:

DL - Led by DE Andre Monroe (9.5 scks), Quinton Jefferson at the other DE, and essentially two co-starters as listed on depth chart at NG in Kilgo and Bowers. Think this DL is underrated and will do just fine.

LB - Maryland historically good at LB and always seem to have playmakers. WIL - The two Yannicks - Ngaokue and Cudjoe Virgil (lots of sack potential seen from him). ILB - Loren Goree and Cole Farrand. Farrand is very active and had an incredible gm last year vs. Clemson with 23 tackles. SLB - Matt Robinson who moved in from safety last year and did a very credible job. Solid tackler with a nose for the ball.

DB - Likely who I mentioned above and Alvin Hill are the starting corners on the depth chart, though Edsall has said that Jeremiah Johnson is a starter. MD very solid at corner with these (3). Likely was fantastic as a freshman and will only get better, he is a serious player. Sean Davis and Anthony Nixon at the safeties are both juniors with solid experience. Davis is a potential all conf player. Best secondary under Edsall regime.

Special Teams - Craddock ok as FG kicker, nothing special but fairly decent. Renfro Punter. Return team has great potential with use of Diggs and Likely.

Coaching Staff - Edsall is a dickhead and always will be lol, Locksley decent offensive coordinator and I really like Brian Stewart on defense and feel like he has done an outstanding job overall especially with the injuries to the secondary last year.

Prediction: Terps win first (5), lose to OSU have a bye and come back and get a big win over Iowa at home, lose to Wisc on road, beat Penn St at Happy Valley for the first time ever, lose to MSU at home, lose nailbiter at Michigan, and beat Rutgers to go 8-4.

good write up. I'm high on the turtles this year despite the brutal crossover games. and I could be wrong but I think nigel king transferred. gl this year

You are correct, missed that transferred to KU and immediately eligible as graduate transfer. Probably a good move for him considering the depth of MD receiving corps.

Marcus Leak and Amba Etta-Tawo provide further depth at WR for Terps. Leak did not play in 2013.

Thanks for ur thoughts Tim, I think 8-4 would be an excellent season for Maryland. I will be rooting for U

I will be reading and contemplating everything that U write my friend

GL on the season

:tiphat:

Thanks fellas, wish you all the BOL on the season.

South Carolina -9.5 -108 1*

See Maryland closer to 6-6 myself this year; you got a good price on Sakerlina. Game was moving all over the place. GL as always this season sir.

Bowling Green -7 -108 1.5* - I've been looking at BG and like their returning offensive talent with Johnson at QB and Greene at RB in particular. Bodes well that Babers brought his co-OCs with him from Eastern Ill where they were #2 pass off in FCS. They did lose their top two WR's but look to have some decent talent there too. The offensive line looks like it most be the ? unit and hopefully they will improve on their pass protection this year. I feel pretty good about their defense overall especially the LB corps. WKy seems to be in rebuild mode with loss of Petrino and only 12 sts returning. I'm thinking this should be a DD win here for BG.

Here e go another time, Tim
10 years ? 12 years?
Gl to you, even tho I seem to be all alone on Colorado.:shake:

Here e go another time, Tim
10 years ? 12 years?
Gl to you, even tho I seem to be all alone on Colorado.:shake:
Bull you are dating us lol...actually think its been more like 20 plus going back to the Covers days.

Saturday
FSU -18.5 1*
Marshall -24 1*
10 pt. Tease OSU -5, FSU -9, NDST +13.5, UTST +14.5 +125 1*
Parlay FSU -17, Marshall -24, SMU -31 .5/2.36

I think u hit them all

GL Tim

Blood - I don't think JMU is supposed to be too good from what I've read. They lost a lot of defensive players and have a new coach in this year. SN picking them 9th in the Colonial Conf. They do have Vlad Lee who transferred in from GT and is a decent runner. I don't know if they run any option or not. My lean is to MD but I can't see a whole lot of value laying more than 3td's so I think I am going to leave it alone.

Blood - I don't think JMU is supposed to be too good from what I've read. They lost a lot of defensive players and have a new coach in this year. SN picking them 9th in the Colonial Conf. They do have Vlad Lee who transferred in from GT and is a decent runner. I don't know if they run any option or not. My lean is to MD but I can't see a whole lot of value laying more than 3td's so I think I am going to leave it alone.
Thanks Tim I will put them in a teaser @ -17

Are U at The game

enjoy ur afternoon

Back