259 JMU -6 and 5.5 1.5* (split .75 on each) and JMU -1 1*

Sunday 9/3
209/210 WVU/VT under 55.5 1.5*

BOL on the season!

Last edited:
Thanks fellas, have a great season!

201/202 Michigan/Florida under 45 1.5*

Good to see you aboard, Tim. A big wish from me to have a big season.:cheers3:

Few thoughts on MD, first very happy with Durkin and the progress in recruiting. It’s going to take a while to turn it around, but I was ecstatic they were able to win 6 last year and get in a bowl. The extra practices etc..and positive mojo are really good for the program. This year I think they will be hard pressed to win more than 4 or 5 games. The schedule is definitely tougher and MD will need to fight hard at home in the winnable Big 10 games vs. NW and Indiana. I’m really pleased with Walt Bell as OC and feel like our running game immediately improved on his arrival, and like the way he has used the speed of Ty Johnson to get to the edge on some of the jet sweeps he calls and then sets some things up nicely with the motion with the counter influences. Harrison is also a decent RB despite being a knucklehead off the field, so they have some good options in the running game. Caleb Henderson is evidently still in a walking boot due to foot injury, so will not be a factor early in the season for the QB starting position. It appears that Pigrome has the inside edge right now, over Hill and Bortenschlager. All reports I have read are that he has really improved, which is a good thing because he really struggled in passing game last year but is a good athlete and can run. I don’t expect him to keep the job though, based on what I have seen. Hill is a freshman that has the tools and ability to ascend to the position, and Bortenschlager may have the best arm of all the candidates. The OL was a disaster last yr in pass protection yielding 49 sacks. The two tackles Prince and Gray are juniors this year, and should show some improvement. MD offense was really hurting last year when Hills was injured and couldn’t play and that took a huge toll on the team but they kept fighting all year. I’m still concerned about quality line play on both sides of the ball with this team, and still feel like they don’t have the necessary depth and competition with enough good players to be able to tee it up with elite teams in the conference. They were bulldozed by Michigan and OSU last year, and without being able to throw with Hills injured and Pigrome and Rowe ineffective they just didn’t stand a chance. The defense should improve with some better depth in the back 7, but I am still concerned about DL depth. I think 4 or 5 wins is prob a reasonable expectation for this team. I am hoping they surprise me again this year and I think if they can get some production out of the QB position they could be better than expected offensively.

DIV8I5JXUAAXN2c.jpg

I appreciate your thread Tim. It's one of the few I compare to what I'm playing. It's what I used to do with the ole bloodhound. GL this season!

Thanks Wise, we all miss the Hound just not the same without him.

Florida +4 1*

thanks tim, always love your takes on the terps. just my opinion, if it's pigrome, it's gonna get ugly. he's just such a bad passer. short, intermediate whatever the kid just can't keep a defense honest to make his running effective. durkin probably isn't excited about starting kasim hill in his first game at texas but he might not have a choice. kasim hill fits the offense perfectly and should be a good dual threat for years. henderson would've been a nice bridge until he's ready. oh well. gl

They say Pigrome has improved (cough cough - I am trying to remember the last time I heard a coach say his QB has regressed in the offseason) but apparently he was the underperformer of the last scrimmage.

Also, is there any chance at all that they try and wait out the health of Henderson and with Pigrome depth, try to use a redshirt on Hill? Or is he seeing the field this year no matter what?

thanks tim, always love your takes on the terps. just my opinion, if it's pigrome, it's gonna get ugly. he's just such a bad passer. short, intermediate whatever the kid just can't keep a defense honest to make his running effective. durkin probably isn't excited about starting kasim hill in his first game at texas but he might not have a choice. kasim hill fits the offense perfectly and should be a good dual threat for years. henderson would've been a nice bridge until he's ready. oh well. gl

They say Pigrome has improved (cough cough - I am trying to remember the last time I heard a coach say his QB has regressed in the offseason) but apparently he was the underperformer of the last scrimmage.

Also, is there any chance at all that they try and wait out the health of Henderson and with Pigrome depth, try to use a redshirt on Hill? Or is he seeing the field this year no matter what?

Dicky/VK - It is Pigrome, and Dicky like you I just have to wonder how effective he can be as a passer, based on what I saw last year. VK I think Durkin possibly is considering the red shirt on Hill, especially if he has seen enough of Henderson to think he could be the guy for this year. I am just surprised that Bortenschlager is not in the mix for this week vs. Texas, you would think they may want to use him to generate some passing game. He supposedly does have the best arm of all the QB.

Futures
Wisconsin to Win Big 10 West -185 1*
Miami FL to win ACC Coastal +130 1*
Toledo to win MAC West +115 .5*

Missed it Troy, hope you're right GL to us.

227/228 North Dakota/Utah under 58 1*

I like that total tim, if I can get an FAU team total I'll be all over it, think Lane makes a massive statement in this one, was already a big fan of his when everyone even knew him as Joey Freshwater

Good # on MTSU. Last I saw it was down to +3.5
Here in Nashville radio shows are reporting how good Vandy looks but I still am on the fence.
I REALLY like Stockstill and his son at QB tossing to Richie James
Stockstill should have big #s this year if he stays healthy.
They lost 5 starters on D from last year but shouldn't matter, they are built to outscore teams

I like that total tim, if I can get an FAU team total I'll be all over it, think Lane makes a massive statement in this one, was already a big fan of his when everyone even knew him as Joey Freshwater
28o20 at BOL, 28.5o15 at BM

Good # on MTSU. Last I saw it was down to +3.5
Here in Nashville radio shows are reporting how good Vandy looks but I still am on the fence.
I REALLY like Stockstill and his son at QB tossing to Richie James
Stockstill should have big #s this year if he stays healthy.
They lost 5 starters on D from last year but shouldn't matter, they are built to outscore teams
Colt I think it is very important for MTSU to score early in this game and not fall too far behind. My concern is Vandy having a lead and just running the football the rest of the night.

Amazing how for the sake of political correctness, the legislators and governing bodies continue to try and undo history....

It's honestly pathetic. Not looking to spark a political debate, but come on! I could go on and on, but the fact that we as a nation are willing to try and hide or change our history just shows how shallow we are. Our history is our history and without traditions our lives will become a boring and without charm. Sorry to see this happen.

Got a bit unlucky on Navy game, delays didn't help as the tempo certainly was interrupted in 2H. FAU misses 2 pt conversion and Navy misses chip shot FG (which looked good but was over top the upright). Navy usually would have gone for it on 4th and 2 there, but were comfortably ahead and prob wanted to give the FG team some reps (fml). Oh well, push on 2H total there and lose game total.

oh brother was i wrong. pigrome is way better than last year. i hear so much bs coach speak but this time it's true

Back