CBS top 50 NFL Players

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
It's about time, some will say. Right, New England?
1. Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots: Can he do any more than he did last season? The scary thing for the rest of the league is, yes he can.
2. Peyton Manning, QB, Indianapolis Colts: Even Manning's down seasons are sensational. If Marvin Harrison is back this year, watch out.
3. LaDainian Tomlinson, RB, San Diego Chargers: His failure to play in the AFC Championship Game hurts his rep some, but he's still the best runner in the game.
4. Randy Moss, WR, New England Patriots: Talk about resurrecting a reputation. He wasn't on many top 50 lists a year ago. Now he's a top 10 player.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=175 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD width=175>
img10877584.jpg
</TD><TD width=15> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=175>There is nobody better at cover corner than Champ Bailey. (Getty Images) </TD><TD width=15> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>5. Champ Bailey, CB, Denver Broncos: It's chic to pick his game apart. That's foolish. Bailey is still the best cover corner in the game.
6. Mario Williams, DE, Houston Texans: Williams is making the Texans proud for passing on Reggie Bush and Vince Young to take this pass rusher. He might have been the league's best defensive player in the final eight weeks of 2007.
7. Bob Sanders, S, Indianapolis Colts: The only thing holding him back is the injury issues. When he's on the field, the Colts have a different defense.
8. Carson Palmer, QB, Cincinnati Bengals: After Brady and Manning he's the third-best quarterback. The Bengals need to run it a little better to take the heat off him.
9. DeMarcus Ware, OLB, Dallas Cowboys: He was given more freedom in Wade Phillips' version of the 3-4 and played better in 2007. Ware is a speed rusher who has his best football still in front of him.
10. Kevin Williams, DT, Minnesota Vikings: He is a powerful inside player who teams with Pat Williams to form the best tackle tandem in the league. He is good against the run, yet quick enough to get pass-rush penetration.
11. Shawne Merriman, LB, San Diego Chargers: Merriman is a pass-rush force off the edge. His quickness and power are the perfect combination for the Chargers' 3-4 system. You have to account for him on every pass play.
12. Jared Allen, DE, Minnesota Vikings: He led the league in sacks last season with the Chiefs. The Vikings added him to give them the best defensive line in the league. Allen plays hard all the time.
13. Terrell Owens, WR, Dallas Cowboys: Forget all the theatrics. He's a star player. He bounced back from his off 2006 season to be one of the best last season. I'd take him on my team any day.
14. Albert Haynesworth, DT, Tennessee Titans: Before he got hurt midway through last season, he was on his way to a potential Defensive Player of the Year award. When motivated, he is as good as anybody inside.
15. Adrian Peterson, RB, Minnesota Vikings: Peterson was special as a rookie and should be even better this time around. He is a big, strong and fast and can rip off the big runs with an Eric Dickerson-like ease.
16. Walter Jones, T, Seattle Seahawks: Jones is a rock on the left side of the Seattle line. He is a great pass protector who has improved as a run blocker.
17. Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Pittsburgh Steelers: At 26, he's entering his prime. Roethlisberger has developed into a quality passer. Playing behind a bad line last year, he hung in tough and led the Steelers to a division title.
18. Charles Woodson, CB, Green Bay Packers: Ask Packers insiders who was better last season, Woodson or Pro Bowl player Al Harris. The answer is Woodson. After Bailey, I'd take him over all other corners.
19. Steve Hutchinson, G, Minnesota Vikings: He wasn't his usual self in his first season with the Vikings in 2006, but bounced back to his dominating form last year.
20. Brian Westbrook, RB, Philadelphia Eagles: It's scary to think what the Eagles offense would be like without him. He's a better runner inside the tackles than many expected and he's good in the passing game. He's a versatile weapon.
21. Steve Smith, WR, Carolina Panthers: He was hurt last season when Jake Delhomme went down. It doesn't help that Smith has little help on the other side. Defenses all double him.
22. Reggie Wayne, WR, Indianapolis Colts: When Marvin Harrison was out last season, Wayne emerged as the team's go-to receiver. The guess here is that is that it stays that way. He's a true star now.
23. Ed Reed, S, Baltimore Ravens: He is the prototype modern safety: rangy and can still tackle. He is what safeties like Roy Williams wish they could be.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=175 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD width=175>
img10877585.jpg
</TD><TD width=15> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=175>Antonio Gates is so dangerous that double coverage can't stop him. (Getty Images) </TD><TD width=15> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>24. Antonio Gates, TE, San Diego Chargers: When the Chargers need a first down through the air, Gates is that guy. And he does it facing constant double-coverage.
25. Dwight Freeney, DE, Indianapolis Colts: He's coming off a serious foot injury, which is a concern. It's why his ranking is down. When he's truly healthy, he's a top 15 player.
26. Andre Johnson, WR, Houston Texans: Injuries limited him last season, but Johnson is one of the best when he's on the field. The Texans were a different team without him last season.
27. Jason Peters, T, Buffalo Bills: I love young, rising players like Peters. He plays with a mean streak. Watching him play is like watching a defensive player go at it.
28. Chad Johnson, WR, Cincinnati Bengals: He isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is. But he's still pretty damn good. He does have a tendency to disappear in big games.
29. Nnamdi Asomugha, CB, Oakland Raiders: DeAngelo Hall might get more attention on the other side this season, but Asomugha is a better player. He's been overlooked for the past two seasons.
30. Richard Seymour, DE, New England Patriots: He played hurt last season and wasn't the same player as in years past. But he's still one of the best when he's healthy.
31. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Arizona Cardinals: The Cardinals gave him a new contract in March because he's their go-to guy. He teams with Anquan Boldin to form one of the top receiving duos.
32. Brian Urlacher, LB, Chicago Bears: A few years back he was overrated. He's not anymore. Urlacher excels in the middle of the Chicago defense.
33. Steven Jackson, RB, St. Louis Rams: The offensive line woes of the Rams really hurt Jackson last season. That line will be better this season and his numbers will go up.
34. Braylon Edwards, WR, Cleveland Browns: Edwards was second to Moss with 16 receiving touchdowns in his third season in the league. He averaged 16.1 per catch and will only get better as he hits his prime.
35. Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints: For the second consecutive season, Brees put up huge numbers in the Saints offense. He might not be the biggest or have the strongest arm, but Brees knows how to throw the football.
36. Tommie Harris, DT, Chicago Bears: Harris is strong and quick. He had eight sacks last season, showing off his quickness. He can still hold the point against the run.
37. Asante Samuel, CB, Philadelphia Eagles: He had a big season at the right time, cashing in on a huge deal with the Eagles. He's great at playing the ball in the air, but some scouts think he freelances too much.
38. Shawn Andrews, G, Philadelphia Eagles: He's a huge guard at 6-4, 345 pounds and he shows off that power when blocking for the run. He improved in pass protection in 2007, although the Eagles line regressed as a whole.
39. Ernie Sims, LB, Detroit Lions: It's too bad more people don't get to watch him play. He's a fast linebacker who always seems to find his way to the football. He's a younger Derrick Brooks.
40. Lofa Tatupu, LB, Seattle Seahawks: He's a fierce tackler in the middle of that Seattle defense. He's not big at 6-feet tall, but he plays big. You can tell he loves the game.
41. Vince Wilfork, DT, New England Patriots: He was the best front-seven player on the Pats defense last season. He's a load in the middle. Moving him off the ball is tough for any center.
img10877586.jpg
</TD><TD width=15> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=175>The Giants are minus Strahan, so Osi Umenyiora's role just got bigger. (Getty Images) </TD><TD width=15> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>42. Osi Umenyiora, DE, New York Giants: His speed off the right side is a huge plus for the New York defense. Without Mike Strahan playing on the other side this season, it will be interesting to see how Umenyiora does now.
43. Patrick Willis, LB, San Francisco 49ers: It didn't take him long to establish himself as a top middle linebacker. He is fast, active and packs a punch. In a year or so, he might be the best insider linebacker in the game.
44. Kellen Winslow, TE, Cleveland Browns: He has emerged as one of the rising stars for a rising team. His ability to stretch the defense is vital to the Cleveland offense.
45. Aaron Kampman, DE, Green Bay Packers: He plays all out all the time. Despite being light at 265 pounds, he holds up against the run at left end quite well. He has speed and strength as a pass rusher.
46. Tony Gonzalez, TE, Kansas City Chiefs: He's one of those guys who doesn't seem to ever slow down. He had 99 catches last year in a bad offense.
47. Marcus Trufant, CB, Seattle Seahawks: He led all NFC corners with seven interceptions. He also got credit for 22 passes defensed. He has emerged as a top-tier corner.
48. Wes Welker, WR, New England Patriots: Yes, he belongs on this list. He had an amazing season as a slot receiver in 2007. Even when teams knew he was getting the football, he made plays.
49. Fred Taylor, RB, Jacksonville Jaguars: Taylor finally got his due last season with his first Pro Bowl appearance. At 32, he remains one of the biggest home-run threats in the league. His 5.4 per-carry average was second best among the league's best rushers to Peterson (5.6).
50. Devin Hester, KR, Chicago Bears: I don't normally put return men on these lists, but this guy has earned it. It will be interesting to see how long he can maintain it.
Just missed: Julius Peppers, DE, Carolina Panthers; Larry Johnson, RB, Kansas City Chiefs; Patrick Kerney, DE, Seattle Seahawks; Troy Polamalu, S, Pittsburgh Steelers; Adrian Wilson, S, Arizona Cardinals; Antonio Cromartie, CB, San Diego Chargers' Terence Newman, CB, Dallas Cowboys; DeMeco Ryans, LB, Houston Texans; Tony Romo, QB, Dallas Cowboys.

This lists is full of retardations

something that pisses me off the most was Carson Palmer being #8 and being the 3rd rated QB. Why? Someone please tell me why? What has this guy done other then great fantasy numbers. Fuck that. This guy sucks, he doesnt come through in the clutch, hes had more losing seasons then winning seasons. Fuck that. Big Ben is better then this guy and how this can be debated is beyond me. Superbowl winning, made the playoffs every year but one. Fuck that. Carson Palmer should be on the bottom of this list. Tony Romo just missed this list, what has Carson done that Tony hasnt? and the fact that Jason Taylor isnt on this list is beyond me.

Does the author of this list make football picks i can fade?

Unfortunatly he does not, and by the way most of these guys are a product of the system. Randy Moss being #4 is a joke. Wes Welker being on the list and Polamalu (and others) not being on the list is an even bigger joke. Seriously, would anyone here take Wes over Troy?

If Brisco made this list, then the dumbassness explains itself.

yes please give Big Ben the number #3 QB in football title already i'm just sick of it...

palmer is a bum and we will destroy that shitty ass team again this year...
Steelers-nfl-shade-logos1.gif

How is Chad not the best wr in football? Put Chad on NE to replace Randy and i bet Chad puts up better numbers than Randy.

chad should be no higher than #8

moss
smith
johnson
burress
houshmanzadeh
wayne
TO

the 4 below i would also take over him but they're younger so its not fair to say they're better, yet.

Calvin
Roy
Colston
Boldin

forgot about braylon. really not sure where he should go. probably the first list.

seriously tho, chad is small, has lost a step and is unreliable. dude thinks he's kobe the way he pouted in the offseason.

Chad in rec yds since 2003.

07 - 3rd (Wayne and Randy ahead)
06 - 1st
05 - 3rd (Smith and Santana)
04 - 6th (Moose, Horn, Javon, Holt, Bruce)
03 - 4th (Holt, Randy, Boldin)

I have no clue how Brees and Big Ben are below him. I wouldnt have Palmer anything better than 5th. And i dont even know if i would put him at 5.

One thing about Carson that you guys are overlooking is that the Bengals routinely have a bottom 5 or 6 defense in the league. The Bengals have to put up Colt or Patriots numbers just to be in the game. Not saying he is or isn't better than the other QB's but don't blame him for the Bengals not being that good. He has not had a very good defense behind him like Big Ben.

Wow at you guys...I came on CTG and found stillers.com...Pittsburgh homerism at its' best in this thread...

Big Ben is a great QB...yes

But saying Carson is garbage is just beyond ridiculous.

He is garbage.

I'm a major Trojan Alumn hater and I think you are garbage with your opinions. You take reality out of the situation and glare directly away from the big picture. Big Ben was a favorite of mine coming out of college and I said he would have more success than any other QB that year. Granted I didnt think he would win so quick but I was right. HOWEVER, the team has ALOT to do with Ben's success. Let's see how he looks without the best OL in football. To write Palmer off is ignorant. He may not be in the league with Brady and Manning but he is right there in the next tier.

Wes Welker hating? The guy is a menace and finally got in a system where the coach knew what to do with him. Are you saying he was a one hit wonder when he lead the entire NFL in receptions? I guarantee he has just as good if not a better year in 2008. The situation dictates the performance. And to top it off pound for pound Welker is likely the toughest player in the NFL. If you don't like Welker as a sports fan you likely have an issue with the Patriots and the fact that they have owned your favorite team whoever that may be.

Troy P. was a great player his first year or so and has essentially blown assignments and been in and out of the lineup for the past two years. I should know I had to drop his sorry underperforming ass in my dynasty league (TWICE). He appears to be the man but his numbers and performance dont pan out. Sure he has one game where he is all over the field but in general he overpursues and screws up far more often than is usually noted.

In general it takes a fantasy football playing non-homer fan to fairly critique players in a comparison. I love the Saints but I dont let team loyalty cause me to stroke the undeserving cocks of Saints players.
SO if you are a Steelers homer it at least explains your temporary insanity.

I am from Pittsburgh and I am a Steelers fan. Im just kidding when I say Palmer is garbage but I dont think he is as good as the media hype shim out to be, I would put 5 or 6 QB's ahead of him, he makes critical mistakes, in critical moments.

The fact that you think the Steelers OL was good last year is laughable.

Polamalu doing overrun a lot of plays because he constantly tries to go for the INT, but he tackles with the best of them, he rarely misses a tackle. Wes Welker? Hed succeed on maybe 2 or 3 other teams in the league. Does he have sucess? Yes, good for him, but is he one of the best players in the league? Hell no. The best players in the league shouldnt be players that suceed in one system and thats all, its player that can come in anywhere and suceed wherever. thats my opinion.

don't get your panties in a wad P&G. without that pats system welker wouldn't be a starter in the NFL. you are correct, situation dictates performance, obviously in this case. this is not top 50 best guys in a perfect scheme. this is top 50 players, individuals. i didn't say i didn't like him. he's is tough. i don't like NFL enough to support a team.

Mario Williams at 6 lmao. Jared Allen 12? Woodson top 20 (Im a huge packer fan and still find that ridicoulous). And Wes Welker is not a top 100 player in the league. You put him on the Redskins or something and he doesnt catch 50 balls i am guessing. The guy is the biggest system player in this league. What a joke.

Here we go with this system crap again.
You can only perform in the situation you are put in.

Please list Welker's failures up to this point.
The dude is fast and runs great routes and is virtually uncoverable when on a decent to good offense that has a QB that can deliver the ball in stride. Sure half the teams or more dont possess this situation but to just say he is no good and it is the system is simple minded.

In Miami as a young player he had shat for a QB and a pathetic team to say the least. I can understand hating on the Patriots but Welker is a rare breed in todays sports world. I will accept your reasoning if you actually present a little bit.

Or is it simply because he is a white WR?

Or explain how the "system" makes him. I realize he played alongside Moss and had Brady for a QB......is that the "system" you speaketh?

Cover 2 masks corner play. Just ask Jason David.

WC Offense QBs?

Playing next to a great DT helps you're numbers. See Tenny.

I think there is something to system players.

Madden 2009 Top 50 Rated

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>Rank</TD><TD>Team</TD><TD>First</TD><TD>Last</TD><TD>Pos</TD></TR><TR><TD>T1</TD><TD>New England Patriots</TD><TD>Tom</TD><TD>Brady</TD><TD>QB</TD></TR><TR><TD>T1</TD><TD>San Diego Chargers</TD><TD>Antonio</TD><TD>Gates</TD><TD>TE</TD></TR><TR><TD>T1</TD><TD>Indianapolis Colts</TD><TD>Peyton</TD><TD>Manning</TD><TD>QB</TD></TR><TR><TD>T1</TD><TD>New England Patriots</TD><TD>Randy</TD><TD>Moss</TD><TD>WR</TD></TR><TR><TD>T1</TD><TD>Indianapolis Colts</TD><TD>Bob</TD><TD>Sanders</TD><TD>SS</TD></TR><TR><TD>T1</TD><TD>San Diego Chargers</TD><TD>LaDainian</TD><TD>Tomlinson</TD><TD>HB</TD></TR><TR><TD>T7</TD><TD>Kansas City Chiefs</TD><TD>Tony</TD><TD>Gonzalez</TD><TD>TE</TD></TR><TR><TD>T7</TD><TD>Tennessee Titans</TD><TD>Albert</TD><TD>Haynesworth</TD><TD>DT</TD></TR><TR><TD>T7</TD><TD>Minnesota Vikings</TD><TD>Steve</TD><TD>Hutchinson</TD><TD>LG</TD></TR><TR><TD>T7</TD><TD>Dallas Cowboys</TD><TD>Terrell</TD><TD>Owens</TD><TD>WR</TD></TR><TR><TD>T7</TD><TD>Pittsburgh Steelers</TD><TD>Troy</TD><TD>Polamalu</TD><TD>SS</TD></TR><TR><TD>T7</TD><TD>Baltimore Ravens</TD><TD>Ed</TD><TD>Reed</TD><TD>FS</TD></TR><TR><TD>T7</TD><TD>Carolina Panthers</TD><TD>Steve</TD><TD>Smith</TD><TD>WR</TD></TR><TR><TD>T7</TD><TD>Miami Dolphins</TD><TD>Jason</TD><TD>Taylor</TD><TD>RE</TD></TR><TR><TD>T7</TD><TD>Chicago Bears</TD><TD>Brian</TD><TD>Urlacher</TD><TD>MLB</TD></TR><TR><TD>T7</TD><TD>Dallas Cowboys</TD><TD>DeMarcus</TD><TD>Ware</TD><TD>ROLB</TD></TR><TR><TD>T7</TD><TD>Minnesota Vikings</TD><TD>Pat</TD><TD>Williams</TD><TD>DT</TD></TR><TR><TD>T18</TD><TD>Minnesota Vikings</TD><TD>Jared</TD><TD>Allen</TD><TD>RE</TD></TR><TR><TD>T18</TD><TD>Denver Broncos</TD><TD>Champ</TD><TD>Bailey</TD><TD>CB</TD></TR><TR><TD>T18</TD><TD>Tennessee Titans</TD><TD>Keith</TD><TD>Bulluck</TD><TD>ROLB</TD></TR><TR><TD>T18</TD><TD>Dallas Cowboys</TD><TD>Leonard</TD><TD>Davis</TD><TD>RG</TD></TR><TR><TD>T18</TD><TD>Arizona Cardinals</TD><TD>Larry</TD><TD>Fitzgerald</TD><TD>WR</TD></TR><TR><TD>T18</TD><TD>St. Louis Rams</TD><TD>Steven</TD><TD>Jackson</TD><TD>HB</TD></TR><TR><TD>T18</TD><TD>Cincinnati Bengals</TD><TD>Chad</TD><TD>Johnson</TD><TD>WR</TD></TR><TR><TD>T18</TD><TD>Green Bay Packers</TD><TD>Aaron</TD><TD>Kampman</TD><TD>LE</TD></TR><TR><TD>T18</TD><TD>Oakland Raiders</TD><TD>Shane</TD><TD>Lechler</TD><TD>P</TD></TR><TR><TD>T18</TD><TD>San Diego Chargers</TD><TD>Shawne</TD><TD>Merriman</TD><TD>ROLB</TD></TR><TR><TD>T18</TD><TD>Buffalo Bills</TD><TD>Jason</TD><TD>Peters</TD><TD>LT</TD></TR><TR><TD>T18</TD><TD>Seattle Seahawks</TD><TD>Lofa</TD><TD>Tatupu</TD><TD>MLB</TD></TR><TR><TD>T18</TD><TD>Cleveland Browns</TD><TD>Joe</TD><TD>Thomas</TD><TD>LT</TD></TR><TR><TD>T18</TD><TD>New York Giants</TD><TD>Osi</TD><TD>Umenyiora</TD><TD>RE</TD></TR><TR><TD>T18</TD><TD>Indianapolis Colts</TD><TD>Reggie</TD><TD>Wayne</TD><TD>WR</TD></TR><TR><TD>T18</TD><TD>Philadelphia Eagles</TD><TD>Brian</TD><TD>Westbrook</TD><TD>HB</TD></TR><TR><TD>T18</TD><TD>San Diego Chargers</TD><TD>Jamal</TD><TD>Williams</TD><TD>DT</TD></TR><TR><TD>T18</TD><TD>Minnesota Vikings</TD><TD>Kevin</TD><TD>Williams</TD><TD>DT</TD></TR><TR><TD>T18</TD><TD>Houston Texans</TD><TD>Mario</TD><TD>Williams</TD><TD>RE</TD></TR><TR><TD>T18</TD><TD>Cleveland Browns</TD><TD>Kellen</TD><TD>Winslow</TD><TD>TE</TD></TR><TR><TD>T18</TD><TD>Dallas Cowboys</TD><TD>Jason</TD><TD>Witten</TD><TD>TE</TD></TR><TR><TD>T39</TD><TD>Philadelphia Eagles</TD><TD>Shawn</TD><TD>Andrews</TD><TD>RG</TD></TR><TR><TD>T39</TD><TD>Oakland Raiders</TD><TD>Nnamdi</TD><TD>Asomugha</TD><TD>CB</TD></TR><TR><TD>T39</TD><TD>New York Giants</TD><TD>Plaxico</TD><TD>Burress</TD><TD>WR</TD></TR><TR><TD>T39</TD><TD>Washington Redskins</TD><TD>London</TD><TD>Fletcher-Baker</TD><TD>MLB</TD></TR><TR><TD>T39</TD><TD>Pittsburgh Steelers</TD><TD>Casey</TD><TD>Hampton</TD><TD>DT</TD></TR><TR><TD>T39</TD><TD>Chicago Bears</TD><TD>Tommie</TD><TD>Harris</TD><TD>DT</TD></TR><TR><TD>T39</TD><TD>Houston Texans</TD><TD>Andre</TD><TD>Johnson</TD><TD>WR</TD></TR><TR><TD>T39</TD><TD>San Francisco 49ers</TD><TD>Andy</TD><TD>Lee</TD><TD>P</TD></TR><TR><TD>T39</TD><TD>New England Patriots</TD><TD>Logan</TD><TD>Mankins</TD><TD>LG</TD></TR><TR><TD>T39</TD><TD>Minnesota Vikings</TD><TD>Bryant</TD><TD>McKinnie</TD><TD>LT</TD></TR><TR><TD>T39</TD><TD>Cincinnati Bengals</TD><TD>Carson</TD><TD>Palmer</TD><TD>QB</TD></TR><TR><TD>T39</TD><TD>Carolina Panthers</TD><TD>Julius</TD><TD>Peppers</TD><TD>RE</TD></TR><TR><TD>T39</TD><TD>New York Jets</TD><TD>Kerry</TD><TD>Rhodes</TD><TD>SS</TD></TR><TR><TD>T39</TD><TD>Philadelphia Eagles</TD><TD>Asante</TD><TD>Samuel</TD><TD>CB</TD></TR><TR><TD>T39</TD><TD>Washington Redskins</TD><TD>Chris</TD><TD>Samuels</TD><TD>LT</TD></TR><TR><TD>T39</TD><TD>Indianapolis Colts</TD><TD>Jeff</TD><TD>Saturday</TD><TD>C</TD></TR><TR><TD>T39</TD><TD>New England Patriots</TD><TD>Richard</TD><TD>Seymour</TD><TD>RE</TD></TR><TR><TD>T39</TD><TD>San Francisco 49ers</TD><TD>Patrick</TD><TD>Willis</TD><TD>MLB</TD></TR><TR><TD>T39</TD><TD>Arizona Cardinals</TD><TD>Adrian</TD><TD>Wilson</TD><TD>SS</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:bow:Adrian Wilson

48. Wes Welker, WR, New England Patriots: Yes, he belongs on this list. He had an amazing season as a slot receiver in 2007. Even when teams knew he was getting the football, he made plays.

so 1 good season, playing the slot receiver at that, and he is now a Top 50 player?????:36_11_6:

Wes Welker would never be a #1 WR on any NFL team in the league.... not a single one!!!! it is absolutely absurd that he is on this list, yet Hines Ward somehow doesn't make it.....???

prisco is and always will be a fuckin' joke..... :shake:

i'm not saying he needs to top the list... but Welker ahead of Ward as a Top NFL Player?????

i don't exactly see numbers or the facts to support Welker being this high on a list of Top 50 NFL players, when the guy has had one productive season, and it just so happen to be on a team that was one of the best ever assembled....

do these really look like the numbers of a Top 50 NFL Player....??? come on now....

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=left><TD colSpan=15>Receiving</TD></TR><TR class=bg4 align=left><TD>Year</TD><TD>Team</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>GS</TD><TD>Rec</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Avg</TD><TD>Lg</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>20+</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>1st</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>2004</TD><TD align=left>Miami Dolphins</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>---</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>2005</TD><TD align=left>Miami Dolphins</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>434</TD><TD>15.0</TD><TD>47</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>20</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>2006</TD><TD align=left>Miami Dolphins</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>67</TD><TD>687</TD><TD>10.3</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>33</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>2007</TD><TD align=left>New England Patriots</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>112</TD><TD>1175</TD><TD>10.5</TD><TD>42</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>65</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 id=total_CAREER_RECEIVER vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD class=bg4 align=left>TOTAL</TD><TD class=bg4 align=left></TD><TD class=bg4>63</TD><TD class=bg4>16</TD><TD class=bg4>208</TD><TD class=bg4>2296</TD><TD class=bg4>11.0</TD><TD class=bg4>47</TD><TD class=bg4>9</TD><TD class=bg4>25</TD><TD class=bg4>3</TD><TD class=bg4>118</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Mogo,
I understand your points and you are likely correct about the #1 WR status. However, the dude lead the league in receptions the only year he ever started more than 2 games. You have to look at those stats and understand the dude went off his first year he ever had a chance. No one and I mean no one was going to look very good in the passing game for the pathetic Fins of the past few years.

Top 50 players? Again I agree that Welker is likely not in that discussion.
But Ward? Come on man he is a great blocker and another tough receiver but he is not in the top 20 WR discussion either when you are speaking of stats. As an all around WR many a coach would love to have him.

I was simply stating that we have serious Welker hating go on. But when I realized it was a Stillers love fest it all made sense. The Palmer hating stems from the cheap shot (not a cheap shot in Steelerland) that the Bengals claimed propelled you to the SuperBowl. And the Stiller fans hate on Welker because the Patriots are the Stillers daddy.

The very system argument used to discount Welker is the reason he had horrible stats his first few years along with the natural learning curve of the NFL that all but Randy Moss and Anquan Boldin had to overcome.

We all knew when looking at the list it would have biased listings and haterade omissions. To discredit Palmer and Welker and say the things that were said is just plain poppycock. Go white boys Go white boys Go!!!

Nathan Vasher means a lot to our defense. I think he is close to breaking top 50. We were shit when he was out last year.

Hard to take the list seriously when it has as many Tight Ends on it as offensive linemen.

Back