CCon the Contrarian's MNF play plus write up

Ccon the Contrarian

Lions +10 at Seahawks

In a Monday night match up between two teams and organizations trending in opposite directions the Seahawks look to build off their blowout win versus the Bears. While the Lions are 0-3 and coming off a winnable game at home versus the Broncos but just had too many turnovers to and ended up losing ruining away. Turnovers have been a problem for Detroit who lead the NFC with 8 through 3 games. It doesn't get any easier as they travel to Seattle to face a turnover creating machine with the Seahawks defense. The Lions defense has struggled all season giving up over yards through the air and on the ground in chunks. To add insult to injury the Seahawks have only lost at home 2 times in their last 24 games, winning their last seven. Some overlooked points though are Marshawn Lynch is out and despite what seamed to be a dominating performance against the Bears really wasn't. The Bears were without Cutler and couldn't move the ball. The Seahawks scored a touchdown off a kickoff return and the offense struggled to move the ball. The Seahawks will also be without their run stopper in Brandon Mebane, so the Lions should be able to get something going on the ground and run the clock. Detroit was also hurt in its first three games by turnovers as I mentioned before, so if they can cut down on these this will definitely help their chances of keeping it close.

Vegas Impact:

Books are reporting a split on sharp action on this game receiving large wagers on both Lions and Seahawks. The public is backing the Seahawks more then the Lions but not very drastic. Where the discrepancy comes to play are teaser and parlays. This game has received the second most parlay/teaser tickets thus far, behind the packers for week 4, and its overwhelmingly on the Seahawks at over 95%. I'm taking the ten points and the Vegas side.

Lions +10 is my play

good call...looks like vegas made their impact. Out of curiousity, how were you able to know how the money was flowing on the teasers/parlays? Is there a site that shows percentage on exotic wagers?

"This game has received the second most parlay/teaser tickets thus far, behind the packers for week 4, and its overwhelmingly on the Seahawks at over 95%."

good call...looks like vegas made their impact. Out of curiousity, how were you able to know how the money was flowing on the teasers/parlays? Is there a site that shows percentage on exotic wagers?

"This game has received the second most parlay/teaser tickets thus far, behind the packers for week 4, and its overwhelmingly on the Seahawks at over 95%."

For starters you can use Sports Insights... they provide an average of offshore books. I use that and have a contact at a lv book.

Back