Packers TT O23.5 -135
Packers first H -3 -110
Packers -4.5 -110 2 units

Parlays and teasers

SeahawksML/SteelersML -190 to win 3 units

Last edited:
Saturday thoughts

Raiders @ Texans

Everyone is talking about how the Raiders are down to their last option and their third string QB for this game. I have two words for you, Brock Osweiler. Osweiler had a passer rating this season of 72.2 which ranked 29th out of 30 starters with at least 190 attempts under their belt. He completed passes at 59.0% which ranked 27th out of 30 on that same list. Osweiler has thrown the 4th most INT this year despite missing the last 2.5 games. This guy is NOT starting QB material in the NFL. So before you talk to me about Connor Cook and the question mark that his lack of play represents tell me about the question mark that Osweiler represents. He will be facing a Raiders defense that is very opportunistic. Yes they gave up a ton of yardage and a lot of points this year but look at it a bit differently. The Raiders were 2nd in the NFL in takaways this year. They had 16 INTs and 14 Fumble recoveries. 30 times they took the ball away and they are playing a QB who has a penchant for giving it away. I have a feeling that Khalil Mack makes his presence known early and often in this one. In their prior meeting in Mexico city Osweiler actually had one of his more efficient games of the season when he completed 66% of his passes.They still only put up two touchdowns and two field goals vs the Raiders. I can go on and on about Osweiler but lets talk about Cook for a minute. Id be crazy if I told you I know what to expect from him but if there is a silver(and black) lining to this completely awful situation to be making a first NFL start its this. There is no pressure on this guy at all really. He is a third stringer making his first NFL start in a playoff game vs the top ranked defense in the NFL on the road. He isnt supposed to win, period. Everyone has given up on the Raiders. Lets not forget that many people had Cook coming off the draft board much much earlier than he did. He slipped because people questioned his ability to lead at the NFL level. They didnt question his ability to play at this level. He proved over and over in college he can play. This team has its leadership in place. All Cook needs to do is come out and play. When he got thrown into the fire against the Broncos last week he looked ten times better than Mcgloin. He was making quick reads and throwing confident strikes. I was very much impressed with what I saw. Lets not forget that he has the same weapons that Carr had and an offensive line that has only given up 18 sacks all season long. Rushing the passer is not even a strong suit of the Texans defense as they are tied for 24th in the NFL on the season in sacks. He will have time to figure out the disguised coverages that will no doubt be thrown at him. If Cook can take good care of the ball I am confident that the Raiders will be in position to win this game late.

Lions @ Seahawks

First things first. He keep saying otherwise and the team continues to say otherwise but I contend that the finger issue is a huge bother to Stafford. The numbers say so quite clearly. Prior to the finger Detroit was 8-4. Since the injury they are 1-3. Prior to the injury he was completing 67.2% of his passes and since he is completing 60.2%. He has been messing around with different combinations of gloved fingers with others cut out of the glove in the last three games but it hasnt really helped. It may not be directly changing the way he throws the ball but I guarantee you this, he can feel it every single time he throws a pass. This game is outdoors and its going to be cold and LOUD. Advantage Seattle. To me the Lions only hope lies in a new found running game and I have read press clippings where the Seahawks defenders are praising Zenner so he is clearly on their radar. To me the Lions simply dont have enough to contend in this game. The Seahawks will want to open this game in a strong manner because they will be aware of Staffords late game heroics throughout this season. If they can get an early lead and force the Lions to go to the air exclusively this game can get out of control early. If they allow the Lions to stick around into the late quarters of the game it might just get interesting. I think Seattle gets it done in a fairly easy fashion in this one.

Last edited:
Sunday thoughts

Dolphins @ Steelers

These two met in mid October in Miami and there is no two ways about it, the Steelers got thrashed. In their 30-15 win Miami racked up 222 yards of rushing and 474 yards overall. Ajayi was simply a man possessed on that day. Thus began a 4 game skid for the Steelers that basically shaped the rest of their season. After losing the fourth in a row to Dallas a players only meeting was called and the season turned 180 degrees and they went on a 7 game win streak to end their season. That game was also a turning point for Miami as they were just 1-4 entering that game and went on a 9-2 run to finish things out. What was found that day was their running game and their lead back in Ajayi. Ajayi has broken down a bit over the last half of the season and isnt really running the ball with the same authority he did that day. You can also bet that Leveon Bell has this game etched in his memory as the game he was outshined by a then no named running back. Bell has really found his legs coming down the stretch of the season and you can bet he will get more than 10 carries, the amount in their first game, on Sunday. I believe this is the key to the game, Miami is ranked 30th out of 32 teams in rushing yards given up. The Steelers didnt have a chance to get their running game started in the first meeting and Bell only notched 10 carries. I expect that to change Sunday. Moore has played valiantly for Miami but I dont think he has enough to carry the team to a playoff win in Pittsburgh. I just dont feel like Miami has enough firepower to win this game. I think we see Pitt score 28+ in this one and I dont think Miami will keep up.

Giants @ Packers

Yes the Giants have gone to Green Bay and won in the playoffs. On both of their last superbowl runs to be exact. Lets be clear though, this isnt the same Giants team that did that. The only real name left from those teams is Eli Manning. Yes the Giants have a very good defense but this isnt Justin Tuck and Michael Strahan walking into Lambeau this weekend. This Giants team is coming in to face one of the leagues hottest offenses being spearheaded by the leagues hottest QB. Over the last 6 games which were all wins the Packers are averaging 30.8 pts per game. Aaron Rodgers over the last 7 games of the season has thrown for 2018 yards and 18 TD passes with ZERO interceptions. That is white hot. To make things more interesting the Packers have found a running game with Ty Montgomery and fullback Ripkowski. Throwing the threat to run the ball into the mix with a QB that is that hot is a recipe that not even one of the strongest defenses in the league can handle in my opinion. The key to this game is going to be if the sputtering Giants offense can somehow put together a good game vs the Packers defense who are banged up beyond recognition at the moment. The Packers cant afford to have anymore injuries in a secondary that had safeties playing man to man coverage last week because so many went down. Can the Giants score enough to stay in this game? I dont think so. This is a team averaging under 20 per game on the season and they have only scored 28 or more one time all year. I like the Packers to win by double digits in this game actually and I will most likely be on the team total over for the Packers if I can get anything to my liking. Rodgers knows with the aching defense he is going to have to put up a big number to be comfortable here. With Jordy Nelson back in the mix they look nearly unstoppable lately on offense.

Last edited:
Like the picks cover. And agree with the Raider thoughts. Two questionable QBs, so I'd rather have the points in what I think will be a close game. GL man.

Like the picks cover. And agree with the Raider thoughts. Two questionable QBs, so I'd rather have the points in what I think will be a close game. GL man.

Thanks cog, I like our chances this weekend but beyond that not so much.

Thanks KJ. Let's get it!

added plays

Raiders/Texans first H U17.5 -110
Seahawks first H -5.5 -110

Steelers TT O28 -125 2 units
Bell O110 rush yards -115 2 units

Bell gets fed and goes off today

7-2 +8.60 units for the opening weekend. Almost enough to dull the sting of the Raiders bowl out. Almost.

Back