CDSs Week 1 NFL

Coverdatspred

Curious About George Costanza‘s Modeling Career
2019 season record
1-0

As always my bets are one unit to win whatever on dogs and to win one unit on juice unless otherwise stated

Thursday
Packers +3 -110 W

Sunday
Ravens -7 -115
Eagles TT o27.5 -115
Colts/Chargers o44.5 -110
Steelers TT o21.5 -115
Jets -3 -110
Bucs pk -110
Chargers -4 -110

10 pt teaser

Eagles -.5/SeahawksPK/Ravens+3 -120 to win 2 units

Last edited:
Just reading the tea leaves a bit here. Jacoby is being held from the preseason dress rehearsal and Luck is still not practicing. I don’t think Luck plays week one. Jacoby is a very capable backup but I think the Chargers are chomping at the bit here for the home opener with no Luck a big possibility. If Luck plays I may reconsider this.

I haven’t been following this that closely but certainly appreciate the thought... must be worse that imagined.

I haven’t been following this that closely but certainly appreciate the thought... must be worse that imagined.
Luck has been saying it’s a calf. Owner is saying ankle and GM is saying something different. Very strange situation for sure. Last time they danced around the issue was his shoulder and he sat the whole year. Either way he has had this injury since April, whatever it is should be healed by now. It’s not.

Wait until everyone finds out he’s just not that into football anymore coupled with being a pussy. And that he held off on a postseason announcement until now so Irsay didn’t lose half of his season ticket holders.....

Are colts fans really that soft that there would be unpurchased tickets? Jesus I had to wait 11 years on a wait list to get Eagles season tickets, and we had some baaaaad seasons. But you just don't give up your season tickets here in philly no matter whos qb or what the team looks like

great call on this play btw, way to forsee all of that happening. you could definitely tell something wasn't right with the way everything was going down

Just reading the tea leaves a bit here. Jacoby is being held from the preseason dress rehearsal and Luck is still not practicing. I don’t think Luck plays week one. Jacoby is a very capable backup but I think the Chargers are chomping at the bit here for the home opener with no Luck a big possibility. If Luck plays I may reconsider this.

You have some very impressive tea leaves!! Shame you didn’t get chargers at -3, woulda given you incredible middle opp!! Still assume has to be tempting to grab +7? I’m actually pretty close to pulling trigger on colts at that number. Brisset should be able to keep this team in games. Imo the difference gonna be they don’t win those handful of games a guy like luck pulls out when things not going right or just tight games. Still think they will be in them:,

Gl this season

Are colts fans really that soft that there would be unpurchased tickets? Jesus I had to wait 11 years on a wait list to get Eagles season tickets, and we had some baaaaad seasons. But you just don't give up your season tickets here in philly no matter whos qb or what the team looks like

great call on this play btw, way to forsee all of that happening. you could definitely tell something wasn't right with the way everything was going down

Retirement was obviously shocking but seemed like something clearly had to be way more wrong than they were letting on, i mean guy hadn’t practiced anything all year!!

It kept me from proclaiming colts as a contender, every thought I discussed w ppl bout them was w the “assuming luck is healthy” warning attached, lol. Still don’t know wtf is really wrong w his leg! Does anyone?

Not quite understanding the “are colts fans that soft”? WHat you mean? Cause they don’t want season tickets to a 8-8 team? Be better to go boo and throw batteries? Smart seems more accurate than soft, you couldn’t pay me to go to all 8 home games of a good team, maybe 1, preferably a prime time cause much rather sit in front of TVs seeing all the games on Sunday than paying 15 bucks a beeer to be at stadium, and for a bad team (not that colts are bad)? No freaking chance!!

Last edited:
Not quite understanding the “are colts fans that soft”? WHat you mean? Cause they don’t want season tickets to a 8-8 team? Be better to go boo and throw batteries? Smart seems more accurate than soft, you couldn’t pay me to go to all 8 home games of a good team, maybe 1, preferably a prime time cause much rather sit in front of TVs seeing all the games on Sunday than paying 15 bucks a beeer to be at stadium, and for a bad team (not that colts are bad)? No freaking chance!!

Well in cities with true fanbases, if you give up the season tickets, you aren't getting them back when the team is good. That is why Eagles fans suffered through the mid to late 90s and then had the tickets for the McNabb/Reid era. Then they suffered through Chip Kelly and were rewarded with what we have now. I guess in Indy you can just cancel when you don't like the team and then buy em again if you are excited about them?

Also, Colts fans are being gigantic babies. They had Manning for over a decade and then lucked (no pun intended) into another franchise qb, and now that something bad happened they are crying like babies? Yes, soft would be the word I would use. Also, Brissett isn't bad and they could still very well win the south! I actually like them at the number the line has risen to.

Finally, don't bring up the battery thing, it was 1996. Over the last 20 years, Philly fans have been incident free for the most part while other stadiums have had flat out murders! But philly still gets the "oh they booed santa and throw batteries" bullshit. Sorry, sensitive subject!

I agree with your point about watching at home; I do sell 4 of my 8 games every year and look to go mostly to prime time games when there are not other NFL games on. But I also know that if I give em up, im also giving up playoff tickets and the rest of the perks and it took me years on the wait list to get em. And if Wentz got hurt I wouldn't be on the phone with the sales reps crying about a refund.

Well in cities with true fanbases, if you give up the season tickets, you aren't getting them back when the team is good. That is why Eagles fans suffered through the mid to late 90s and then had the tickets for the McNabb/Reid era. Then they suffered through Chip Kelly and were rewarded with what we have now. I guess in Indy you can just cancel when you don't like the team and then buy em again if you are excited about them?

Also, Colts fans are being gigantic babies. They had Manning for over a decade and then lucked (no pun intended) into another franchise qb, and now that something bad happened they are crying like babies? Yes, soft would be the word I would use. Also, Brissett isn't bad and they could still very well win the south! I actually like them at the number the line has risen to.

Finally, don't bring up the battery thing, it was 1996. Over the last 20 years, Philly fans have been incident free for the most part while other stadiums have had flat out murders! But philly still gets the "oh they booed santa and throw batteries" bullshit. Sorry, sensitive subject!

I agree with your point about watching at home; I do sell 4 of my 8 games every year and look to go mostly to prime time games when there are not other NFL games on. But I also know that if I give em up, im also giving up playoff tickets and the rest of the perks and it took me years on the wait list to get em. And if Wentz got hurt I wouldn't be on the phone with the sales reps crying about a refund.

“If” wentz been hurt and prob will be bunch more!! you a better fan than me, I don’t particularly care about any team all that much.

You have some very impressive tea leaves!! Shame you didn’t get chargers at -3, woulda given you incredible middle opp!! Still assume has to be tempting to grab +7? I’m actually pretty close to pulling trigger on colts at that number. Brisset should be able to keep this team in games. Imo the difference gonna be they don’t win those handful of games a guy like luck pulls out when things not going right or just tight games. Still think they will be in them:,

Gl this season

I really considered taking the +7 for sure. Especially given the loss of Derwin James and Russell Okung as well as no Melvin Gordon. In the end though I just think the Chargers will be fine in this one and they will have enough to win this game by a touchdown. I think there will be plenty of chances to cash in on the Colts in the next few weeks because Brisset is a damn good backup plan.

Added games

Sunday
Ravens -7 -115
Eagles TT o27.5 -115
Colts/Chargers o44.5 -110

10 pt teaser

Eagles -.5/SeahawksPK/Ravens+3 -120 to win 2 units

Jumping back and forth a bit as its really hard to get a read on opening weekend. I think Im going to concentrate harder on the obvious games where there is major talent disparities.

The Miami locker room was up in arms after the team traded away Tunsil and effectively announced to the world that they are tanking this season. I think the Ravens go down there and put them away early and just run and control the ball in the second half. The heat is a major concern obviously but I think the talent levels are not even close here.

I think the Eagles name their score against the Skins in all honesty. Obviously there is a pause here because it is a divisional rival but I just dont see how the Skins stay in this game.

I think the Steelers will be ready and will be able to move the ball on the Pats in this one. Teams have been able to catch the Pats early in the season and put up some numbers on them and I expect the same here. Esp since AB will now be smiling on the opposite sideline.

I still like the Chargers to beat the Colts but I think there is a big over reaction to Jacoby here. He is not a bad qb and the Chargers are missing their best player on defense.

As for the picks I posted early in the week I like the Bucs to show up big in the first Arians era game and put up a lop sided number vs a bad Niners defense. The Niners get to travel East for an early start and deal with some crazy heat and humidity.

I am high on the Jets this year, I think they make a big jump in Darnolds second year. I think the league gets a reminder about how good Bell is in this game. The Bills are no slouch but I like the Jets roster better in this game.

The Seahawks will name their score vs the Bengals who get to open the year in the hardest place to play in the NFL with no AJ Green. Have fun Andy.

Back