CDSs Week 4 NFL

Coverdatspred

Curious About George Costanza‘s Modeling Career
2021 Season
22-18 +1.45 units

Trending in the right direction and starting to get a handle on things a bit. After a rough week 1 and a week 2 where I was able to tread water things went well in week 3. Lets keep this rolling!

Some week three thoughts.....

Carolina Vs Houston. Carolina kept it rolling and I have said it since week 1, this is a good team. Very well balanced and Darnold is playing very good football. Unfortunately the injury to CMC hurts badly. Lets see what some adversity does to them. Houston was downright terrible with Mills. Not much else to say.
Washington Vs Buffalo. I think what many on this board saw coming was what happened. Buffalo got right on offense in this one in a big way after struggling through the first two weeks. Josh Allen spread the ball around evenly and just picked apart Washington. Washington on defense has been very overrated to start the year. They have a ton of work to do as they have been soundly beat on that side of the ball.
Indy Vs Tennessee. Wentz played hurt and it looked like it. So far Indy has been very underwhelming on all sides of the ball this year. Tennessee has found its formula again with Henry over 100 yards on the ground and Tannehill tossing TD passes.
Atlanta Vs NYG. Why did I ever think betting on the Giants was a good idea? I guess I thought it might be better than betting on Atlanta. Both of these teams looked pretty bad.
Baltimore Vs Detroit. Again the Lions were competitive. If not for a 66 yard FG that banked in they would have won this game. They will continue to be a live dog if they continue to show up like this. As for Baltimore, I have been saying for a while now that Baltimore should be surrounding Lamar with pass catching threats. Now that their stable of running backs has gone down its catching up to them. I saw several perfectly thrown balls just bounce off the hands of receivers in this game. Hollywood Brown has terrible hands. Lamar needs weapons on offense other than a tight end.
Arizona Vs Jacksonville. This was actually a good game for about 2 and a half quarters. Jacksonville found a run game and were stuffing it down Arizona's throats. Then Murray took over in the second half and it ended up like it was always going to end up. How long before Urban cant take this anymore and finds an out? Arizona vs LAR this week will be a fun game to watch. Lots of offense on tap. Remember when people thought Kingsbury was crazy for picking Kyler Murray when they had just spent a number one pick the year before on Josh Rosen? LOL.
LAC Vs KC. This was a good game. The Chargers are a very good football team. Herbert just continues to impress week after week. Some of the throws he made in this game were jaw dropping. As for KC they do not look right, I think they will get it together but they do not have the look of a team that can not be beat that they had a couple years ago. Seems like the blueprint to beat them has been passed around and they need to adjust a bit. This is a very good 1-2 team though no doubt about that.
Chicago vs Cleveland. All those Bears fans screaming for Justin Fields got what they wanted. An inexperienced rookie. Now Nagy is coming out and saying the job is up for grabs. Dude, you gotta let the kid take his lumps now that he is in there. You cant play with his head and switch QBs every week. Thats not how you build confidence in a rookie. As for the Browns, they did what they should have done. They beat an average team with a rookie QB. They did so handily though and they continue to look like a very good team. The Browns have the Vikings, the Cardinals and the Chargers on tap. We will know a lot about this team in the next month.
New Orleans Vs New England. I think this Saints team is settling into who they are a bit. They are going to play solid defense and run the ball and not let Jameis lose games for them. It seems to be a solid formula so far. As for New England its a work in progress for sure. Mac Jones is not ready to take a game over and throw downfield to win yet. If the Patriots get behind early things are going to look very ugly for a while. I dont have any idea how they stay within two touchdowns of the Bucs this week. New England has not faced anyone who can throw the ball yet so this will be a huge test of their defense.
Pitt Vs Cincinnati. I said it after week 1, Ben is finished. He looks old and VERY slow. He cant move the pocket anymore to extend plays which was always his bread and butter. They are banged up on defense and they just look like a very bad team right now. Whats worse is that they can not run the ball either. I am not sure how they fix it as long as Ben is at QB. The Bengals are not great but they certainly have a lot of blocks in place to build upon. They look like they got another special one in Ja marr Chase. He looks like he is faster and better out there than who he is playing against. I think with the offensive weapons in Cinci they will be in a lot of games till the end.
NYJ vs Denver. The Jets are bad and are already in disarray. I guess Sam Darnold was not your problem was he? As for the Broncos I have no idea who they are yet. They are 3-0 but have played the most cupcake schedule I have ever seen to begin the year. In the next two weeks they have the Ravens who are struggling and the Steelers who are terrible before they meet the Raiders for their first division game.
Miami Vs Las Vegas. Another week and another horrible situation for the Raiders yet they still came away with a win. We knew Miami would come to play after being embarrassed by Buffalo the week prior. This game and the game two weeks ago in Pittsburgh are the types of games the Raiders would have for sure lost in years past. Carr is playing out of his mind right now and would for sure be the league MVP after three weeks in my opinion. Whats more is that the Raiders have been actually competent on defense. If they continue to have a top 15 ish defense in points scored this will be a very good team because on the offensive side of the ball there are weapons galore suddenly. I can not wait to see how the game this week vs the Chargers plays out because I think the Chargers are one of the best in the league right now.
Seattle Vs Minnesota. Seattle just looked flat in this one from the outset. That being said I have to give credit to the Vikings who are a much better team at this point than I thought they would be. Cousins actually looks like he is on one of those hot streaks that he goes on every year for a few games. I wonder how much Seattle got caught looking ahead to the Niners and the Rams in the next two weeks here.
Tampa Vs LAR. This game played out pretty much exactly how I expected it to. The Tampa defense is not at all what it was at the end of the year last year right now and they can be beat. The Rams match up very well with them, especially on defense where they can apply interior pressure which is Brady's worst problem. I am going to go ahead and say this now. Stafford and McVay are a match made in football heaven. I was critical of the trade when it went down because the Rams gave up so much but they look super smart right about now. He is an amazing fit for this offense. He has been nearly perfect in the first three weeks. The Rams have Arizona and Seattle back to back in the next two weeks, should be fun to watch.
Green Bay Vs San Francisco. This caught me off guard a bit. I knew the Packers had this in them but I did not think it was going to happen this week. They looked great and they looked like a team that can beat you on the ground and through the air at will. The improvement between week 1 and week 3 make it plainly obvious that Rodgers performance in week 1 was on purpose. He wont be called out for it but to my eyes its obvious. As for the Niners the injuries at running back are hurting bad right now. Their team on both sides of the ball is built on running the football and they are having trouble doing so at the moment. I think its actually hurting the defense more than the offense right now game plan wise though.
Philly Vs Dallas. Dallas really showed up to play in this game. Philly had no answers to what Dallas was doing on offense all night long. They literally did whatever they wanted. Both Zeke and Pollard got huge chunks every time they touched the ball and Dak only had 5 incomplete passes on the night. Philly has a lot of work to do. The Cowboys might actually be cooking with something if they can keep building on this formula. They are actually playing well defensively which is amazing considering what that defense looked like a year ago. Offensively they are stacked and Dak seems to have really figured things out.

Thursday

Sunday

WFT -125
Vikings TT o25.5 -115
Cowboys -4.5 -110
Bills first H -10 -110 2 units
Cards/Rams o54 -115 2 units
Seahawks TT o24.5 -105
Bucs -7 -110
Packers -6.5 -110
Lions +3 -110

Monday