Cavaliers at 'Stons Super Sunday Play and Analysis

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
A hunch, its an intuitive reckoning of sorts. Its a part of the 'feel' aspect of my capping. You can go through all the stats, trends, situational analysis etc but sometimes your gut tells you. In NBA capping especially that has been one of my better qualities. It's been known that I am a streaky capper. I can go on incredible streaks. Had two of them this season that were great. The last one was adding about 16-17 units overall in a span of 9 days. Well, I had a funny feeling last night and it was still present Saturday about the card for the last day of January. I thought I was seeing it good and in actuality had 4 games on my radar. I did lock the one in last night but thought I may play 2 or all 3 of the others today. My gut, a hunch, told me to just lay with the one play. Good thing I did. I would have lost any or all of the four plays. Luckily we get out of the day with just the one loss and move forward.

Big week coming up. My spirit may be dampened a bit if Bynum's injury costs him some or all of the stretch to the ASG. We shall see. I have yet to see it. I only was able to read the game recap. Either way, we should still have some nice situations coming up.

Lets talk about the state of the Detroit Pistons. It's not very good right now. Nice week betting on their games so far being 2-0 and picking up a nice amount of units. I think Friday night was the realization of what they have become. They put out a effort but the fact is they could never get over the hump. To be on par with the conference elite you have to beat these teams at home. Thats holding serve. The last time Detroit had a "hold" on this conference was after Game 2 of the EC Finals last year. The ensuing Game 3 disaster is basically what has set up your current state the more you look back. Yeah they had chances to win games 5/6 but they didn't and its what has forced some changes and now you have a team that is basically middle of the road. Their postgame comments showed after the game. A few put on the brave face about fighting through but they know its not back to the promised land this year. It will take some shrewd moves by Joe D. to get them back into contention quickly. He is smart though. He saw management in the early '90's put this team back a decade by keeping a core around too long. He has this team positoned to make moves and be successful. In the interim though the hardcore fans are furious and the team chemistry is very average at best.

Cleveland locked Mike Brown into the head coaching spot for the East after Friday's win at home versus the Clipshow. Great accomplishment for him as many on this forum and certainly a lot of Ohioans have asked fror him to be gone for some time. One key transaction(Mo Williams) and some team gelling has made the Cavs one of the three favorites to claim it all. They have done just fine through injuries so far. Big Z is back and had a fantastic game Friday night with a 20-10 double double. Mo Williams should have some big games coming up. Thats generally what players due after an all-star snub.

One matchup so far this year was also at the Palace. Tale of two halves here as Clevalnd was up 11 at the intermission. Detroit put up an unprecedented 58pt second half to win by seven. I didn't get to watch this game in whole. I watched the first quarter and third. I was shocked in all honesty seeing the final score later that night. King James was average, per his standards. Mo was excellent. Rasheed, as always in big Ston wins was great. The biggest suprise in this defensive rivalry was Detroit shooting 50 percent.

Last year the teams played four times. The first matchup was when LeBron got hurt and missed time after. The last matchup was a last week of the season game where many players sat. The middle games were each won by the hometeam by 14 and 16 points. Basically, since the EC finals of 2007 we have only had three meaningful Detroit-Cleveland games. Feels pretty weird in all honesty.

Now though, the rivalry is different. Detroit is now the hunters(if that) not the hunted. Cleveland is no longer looking to par up with Detroit they have sites on bigger things and this isn't a statement game like in years past. Then again, today is Super Sunday and it is on national TV. Mr. James certainly will look to be great with a lot of the country watching. Trust me, people will get sick of Super Bowl pregame after the first of 6 hours. It's funny, this would have been a big deal last year playing Boston/Cleveland on national TV at home. Now, I think its more about not getting embarrassed.

I know I have driveled a lot but let me get to key issues in my mind. That game Friday night was significant to Detroits mental state. They know it's done. It will never be admitted but as 'Sheed said after the Hosuton game, teams are looking to exact revenge now after years of getting their butts whooped. Lets stick with the Rasheed topic. He played his butt off the past three games. He didn't shoot well against Boston but his effort has been great all week. He admitted the other day that he can't give it all every night that he gets up for as many as he can but he is just getting old. Well, Rasheed drives this 'Stons engine and me thinks he is gonna have a clunker tomorrow. Playoff time comes, this could be a matchup in the early rounds. Obviously Cleveland wins but at the same point they need/want to prove to themselves as a group they can win here. They lose tomorrow and come this spring its 2 years since winning here. And that was on a superhuman James effort.

Oh, and Detroit is horrendous on Sundays, especially early starts.

Cleveland -4 -115 4 units

I put -115 because I got -120 and -110...2 units apiece. It should count as two plays. No biggie either way.

Steelers -6.5 as well. Played earlier this week.

Also, lets go funky scores to help squares ;)

Good luck sir on both of those. Steelers seems like the square side, but I just see Pittsburgh's schemes, linebackers and safeties causing problems for Warner. Think they disrupt his timing, that is the whole premise of my wager there. Tailing like always in NBA, keep the good run going.

Good read. On Pitt as well and I'll likely join up on the Cavs. Heat are probably worth a look on Monday thanks to Dunleavy. :whip:

Good Luck Reno, nice writeup, that James game 2 years ago was the sickest shit I have ever seen.

BTW I remember last year on Super Sunday you were in a bit of a funk if I recall correctly and unloaded on the Stones as a small home chalk v. Dallas.....they rolled by 20+ ......correct? 5 unit winner or so?

Right on Aplous. Just looked through that thread from last year. Should get the good vibes going.

You had a few classic posts in there about a certain fade capper is on a certain team for last years Super Bowl. He's on my side this year :(

cavs and stones a pick'em on a neutral court?? on a sunday?? like the play a lot sir, on pitt too. lets get em:shake:

ehat your stake in this game bar? 1............................................10

I put -115 because I got -120 and -110...2 units apiece. It should count as two plays. No biggie either way. <!-- / message --> <!-- sig -->

I put -115 because I got -120 and -110...2 units apiece. It should count as two plays. No biggie either way. <!-- / message --> <!-- sig -->

but I dont now what this number said...

from 1................................10

howmuce it is?

Whaaa?

...It's been known that I am a streaky capper...

I would like to nominate this for "The Understatement of the Year" Award, please...
attachment.php

BOL, Big Anal...

BTW, I passed on the Association today...:cheers:

but I dont now what this number said...

from 1................................10

howmuce it is?

Big Anal rates his games as low as 1 unit and as high as 5 units, and 1 unit = 1 widget.

He is risking 4 widgets on this game.

Hope this helps. BOL

Can't say good luck, since I'm on Pistons, but at least one of us will win :)

Thank you kind sir. I thought the stones might actually win after the 3rd.:36_11_6:

Good luck tonight. :cheers:

Someone put a call in before the 4th and said dude don't you realize BAR is on Cle -4? Haha nice.

super sunday play. lmfao

after the text i got midway thru the 4th "your team sucks"

handshake

Thanks guys. I had to send good ole STEED a text at start of 4th saying his team sucked and things turned around.

Superbowl actually worked out great. I had pitt for game, but got down with Zona -1 +133 at halftime as a hedge/middle. I got home early 4th to start seeing the great finish. At the two-minute warning hit Pitt +255 in live betting. Something I never do. It was third and 6 and I figured I would have that possesion and OT so there was value, especially there against a prevent and with Ben's history. So, it worked out great being diligent during the game(and staying mostly sober).:tiphat:

Looking at two sides and a total tomorrow. May some, all or none. Back in morning.

nice niight for the ak ctg guys..i hit 2 squares and 4-0 on sports bets,and won 100 in poker...goldminer hit a square,200 in poker and 2-0 on sports..yessir won the poker tourney we were at for 1300..congrats guys

Back