Celtics vs. Warriors Parlay Preview Article

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Bet This Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Game 5 Parlay at (+278)

Boston Celtics vs. Golden State Warriors
Monday, June 13, 2022 at 9 p.m. ET (ABC) at Chase Center in San Francisco

Bounce-Back Trend

I like the Celtics tonight because they are in a bounce-back situation which has been perfectly reliable for them during these playoffs.

After a straight-up loss, the Celtics are 7-0 SU. They're winning these games by an average of 15.57 points.

This trend, with all its details, are particularly important to observe because the Celtics are nevertheless underdogs tonight.

Tonight presents a strong opportunity to cash at plus money.

To explain this trend further, it has been a factor in the series against the defending champs Milwaukee, against the Heat, and also in this series.

After dropping Game 1 against Milwaukee, the Celtics won Game 2 by 23.

They won Game 4 in Milwaukee after losing Game 3.

Then, they won Game 6 by 13 after dropping Game 5.

Against Miami, Boston lost Game 1 but then won Game 2 by 25.

The Celtics won Game 4 by 20 after losing Game 3, and they clinched the series with a Game 7 victory that followed a Game 6 defeat.

In this series, Boston won Game 3 by 16 after suffering a Game 2 loss.

While tonight's game takes place in Golden State's venue, Boston has been a solid road team during these playoffs partly because their ability to bounce back in these playoffs has persisted even when playing away from home.

Why Does Boston Keep Needing to Bounce Back?

This series has been decided by the quality of Boston's offense.

Golden State's offensive rating is nearly identical in its wins and losses.

It is 110.9 when the Warriors win and 110.5 when it loses.

However, Boston's offense has been bipolar.

In Celtic losses, its offensive rating is 95.4.

Its offensive rating, though, is 125.5 in Boston victories.

Shoot and Shoot Some More

Boston's offense encounters an overly simplistic piece of criticism: the Celtics shoot too much.

The Celtic offense, though, is designed this way.

It is designed to generate favorable jump-shooting opportunities.

One thing that Boston will do is run hammer sets. It will do so with variations.

These sets are complex to observe and even more difficult to defend against.

Video footage reveals the deceptiveness in these sets created by the employment of decoy actions.

The defense is also tested by cross-court passing, being manipulated in one direction before having to recover, and by other features of these sets.

Jayson Tatum will often initiate the set at the top of the key.

Teammates will run screen actions off the ball and Tatum might act like he is looking to pass the ball to those guys.

However, off-ball screens plus strong-side driving will allow a teammate to free himself for an open shooting opportunity on the other side of the action.

While Boston's offense might be called one-dimensional, it is thus actually very creative.

Because the Celtics tend to bounce back with strong offense, one should expect them to have vastly more success trying to score in tonight's game.

Defensive Strategy

Boston is allowing Steph Curry to operate with total comfort because it is hard for one man to win a game by itself and because Boston respects Curry's supporting cast.

The Warriors are favored tonight despite the inconsistency of Curry's support.

Field goal percentages and video footage reveal the unreliability of Klay Thompson, Andrew Wiggins, and Jordan Poole on a game-to-game basis.

Of course, Draymond Green and Kevon Looney are not big-time scorers.

Guys Not Named Tatum

The Celtics have won two games in this series despite the fact that their superstar Tatum has been performing horribly.

One positive surprise has been Jaylen Brown who is said to be more of a regular season player because he thrives in transition and the playoffs tend to favor a more half-court kind of game/

The Celtics have also been able to rely on stronger scoring also from Marcus Smart, Grant Williams off the bench, Al Horford in wins, and so forth.

Tatum

I think that tonight will finally be the game in which Tatum shows up.

There simply is no reason why he is struggling -- particularly inside -- as much as he is.

He already succeeded against difficult defensive tests posed by Milwaukee and by Miami's highly-ranked defense.

The Warriors don't have anything better to throw at him.

But Tatum is too preoccupied with hunting for fouls and complaining to the refs.

It is mental with him, and it's time for him to come around while his teammates carry the offense.

Total Verdict

Expect stronger offense from Boston and therefore a higher-scoring game.

The Celtics will bounce back again with strong shooting and maybe even more efficient input from Tatum.

For the above reasons, parlay the Celtics ATS with the "over."

Best Bet: Parlay Celtics +3.5 at -102 & Over 212 at -110 at +278 odds with BetOnline

Actually should say 85, I simply think they struggle to score and we finally see a 2h GSW defense that's been expected

Kinda hope they go high in the 1h to get that 2h discount

Right side. Line is strong for them and the crew from the NBA is not just road savvy - but league savvy. Tony allowed Dubz to basically tackle everyone in g2, I think he'll do the opposite tonight.

I think this the toughest game of series thus far but really don’t see any reason not to take the plus money while getting to continue with the zig zag!! I keep telling myself I can play these as 2 game chases if need be but up to this point have yet to get the 1st game wrong!! I really think there a great chance the home team doesn’t win another game, it be awesome if the dog cashes the next 3!! Need C’s to win tonight for it to work, I’d be incredibly happy to play dubs game 6 in Boston, on other hand if dubs do beat us tonight Boston in gm6 be pound town for me!

Back