cavs on thurs...

a quick write up i guess is in order..i think we match up VERY well against Orlando...howard is a beast,no doubt about it but i simply do not think orlando is as good as a team as people think..yea they played unbelievable ball for a few weeks,ill give em that..but i watched very closely the orlando/boston game and was a very interested spectator and they simply were not on the same level got out played..z will be returning thurs as well..take it for what you want but the cavs have this game circled,i as a fan almost felt disrespected when the media kept hyping up that boston/orlando game as "the 2 best teams in the east" so i can only imagine what the cavs felt and they will come out with a chip on their shoulder..i imagine a line around 3 to 5..but dont think they will need the points..ive been dead on the last 4 games posted here and many more that werent posted..take it for what its worth...cavs 98-91

I think exactly the opposite here.

Few points:

1. Would feel better if Z was back tonight or even for another game. Been a long layoff.

2. This would be a HUGE blow to Orlando. Losing two consecutive Thursdays to the two best teams in conference. All the motivation and intangibles are there for Orlando.

If this was a different time of season I would agree.

jimbo- How many times have you bet against Cleveland this year, compared to how many times you've bet on them?

Orlando will definitely take this game. From what we saw today. Cleveland can't own the inside against taller defenders. If Big Z is in, this will be a different story. Varajao simply can not handle Dwight. If Cleveland puts both Wallace and Varajao on Dwight, the 3 pt killers will go off all night. Don't see a decent angle to take Cleveland...

usually think you're a little too homer with our cavs sometimes, but i agree with you 100% here. i'll be on the cavs tomorrow as well.

Orlando will definitely take this game. From what we saw today. Cleveland can't own the inside against taller defenders. If Big Z is in, this will be a different story. Varajao simply can not handle Dwight. If Cleveland puts both Wallace and Varajao on Dwight, the 3 pt killers will go off all night. Don't see a decent angle to take Cleveland...

i wouldn't base anything off of "what we saw yesterday". very flat spot at home for a single game with orlando around the corner after a tough, successful 4 game trip out west. coaches and players didn't have very many good things to say about that effort even though mo went off and lebron had a triple double---and it had to have been expected. the +14 should have been a lot easier than it was. this defensive effort will be night and day.

i will likely fade the cavs 4 or 5 more times before the all-star game, but this won't be one of them. they've had this one circled. there has been 2 losses (maybe even 1) that the cavs were in good spot for this season. all of the other losses were bad for them situationally.

nothing situationally, with the exception of maybe Z coming back (which i fully expect from everything i've heard/read), which i don't think would be disruptive given his role on the team, puts them in a bad spot. they are winning first legs of b2bs by about 15 ppg.

orlando doesn't have the consistency, the defense, or the FT shooting to get it done in a close game against this team imo...and i highly doubt it's a blowout. cavs haven't lost a game all year when they've scored 100 (11 of those games were on the road). what is it about orlando's defense that suggests the cavs can't get to 100?

jimbo- How many times have you bet against Cleveland this year, compared to how many times you've bet on them?

if this is a serious question, i actually havent bet against them at all..wont do it..bet on them opening night and a few games when on that hot streak earlier in season and in utah sat...dont really like to get involved in cavs,buckeyes,browns,tribe or unc hoop games unless i see a really good spot

usually think you're a little too homer with our cavs sometimes, but i agree with you 100% here. i'll be on the cavs tomorrow as well.

usually my homerism is out of jest and just trying to stir things up..unless i specifically start a thread (just started posting more latley cause i think i have a real good feel right now)for then it shouldnt be taking seriously...hit the lakes,utah,and sac right on the head

orlando reminds me of cleveland the last few years trying to make a name for themselves in the conference..a very good team but just cant get over the hump yet like we did against detroit and trying to with boston...hey..i can be wrong

^i've been seeing them well lately too...they've been pretty easy to figure out both last year and this year ---and still somehow underrated overall. you seem to think they will have a big february though, and i actually think they'll be a rough bet during that stretch, especially if they are able to get big wins tomorrow and against the lakers, which i think they will. should be interesting.

^i've been seeing them well lately too...they've been pretty easy to figure out both last year and this year ---and still somehow underrated overall. you seem to think they will have a big february though, and i actually think they'll be a rough bet during that stretch, especially if they are able to get big wins tomorrow and against the lakers, which i think they will. should be interesting.

i just think after the past few years they understand how important home court is in playoffs and with lebrons maturity and even mike browns this year,they understand they cant fade during this stretch and they will not let this team underachieve during a favorable schedule...when healthy in my eyes there isnt a more talented team in the league from top to bottom...celts and orlando simply do not have the depth,so i dont think they will let games slip away like they did in the past and wont beat themselves

I think exactly the opposite here.

Few points:

1. Would feel better if Z was back tonight or even for another game. Been a long layoff.

2. This would be a HUGE blow to Orlando. Losing two consecutive Thursdays to the two best teams in conference. All the motivation and intangibles are there for Orlando.

If this was a different time of season I would agree.

get out..dont you have a computer to fix or something:whip:

i just think after the past few years they understand how important home court is in playoffs and with lebrons maturity and even mike browns this year,they understand they cant fade during this stretch and they will not let this team underachieve during a favorable schedule...when healthy in my eyes there isnt a more talented team in the league from top to bottom...celts and orlando simply do not have the depth,so i dont think they will let games slip away like they did in the past and wont beat themselves

Highlighted three points.

1. Homecourt is very huge. If that game is at Gund last year they move on and would have made Finals

2. Mike Browns job is saved. A lot of that is Mo Williams. Offense is so much better. The other part is the guys in the trade last year had a full camp and look much better.

3. Cle never fades during stretch. Last two years Cavs fans an NBA lurkers such as myself were calling for Brown to go. Both years Bron was unreal after ASG and they made nice runs.

Highlighted three points.

1. Homecourt is very huge. If that game is at Gund last year they move on and would have made Finals

2. Mike Browns job is saved. A lot of that is Mo Williams. Offense is so much better. The other part is the guys in the trade last year had a full camp and look much better.

3. Cle never fades during stretch. Last two years Cavs fans an NBA lurkers such as myself were calling for Brown to go. Both years Bron was unreal after ASG and they made nice runs.

not sure if your supporting me or not here?agree with all your points...my post was responding to joes talking about the cavs in feb and how i think they will do extremly well this year,maybe run the table..when i was talking about fading that is what i was talking about cause they are like 8-6 in feb each of the last 2 years and let many easy games slip

kinda off record..isnt it odd we only play orlando 3 times, twice away this year??or is this common..for some reason i thgouht we should be playing them 4 times..and if so how do they determine who gets extra home game?

kinda off record..isnt it odd we only play orlando 3 times, twice away this year??or is this common..for some reason i thgouht we should be playing them 4 times..and if so how do they determine who gets extra home game?

Not odd at all, you get that with a few teams in-conference every year. The last expansion made this happen as well as the inbalance from West to East.

Lemme show,

There is no conference in-balance anymore, 15 in both

You play 30 games against the other conference(home and away).

This leaves 52 games against your 14 in-conference opponnents.

That is not perfectly divisible so you play 4 teams 3 times and the other 10 teams 4 times.

Its alwats out of division I believe.

Cavs getting points? Are you kidding me? Any chance to get the Cavs or the Celts getting points, take 'em.

I'm with you, Jimbo!

for the record..even know orlando has to shoot 3s,resulting in them leading the league, in no way would i or any sane person take them over sasha,wally,boobie,mo,west and lebron

Back