Hawaii/Georgia under 70 1.1/1 W
2teamer Georgia -3/Under 76 Georgia/Haw 1.1/1 W
Oklahoma -8 -115 1.15/1 L
VT -3 2.2/2 L
VT -5.5 2h 1/1 W
Tulsa -5.5 2.2/2 W
OSU/LSU under 47 1.1/1 L
<!-- / message --><!-- / message -->LSU -3 -120 1.2/1 W

Overall 18-11<!-- / message --><!-- / message --><!-- / message --><!-- / message -->

Last edited:
BYU -6 3.3/3 - Have to question UCLA's motivation here with Dorrell dismissed and a rematch against the Mormons. BYU team has steadily improved over the course of the season with both Hall and Unga making major progress, which has really made them tough to defend with the excellent balance in their offense. BYU has done a nice job stopping the run all year and UCLA has not run effectively which will put more pressure on Olson to produce in the passing game. UCLA has given up 33 sacks on the season and BYU should be able to get some pressure. Overall, just have to feel BYU will care more about this game and exact a measure of revenge.

GL, Tim....

I disagree only that think UCLA plays with emotion for the interim coach, but I'm not sure it's enough. I don't think they care as much b/c it's "just" BYU and they have to be disapointed with their season considering the expectations b/4 the season started..I like the thought of BYU exacting some revenge...

GL timh, tough break on utah, was on them and the under as well.

Still blitzing, SAFETIES at that, with 50 seconds left in the game. assholes!

good luck on the rest of your action..

Arizona State +3 -120 2.4/2 - Not sure why Texas is favored in this game as their defense really faltered in the L3 games of the season giving up 534/ypg (Okie St., TT, A&M). ASU has difficulties protecting Carpenter, giving up 51 sacks on the season but certainly should be able to produce in the passing game vs. the porous Texas secondary. Think ASU defense will be able to stop the run a little bit vs. Texas and make McCoy throw more than Texas will want to. This could be problematic for Texas as McCoy has been more turnover prone this year. Mac Brown frustrated with Texas practice habits and poor defensive performances has done away with the depth chart and is evaluating and grading the players during every practice. I think ASU comes in with a better mind set for this game and it won't surprise me if they win outright.
<!-- THE POST -->

Thanks fellas, hope everyone is having a good holiday season.

Wolfpack I'm ready to play MD. I always like when Ralph has a month to prepare for an opponent. MD OL will be the healthiest they have been for some time which will really help against the strength of OSU which is their front seven on D. I think MD will have some success throwing against this defense if they can give Turner enough time and be somewhat successful balancing their offense with enough running. On the flip side I don't think OSU really throws that well and if MD can stop Bernard they should do pretty well.

TimH, I'm on Maryland BIG; will be one of my five biggest plays of the bowl season.

Please make sure your boys are ready to rock!

nice hit on the chips bro...i will be on maryland more than likely as well...gl bro.

- Not sure why Texas is favored in this game as their defense really faltered in the L3 games of the season giving up 534/ypg (Okie St., TT, A&M).

While I'm certainly not going to disagree with your pick, those three offenses are not slouches against anyone. Tech routinely chalks up 500+ with the 2nd ranked offense and Okie State ended up with the 9th ranked offense in the NCAA. A&M only averaged about 400 YPG, but that is a huge rivalry game that anything can happen in and they got on a roll. Statistically AZ St was only a couple of yards different than A&M. The fact that Texas won 2 of those 3 despite the huge defensive lapses and averaged 36 points per game for the year despite Colt's down year.

The other factor making Texas the favorite is the line bias they have encountered for at least 20 years because Texas people will bet their team even when the line is out of wack by 4 or 5 points.

With all that said, every single capper that I put any faith in at all picks ASU to win and I will either tail or stay off the game entirely. Good luck on your play.

Maryland +5 3.3/3 and ML 1/1.75 - MD comes in as healthy as they have been in quite some time. The OL received a big boost when Andrew Crummey OG was able to return for the NCST game after breaking his fibula earlier in the season. Jamie Thomas OG (leg) also may return in some capacity for tonight's game. On the defensive side of the ball leading tackler Erin Henderson really benefitted from the time off to get his battered body over an assortment of injuries. OSU has a fine front seven on defense and will be tough to run against, but MD comes in healthier on the OL and with a good tandem of RB's in Ball and Lattimore. The key in my mind will be for MD to throw on the early downs and keep OSU off balance. Bernard is a fine RB for OSU but I don't think OSU has much of a passing game to rely on especially if they find themselves down early in the game. I look for MD to show up and play a good solid game tonight. The Fridge is excellent with this much time to prepare and I've been very happy with the progress of Chris Turner at QB.

Very disappointing and tough loss on MD last night. Should have been able to at least cover the 5 last night if they make the chip shot FG. Credit OSU with great rush defense and Bernard for having a good night running the football. Disappointed with MD offense not being able to sustain any drives after the 1q. Too many drops by the WR's and feel like the Terps should have thrown more on the early downs. Tougher conditions with the misty rain in the 2h made it harder to throw. Losing that game really hurts when you see how poor the QB play is for OSU but give them credit they won the game on the LOS.

Wake Forest -2 1.1/1
WF under 47.5 1.1/1

T-man-

Whats ur thoughts on this UK/FSU w/ the move and all?

I hadn't gotten around to looking at this game yet, as I was working the earlier football and basketball this morning once I got myself going. Very interesting line move on this game. 5 Dimes history this morning below.

12/31 06:14:47am #458 Kentucky 9
12/31 06:15:38am #457 Florida State 57½
12/31 07:06:54am #457 Florida State 57
12/31 07:50:19am #458 Kentucky 9½-05
12/31 07:51:11am #457 Florida State 57½
12/31 08:14:30am #458 Kentucky 9
12/31 08:46:42am #458 Kentucky 9-05
12/31 08:48:42am #458 Kentucky 8½
12/31 08:49:53am #458 Kentucky 8
12/31 08:52:15am #458 Kentucky 7½
12/31 08:57:37am #458 Kentucky 7½+05

Injury/Suspension Status

Important Injuries
Florida State
Date Pos Player Injury Status
12/22 10:12am OL Jacky Claude Suspension expected to miss.
12/22 10:12am #2 QB Xavier Lee Suspension expected to miss.
12/22 10:11am OL Caz Piurowski Suspension expected to miss.
12/22 10:10am OL Daron Rose Suspension expected to miss.
Kentucky
12/30 12:50pm OL Jason Leger Disciplinary expected to miss.
12/30 12:50pm WR Keenan Burton Knee downgraded to expected to miss.
12/21 10:10am CB Paul Warford Shoulder is doubtful.
Line-up
None
Steam Play

#457 Florida State +8½
All Injuries
Florida State
12/27 10:26am DE Neefy Moffett Suspension expected to miss.
12/22 10:12am OL Jacky Claude Suspension expected to miss.
12/22 10:12am #2 QB Xavier Lee Suspension expected to miss.
12/22 10:11am OL Caz Piurowski Suspension expected to miss.
12/22 10:10am OL Daron Rose Suspension expected to miss.
12/20 8:27am LB Dekoda Watson Disciplinary is expected to miss.
12/20 8:26am DE Kevin McNeil Disciplinary is expected to miss.
12/20 8:26am WR Joslin Shaw Disciplinary is expected to miss.
10/29 6:37am WR Richard Goodman Fibula expected to miss rest of season.
10/01 9:35am FB Marcus Sims Ankle is out for the season.
10/01 9:34am OT Antwane Greenlee Neck is out indefinitely.
09/21 9:54am FB Joe Surratt Leg out for the season.
09/06 10:04am S Mister Alexander ACL is out for the season.
08/30 5:59am TE Jonathan Hannah Academics is out for the season.
Kentucky
12/30 12:50pm OL Jason Leger Disciplinary expected to miss.
12/30 12:50pm WR Keenan Burton Knee downgraded to expected to miss.
12/21 10:10am RB Derrick Locke Ribs is expected to miss.
12/21 10:10am CB Paul Warford Shoulder is doubtful.
10/30 2:06pm FS Marcus McClinton Shoulder expected to miss rest of season.

Seems to me that FSU lost a shit load of important OL that has got to effect their protection and run blocking. Also Dekoda Watson is a big loss to the defense. I've got no idea why this thing dropped down like it did.

gl tim, I just don't understand how people are on mizzou. I think they are way overated, but I guess we'll find out soon lol

Thanks Cash, GL today and Happy New Year.

Texas Tech -6 -115 2.3/2 - Like the matchup of TT WR's against a questionable Virginia secondary that has not faced an offensive aerial attack of this magnitude. Key in my mind will be a quick start for TT to force VA to play from behind. This will take UVA out of what they want to do which will be to focus on the running game. I don't think VA has the offensive passing game to be able to come from behind. Quick three step drop passing game of TT will negate the effectiveness of VA front seven on D which is the strongest part of their team. This looks like a very good matchup for TT today.

Thanks Cash, GL today and Happy New Year.

Texas Tech -6 -115 2.3/2 - Like the matchup of TT WR's against a questionable Virginia secondary that has not faced an offensive aerial attack of this magnitude. Key in my mind will be a quick start for TT to force VA to play from behind. This will take UVA out of what they want to do which will be to focus on the running game. I don't think VA has the offensive passing game to be able to come from behind. Quick three step drop passing game of TT will negate the effectiveness of VA front seven on D which is the strongest part of their team. This looks like a very good matchup for TT today.

I played T Tech for the same reasons as you.....Graham Harrell looks like this bowl game is the last place he wants to be.........What a fucking fraud.....

Yeah no good Sword....TT absolutely got given the game outright. No business to even win SU. Groh is just an idiot...no way he ever should have that kid throwing at the end.

VT -3 2.2/2 - VT struggled all year with OL injuries and a resultant lack of synergy caused them problems in pass protection and consistency running the football. They have gotten a lot healthier on the OL at the end of the year and this has really helped their football team become a lot more balanced and consistent on offense. Eddie Royal is a real threat as a big play WR and in the kick return game and I look for him to make some big plays in this game. The VT defense and special teams are rock solid and they will definitely bring some pressure on Reesing who has been very good at not turning the ball over. VT is much better defensively than Kansas and I think this will prove to be the difference in this game. Also look for a big play on special teams out of VT which will help them to victory here.

Back