Celtics Double Up strategy---

Sammy Meatballs

Sammy Meatballs? Never Heard of Her
I am feeling lucky and a little bit of Celtic Green should be able to bring us some big loot on the Celtics.

Opportunities like this come maybe once a Millenium. How can we lose if we just bet the Celtics next game and then double up huge on game 7 if they somehow miraculously lose game 6.

Celtics are a brilliant outfit and there play is unmatched in this series. I think DOc was just toying with the Lakers, Garnett was just relaxing a bit and will be ready to win at home as he is one of the leagues most clutch and strongest players downlow, I expect him to Bulldoze Gasol right into the third row of the stands. I also expect Rondo, House or Cassell or whoever it is to dominate, there are too clutch and DOC knows how to put the hot shooter in the game.

I am thinking to take Celtics Moneyline in game 6 huge and then take them in game 7 huger if need be. I dont think we will need it as NO TEAM has EVER COME BACK FROM A 3-1 DEFECIT. I think that the Celtics are just too smart with their coaching and I look for The true STAR and real MVP of this league Kenneth GARNETT to step up and dunk all over the Lakers and show KOBE who is the real boss.

I cannot see the Celtics losing at home in a million years. I would bet anyting on this, as should anyone, farmers are selling their cattle and their goats, everyone is selling everything here, CELTICS are TRUE CHAMPS, they have this series WON and CANNOT LOSE, NO WAY, NO WAY, If they lose my name is not Sammy MEATBALLS.

wait a minute, weren't you predicting a laker series victory a few days ago? didn't you say that boston was a total mismatch and that the lakers were gonna destroy them? now that the series has gone opposite of your prediction you're now backing out? i understand your position but disagree as to the total 180 degree turn on this topic. i really hope you're doing an anti-curse...

i'm not saying this strategy will not work, but take it from the chumps who bet the yanks and did this same thing when they were up against boston 3-0 a few years back...

btw, i'm doing the same thing but for different reasons, and for a much less stake...

i've lost respect for you, sammy....

linewatcher - if Sammy has allowed the play on court to open his eyes as to who the better team is, why should that be an object for derision? surely that's better than someone maintaining the same kind of Laker opinions expressed beforehand in the face of the superior play of Boston?
I'm not aware there's a rule in play that says anyone's opinion must stay set in stone - I was for the Lakers before this series began (although slightly less emphatically) and since then have bet the Celts for the series, no doubt for the same reasons Sammy has done his about face.

Sammy - the real problem is Perkins being absent. If the Lakers have a sliver of light gleaming through the tunnel, it's the refs have less work to do to ensure a game 7 if Perkins is again absent for game 6. His potential absence suggests being real careful with the first step of the 2 game chase.

Yes Crimes both outfits are brilliant outfits but the play of the Celtics has suggested that they have had a chance to win each and every game.

Tonight if Allen and Garnett show up a little more and no PERKINS meant GASOL and ODOM scoring inside. I think everyone expects the Lakers to come back and play like they did earlier but I will admit the Celtics are a better outfit at this time. They matchup well, and it would be an absolute meltdown wiht the way PIERCE is playing, he will show up, need GARNETT to score more and ALLEN to resume his earlier play-

Simply put the Celts are not letting KOBE beat them, now to win game 6 and 7 the supporting cast must step up, and they are not doing it, their 3's are not falling they are turnign the ball over and cannot penetrate, Celts are playing a D that blocks the entire middle of the court and only allows plays on the perimeter and long 3 attempts, it is a brilliant plan--

Kobe I dont think will all of a sudden just start cathing fire-- PERKINS out is huge its like LAKERS having no GASOL

Having said all of this if the supporting cast steps up the Lakers have a good chance of winning game 6 in Boston. No one is stepping up, GASOL did today huge, if they step up on the road they can win in BOSTON, they cant rely on KOBE alone.

Tough Night for Ray Allen

June 16, 2008 1:04 AM

After an NBA Finals game, a superstar like Ray Allen will typically hear from his coach, shower, get dressed, and then run a gauntlet of post-game interviews. It could be an hour or two from the end of the game until top players head home.

But tonight, just a few minutes after the game, the Celtics' Ray Allen was tidily dressed in a suit, and on the move quickly through the crowds under the arena, towards the exit.

Just not something you often see.

I asked PR people for the NBA and the Celtics what was going on, and they held an impromptu meeting, after which no one would say anything beyond that he was dealing with a personal family matter.

Celtics Coach Doc Rivers later issued a statement: "Ray Allen was forced to leave Staples Center tonight right at the conclusion of tonight's game due to a health issue with one of his children. We ask that you please respect Ray's privacy at this time, and we'll keep you up to date as best we can moving forward."

Best thoughts to Ray Allen and his family.

The Celtics are scheduled to fly to Boston tomorrow morning. Is there any reason to worry that this could keep Ray Allen from being ready for Game 6 on Tuesday?

A source with knowledge of the situation said he doubted it.

Allen missed 2 important open 3 pointers..maybe his mind was elsewhere(family) or maybe I'm just trying to make excuses haha but with this series going back to bean town I have a pretty good feeling he'll show up..All the lakers do is stand around and wait for mamba to do his thing, very predictable but sometimes worthwhile gamble for the zen master

I really don't see any reason what so ever to take Celtics at this point ML. Unless they will win indeed in Game 6 and you make the profit, going to Game 7, you will put big money on the Celtics (Games 6 and 7 combined) to make minimum profit. Unless you are 90% sure they will win Game 6, the bet got no value to me. You can do something else that I'm thinking of. Make a big bet against Celtics winning the series and take them live in each game with higher odds. All you need is Lakers to lead by 5 - 7 points in some point in the game to take Celtics with evens or better odds and with the low to lay against the Celtics, it looks like easy money and you win regardless of the winner in the end...

wait a minute, weren't you predicting a laker series victory a few days ago? didn't you say that boston was a total mismatch and that the lakers were gonna destroy them? now that the series has gone opposite of your prediction you're now backing out? i understand your position but disagree as to the total 180 degree turn on this topic. i really hope you're doing an anti-curse...

i've lost respect for you, sammy....

I'd lose respect for someone if they could not adjust after watching five games between the same two teams. You shouldn't lose respect for someone simply because he changed his mind.

Sammy, I actually think LA evens the series in Gm6. GL to you.

Noooooooooooo Please Dont Pick The Celtics I Beg You, I Rather Have Brandon Lang Put 100000000000 Dimes On The Celts

Sorry KRAMER I am going reallly big on the C's- they are hungry, have a proven closer in Kenneth Garnett, he will want this one badly, Raymond Allen will rebound after last game and Paul Pierce is an animal, he is like an ANACONDA he is wrapped all over KOBE suffocating him to death.

Kramer they dont come as easy as this-- Just Hope Doc plays Rondo instead of benching him late in the 4th qtrs again and playing musical chairs with Cassell, House and Rondo to see who goes in the game.

Rondo is in the dog house for no reason he has played well but DOC has no confidence in him, Eddie House is a shooter I guess you have to like his confidence unlike others who will not take the shot-

Ken is a proven closer?? HAAAAAA.

Line is nice and short for some C's action though.

I'm sorry is the NBA still even playing?

Oh, right, it's still June, that must mean we have another three weeks to finish this series.

Ugh.

Go offseason.

I am getting the green face paint ready, I am going to paint myself Green like a LEPRECHAUN, I cannot wait to celebrate, the cup is ours, the Lakers cannot stop us, Pierce and his gang are like the 4 Horseman just deadly, you will see the real champs emerge tomorrow, and the Lakers be looking around and wondering what the hell happened.

I'm sorry is the NBA still even playing?

Oh, right, it's still June, that must mean we have another three weeks to finish this series.

Ugh.

Go offseason.

It seems like ages when the Celtics were playing the Hawks and the Lakers were playing the Nuggets. End this crap already. :hang:

LOL, is this some kind of reverse jinx sammy? If your being serious, I do think it is a wise bet.

It is wise I am ordering the champagne tomorrow night, I will be pouring it all over my head tomorrow night, Celts roll this team, the C's are hungry and will eat up Lakers, KObe is scared, he got an offensive foul last agme and tried to help up PIERCE, right there the series was over, they may as well just have brough the Cup on the floor and done the ceremony right there, JORDAN would never help another player up in that situation after being called for his 3rd offesnive foul in a row vs the ANACANDA PIERCE, he is too strong for KOBE, he is bullying him around all over the court, I guess it doesen't hurt to be a 6'11 275 pound freak of Muscle like PIERCE

Crimes I know what you are saying, if Stern would have it his way he would love this a 9 games series and have the winner win 5 games.

All I know is I am playing at home, and that is all that matters. With Kenneth (Clutch) Garnett what more can I ask for? Other than JORDAN himself KCG is who I want in this spot. Raymond ALLEN will get locked in and be like a F 18 Fighter JET- Once he is locked in it is all over he is money in the bank--

I have faith in the musical chairs approach to decide between Eddie (HYPER) House, Rondo and CASSELS, or whoever is sitting closer to DOC approach.

The Celts will have the ANACONDA Pierce tomorrow, he is a bully out there, no one wants to get in his way, he is way too strong and will just knock you out silly if you get in his way- He was able to overpower arguably the most physical specimen in the world in Lebroad shouldered James. The Anaconda can kill a Black Mamba with one single strike, he will continue to do so. He will not be denied in this game, he is the ANACONDA and he is hungry for the WIN.

Hopefully LEON LEXUS POWE will get into the game to rough up GASOL and ODOM, they don't want to bang with him, he is way too strong and hyper. I dont know why PJ BROWN is playing, but its ok because the ANACONDA wants this title, that 3 he sunk before the half in game 5 was possibly the greatest shot ever in the NBA, as everyone knew it was going in.

Big 3 Queers come up LARGE, Kenneth Garnett, Reymundo Allen, and Anaconda, can erase the "losers in the past" syndrome. Anaconda smokes the Mamba 2night, Kobias and the "know your role" playas will come up SHORT. The puppetmaster Stern would love to have a G7 but Fakers have been 0-5 ATS in this series, make it 0-6 and onto to NFL.

Celtics -4 - LARGE
Under 192 - LARGE

Back