Carter a Knick???!!! (trade deadline countdown in-game)

Killa

To the left, to the left, to the right to the righ
I am sitting here ready to fucking do cartwheels if this deal goes down. Frye, Jamal, and Rose for VINSANITY. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Bibby to Cleveland?
Kidd to LA?

3PM EST is the deadline

Too high to play the over. I have a rule tho, I don't play unders with teams that run on every possession. No feel.

Why do I have a feeling this is gonna be one of those boring ass deadlines where nothing big goes down?

the nets would be idiots not to deal carter. they will lose him after the season. at least get something for him now...

Cant believe Spurs have no interest in doing anything... Surprising

Maybe I'm the only one, but why would the Knicks want Vince?

I realize he's a draw, but I thought they were building a good young team and getting out of contract hell.

Maybe I'm the only one, but why would the Knicks want Vince?

I realize he's a draw, but I thought they were building a good young team and getting out of contract hell.

1. Thomas has to win now or get fired.
2. He's a HUGE draw.
3. We have needed a true mega-star ever since Ewing left.

Well, to those points:

1. What's more important, Thomas' job or the Knicks team long-term?

2. Maybe I'm underestimating him, but he doesn't strike me as the draw he used to be.

3. True--and I loved Ewing--that said, I would much rather them find a way to get a KG than a Carter if that's what they're trying to do. Carter can't hold up an entire team like LeBron or some of the other top tier draws. Carter's a second teir guy at best. A very good one, but he's not top tier. He's also a head case and tends to do that Randy Moss thing of, "I'll play when I feel like it."

To your points, lol.

1. But Isiah is the one making the decisions here. So for him, it's his job.

2. The Garden is unlike any other arena. The NY fans are DYING for a megastar to latch on to and excite them. I think Carter is that guy.

3. Why KG over Carter? Roughly the same age, give or take a year maybe. Carter takes the big shots, KG has never been known for that. I love KG too, don't get me wrong. But as far as excitement and scoring and dunks and big shots, Carter is a dream for NY. Totally do agree that he's not the first tier (Kobe, Wade, etc) and he has his faults.

No, I agree that NY is dying for a mega-star--and I believe that they need one. I just don't think Carter is a mega-star. Not anymore.

Granted, I'm a KG fan, but I think KG has more long-term potential than Carter. As KG slows and ages he can become more of a Tim Duncan/David Robinson type. As Carter ages, he has to become a fade-away jumper kind of guy.

The Knicks had that, his name was Larry Johnson, we loved him--he made one of the greatest shots in Knick history. That said, he was never Patrick Ewing.

I'm not saying the mega-star the Knicks need has to be a big man, he could easily be a guard. I just don't think Carter has the game or, perhaps more importantly, the personality to be that guy for the Knicks.

This feels like Thomas chasing after a guy who's on his way down rather than at the top of his game or on his way up.

Of course, some would argue, that's what makes Thomas such a poor GM.

Gotta run out for a bit, Killa, but I'll get back to this. In the meantime, make some calls and get the Knicks someone other than Vince Carter, you know, if possible.

=)

I just heard on ESPN that most trades are going to be announced later but nothing significant for now.
Anthony Johnson to Atlanta for a pick
and some other small one announced but I forget

If Cleveland makes a deal for a PG, the eastern conference playoffs may just be a bit more interesting.

Love the fact that my Raps traded away dead weight (Fred Jones) for Juan Dixon. Although I threw up a little when I heard they were interested in Darko.

I am really suprised the Clips did not make a deal today involving Maggette. I think he is a good player on the wrong team with the wrong coach.

Last edited:
Dos Juan Dixon for Fred Jones count??

As a NYer Vince would be great...Frye is not needed with David Lee and Jared Jefferies...we lose some offense but hey we should have enough at other spots...

Marybury , Vince , Q , Lee and Curry...I like the looks of that...

You got me BDK with that "Kidd deal is done"..lol

Where did that Vince to NY come from...outta no where indeed.

I know that a lot of these get announced well after deadline...should be interesting..

Thought for sure the FlipMurray/Dale Davis for Bonzi/Sura would go thru....too bad.

Yeah, BDK, I don't mean to be rude, but I thought I tasked you with acquiring some Knick talent.

Whaddid ya do, take a nap?

Back