Carr Starting Week 1

guaranteeed

Pretty much a regular
Jay Glazer @JayGlazer · 3h

Carr has had a terrific preseason. Players were informed earlier today of the switch

Breaking: Raiders players have been informed that the team is making the switch at QB and starting Derek Carr over Matt Schaub

Gotta fade in this spot, right? Rookie, first NFL start, on the road, going up against a top 10 defense...it might be too much to handle. Thoughts?

Gotta fade in this spot, right? Rookie, first NFL start, on the road, going up against a top 10 defense...it might be too much to handle. Thoughts?

Rex can come up with a good game plan, I don't know if they are top 10 though still, especially at CB

Milliner, Antonio Allen, Darrin Walls, and Kyle Wilson

they are going to need to create pressure, which Carr did struggle with at FSU

Sorry to bump this thread up, but I've been looking into this game wanting to make a play on NYJ at 5.5 or better, looking at all the matchups. Even though Oakland has a double threat in the backfield, it'll be tough to get yards against that front 7. Oakland will have to get their points exploiting that secondary that's limping in to this game with injuries...So even more does this game fall on Carr's shoulders. I admit, I have not watched a minute of Oakland preseason, so I don't know what he did to earn this starting spot. Can someone fill us in on what Carr will be bringing to the table here? Do you guys buy what Derek Carr is selling?

Sorry to bump this thread up, but I've been looking into this game wanting to make a play on NYJ at 5.5 or better, looking at all the matchups. Even though Oakland has a double threat in the backfield, it'll be tough to get yards against that front 7. Oakland will have to get their points exploiting that secondary that's limping in to this game with injuries...So even more does this game fall on Carr's shoulders. I admit, I have not watched a minute of Oakland preseason, so I don't know what he did to earn this starting spot. Can someone fill us in on what Carr will be bringing to the table here? Do you guys buy what Derek Carr is selling?

he definitely earned it, outplayed Schaub (who wasn't good)

finished 30/45 with 7.2 YPA, played probably 30% of the time against 1's, rest vs 2's

spread the field well, was good throwing deep, the team is going to throw a lot of screens because of the talent with MJD, McFadden, and Reece in that area, but they will spread the field too

saw someone put this together charting his throws

SoH0nW6.jpg

He gives the raiders a better chance to win than Schaub at this point so if you were leaning raiders before you have to really like them now with the better QB and extra Pts.

Im going to go out on a limb here as a homer and predict that Carr will impress people this year. He will be right there at the end of the year for Offensive rookie of the year. That being said I still don't have them winning a bunch of games this year. They will be much improved though.

Back