CBSsportsline is reporting June Jones "hot and heavy" to UCLA...

Hawaiiguy

Big Kahuna
LINK

Personally, I dont believe it, but it would make sense....

If it is true...

Fuck me.....

Fuck hawaii....

Back to the stone ages......

:36_11_6:

Man it does make sense but I just don't see him leaving...
yeah man me too.....

this is where it gets scary.....

June Jones flew up to Los Angeles to be on the Best Damn Sports Show this morning.....

Everyone asked, Who the hell would fly to LA to be on a show for 10 minutes and fly back home???????

I think he interviewed up there at UCLA.....

Hawaii,
Just like it is here at Tech, it is a system. There's got to be competent assistant coaches that know the system well enough to execute it on their own.

Hawaii,
Just like it is here at Tech, it is a system. There's got to be competent assistant coaches that know the system well enough to execute it on their own.

Yeah, I could see the whole staff going.....

Unlike TTech, the creator of the Run and Shoot was with us until last year as the Assistant Coach, Mouse Davis.....

So if June Jone leaves, you have the creator of the R&S and the disciple (JJ) gone.....

JJ runs the whole offense, there are no assistant offensive coaches, it woulda been 100 year old Mouse Davis if he didnt leave...

how much loyalty does jones have for his defensive coaching staff?

cuz i think a big issue might be that UCLA is telling the candidates that the DC, DeWayne Walker, has to be retained........which I think would also mean the whole defensive staff.

thats why a name like Norm Chow would make sense since he'd come in and control one side of the program and leave the defense to Walker.

a lot of UCLA fans think the job will eventually go to Walker, which is something im not entirely against since it seems there's no chance for Peterson.

how much loyalty does jones have for his defensive coaching staff?

cuz i think a big issue might be that UCLA is telling the candidates that the DC, DeWayne Walker, has to be retained........which I think would also mean the whole defensive staff.

thats why a name like Norm Chow would make sense since he'd come in and control one side of the program and leave the defense to Walker.

a lot of UCLA fans think the job will eventually go to Walker, which is something im not entirely against since it seems there's no chance for Peterson.

I hope this is all a moot point.....

Norm Chow is awesome, problem is there is a reason he gets turned down for every HC job......I know his kids (old like me)..... Norm is truly mild mannered and a nice guy.....lot of programs just dont see him as a HC.....the brains behind the curtain kind of guy......

Loyalty to our DC McMackin is very very high......I can't see Jones leaving without McMackin......

I'd be shocked it UCLA signed a retread like Jones. If I was UCLA I'd go hot and heavy after Muschamp or Tenuta. A young fire breather that can recruit. Going after Jones is kinda like going after a cadaver that's good at techmo bowl.

June Jones discredits link to UCLA<!--endheadline--> <!-- LIST NON-EMBEDDED ASSETS AT THE TOP --><!-- STORY CHAT ANCHOR LINK -->

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana][SIZE=-2][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana][SIZE=-2]By Ferd Lewis
Advertiser Staff Writer
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=1 align=right border=0><!-- MAIN PHOTO --><!-- MAIN PHOTO --><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=0 width=100 align=left bgColor=#f0e8d9 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana][SIZE=-2]June Jones
[/SIZE][/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR height=10><TD width=10>
transparent.gif
</TD><TD width=188>
transparent.gif
</TD></TR><!-- MAIN FACT BOX--><!-- TOPIX RELATED ARTICLES --><!-- SOURCE CALL TO SET JAVASCRIPT VARIABLES --><!-- Get Related Links from Topix --><SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--// preset the variables to keep from getting js errors if the get content failsvar topixcats = [ ];var topixcrawled = 0;// Retrive js variables from topixvar topixcats = [];var topixcrawled = 0;//--></SCRIPT><STYLE type=text/css><!--.topix {font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana; font-size: 8pt; font-weight: normal; color: #333333; text-decoration: none}.topixLink {font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana; font-size: 8pt; font-weight: normal; color: #990000; text-decoration: underline}.topixLink:hover {font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana; font-size: 8pt; font-weight: normal; color: #003366; text-decoration: underline}--></STYLE><SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--var topixID=7016;if ( topixcats.length > 0 ){ document.write('<tr><td></td><td>'); document.write('<table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%" bgcolor="#f0e8d9" class="subHeadline">'); document.write('<tr><td colspan="2">RELATED NEWS FROM THE WEB
</td></tr>'); document.write('<tr><td colspan="2">Latest headlines by topic:
'); document.write('<tr><td colspan="2">'); for( i = 0; i < topixcats.length; i++ ) { document.write('• ' + topixcats.name + '
'); } document.write('</td></tr>'); document.write('<tr><td colspan="2">Powered by Topix.net
</td></tr>'); document.write('</td></tr>'); document.write('</table>'); document.write('</td></tr>'); document.write('<tr height="10"><td>
transparent.gif
</td><td width="188">
transparent.gif
</td></tr>');}//--></SCRIPT><TR><TD></TD><TD><!-- TOPJOBS CAN GO HERE --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]
University of Hawai'i football coach June Jones branded as "an absolute lie" a report in the Los Angeles Daily News that he has let UCLA know he is interested in the Bruins' vacant head coaching position.
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]The newspaper reported Friday that its sources said Jones "is a candidate of interest for Bruins athletic director Dan Guerrero."
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]Jones said yesterday: "That's an absolute lie. That's all I've got to say."
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]Jones was in California last week for a television show.
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]Speculation about possible job options for Jones, including UCLA, has been rife as he counts down the final months on his current five-year contract that expires June 30, 2008.
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]UCLA fired head coach Karl Dorrell Monday after going 35-27 over five seasons. Dorrell received a reported $881,000 plus bonuses. Jones currently makes $800,016 plus bonuses. Half of his base salary is paid through donations, the school said.
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]Jones, with a 76-40 record, has won the most games of anyone at UH against an all-college schedule.
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]A group of prominent Hawai'i businessmen and UH boosters this past week assembled $100,000 in $2,000 donations from 50 individuals and companies to "thank and support" Jones, according to Walter Dods, one of the fundraisers.
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]The Warriors (12-0) will play Georgia (10-2) in the Sugar Bowl on Jan. 1.
[/SIZE][/FONT]<!-- SHIRTTAIL --><!-- Check for "contributed" --><!-- Check for Mike Hughes --><!-- TAGLINE -->[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]Reach Ferd Lewis at flewis@honoluluadvertiser.com.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

like i figured, UCLA told Jones that Walker would have be his DC and Jones told them to fuck off.

http://www.insidesocal.com/ucla/2007/12/june_jones.html#comments

im really not sure what to feel about this. on one hand Jones runs an offense that the fuking Patriots are copy catting.

on the other, Walker knows UCLA and the lame restrictions the administration and academic committee place on the program, knows the recruiting and most importantly, knows sc.

this thing is basically down to Walker or Chow. Hiring Chow might make up for blowing it with Jones.

Back