Steelers to win Super Bowl +1200 4 units

Saturday

Texans +3.5 -115
Steelers -2.5. -110 2 units

Sunday

Seahawks -5 -110 2 units
Packers ML -115

Last edited:
Love the SEA play more motivation for sure after SB loss wilson over teddy all day gl

The supposed weather is a real concern here. This is lining up to be one of the coldest NFL game days ever. Saying a game time temp of like 1 degrees with a windchill as deep as -20. That would absolutely neutralize the passing game advantage that the Seahawks have but I still like them to win this game by double digits.

KC/Houston

this game for me comes down to two solid defensive squads and what the opposing offense can do vs them.

First things first Hali is playing very sparingly and has a club on his hand and Houston hasn't played in like 6 weeks so how effective can he possibly be? The KC defense has been opportunistic as hell during their 10 game win streak. I can remember on several instances where they basically won the game (Denver, Oakland, Baltimore). At this point in the season I find it hard to rely on capping turnovers in playoff games. KC has been out gained by several teams down the stretch and I see a bit of smoke and mirrors going on. If the Texans can take care of the ball they should be able to get points on the board.

No two ways about it, Houston's defense has been sick. They are flying off the ball and really getting after the QB. They also stuff the run. I think in front of a home crowd and on a fast field they are going to give the Chiefs offense all kinds of problems. They are number three in overall defense YPG. If they take away the run the Chiefs will be in big trouble.

Another thing I like to look at in playoff games is which team has the best players on the field offensively and defensively. Big time players make big time plays in big time games. The Texans have that player on both sides of the ball. Watt and Hopkins have the ability to take the team on their backs and get this win.

KC/Houston

this game for me comes down to two solid defensive squads and what the opposing offense can do vs them.

First things first Hali is playing very sparingly and has a club on his hand and Houston hasn't played in like 6 weeks so how effective can he possibly be? The KC defense has been opportunistic as hell during their 10 game win streak. I can remember on several instances where they basically won the game (Denver, Oakland, Baltimore). At this point in the season I find it hard to rely on capping turnovers in playoff games. KC has been out gained by several teams down the stretch and I see a bit of smoke and mirrors going on. If the Texans can take care of the ball they should be able to get points on the board.

No two ways about it, Houston's defense has been sick. They are flying off the ball and really getting after the QB. They also stuff the run. I think in front of a home crowd and on a fast field they are going to give the Chiefs offense all kinds of problems. They are number three in overall defense YPG. If they take away the run the Chiefs will be in big trouble.

Another thing I like to look at in playoff games is which team has the best players on the field offensively and defensively. Big time players make big time plays in big time games. The Texans have that player on both sides of the ball. Watt and Hopkins have the ability to take the team on their backs and get this win.

Thanks for the thoughts... GL CDS

Pitt/Cinci

This game comes down to experience for me. We have superbowl winner Tomlin vs 0-6 in the playoffs Marvin Lewis. We have two time superbowl winner Ben vs AJ making just his 4th NFL start and first playoff start. Sure the loss of Deangelo Williams is going to hurt but I'm not so sure it hurts here. I believe that Williams benefited this season because teams had to respect the passing game so much that it cleared lanes for him to run. In the bengals last three games since AJ has been their starter the have a 2-1 record but looking a bit deeper they have been out gained in each of those games and they have been diced up by three very average QBs in the process.....

Gabbert 295 1 TD
Osweiler 299 1 TD
Mallett 292 1 TD

In the contest where Dalton was injured vs the Steelers Ben only tossed for 280 and 0 TD passes. I believe that this works in favor of the Steelers in a big way. If I was Tomlin I would only run the ball to keep the bengals honest in this game and have Ben throw the ball 45 times. There just isn't any way I see the Bengals secondary keeping up with all the receiving threats that the Steelers can line up.

The Steelers give up only 3.8 yards per rush and that is good for 3rd best in the NFL. They have one of the leagues worst pass defense but what they do is get sacks. (3rd in the league) and force turnovers (3rd in the league). I'm not going to cap the turnover thing but keep in mind they are facing a very inexperienced QB who tossed a pick six last time he saw this team. If the Steelers can stuff the run and make AJ try and beat them I really like their chances in this game.

Packers 2nd H TT o11.5 -120 3 units

no way will this team let up in light of what happened to them last time they were in the playoffs and had a halftime lead against the Seahawks last year. They will try and put the Redskins away early and often.

Back