Carolinablue Week 9

carolinablue

College Football Guru
Swamped right now, but the usual self deprecating humor about my continued poor performance (3-7 last week) will follow as soon as I get a free minute haha

3-7 -5.05 Units in Week 8 ouch...

53-51-1 YTD -5.30 Units....

Week 9 Plays
Liberty -6 115
App -25 115
Kent -2.5 110
La Tech -18 120
UVA -3 125
Illinois v Purdue O58.5 115
Navy v Tulane O52 120
Ball State -2.5 125
S Miss -9.5 120
UNC v Duke O55 +110
Charlotte v N Texas O63.5 125

Thursday Night Degenerate Special
Jackson State +24 125

Last edited:
Also looking at the over in Chapel Hill but hoping that number comes down a bit. Given our lack of depth on defense, we are going to have to outscore teams the rest of the way, so should make for some fun shootouts moving forward. I think it gets to at least 60 but want as much value as possible so going to see if it gets back down under 55 before I lock it in.

Ohio State has made me good money this year, but man I am really tempted to take Wisky if it gets to 14.5 110 as I expect it to be an old school Big Ten slugfest so getting 3 scores would be hard to pass up.

I must be a sucker for pain and heartbreak but I plan to be on my Heels again this week if I can get 2.5 at 125 or better.

UMass is bad but should UConn really be laying 10 to any FBS team when you consider they haven’t beaten one in over two years?

Not sure I can forgive myself though if I hit submit on UMass and they get blown out like they did against FIU.

Fool me once...

CB,
Heartbreaker on the blue last week. Was going nuts also.
Still up on the year, love the card to start. Can't believe you're thinking of going against my Buckeye D!!!!!
Kick some ass this week!

CB,
Heartbreaker on the blue last week. Was going nuts also.
Still up on the year, love the card to start. Can't believe you're thinking of going against my Buckeye D!!!!!
Kick some ass this week!

Yeah, that was painful to say the least, getting too old for the huge emotional swings man haha.

Great to hear you are still above water for the year as it has been tough going the last few weeks. I am basically right back where I started from a balance standpoint (I don't differentiate free play losses in my recordkeeping on here hence the win/loss record and unit loss overall), so guess it could be worse all things considered. Still plenty of season left to go, so gotta stick to my guns and not try to get it all back at once. As Big E would say "It's a New Day, yes it is!" Continued success this season Tom!

CB

UMass is bad but should UConn really be laying 10 to any FBS team when you consider they haven’t beaten one in over two years?

Not sure I can forgive myself though if I hit submit on UMass and they get blown out like they did against FIU.

Fool me once...

maybe the over is the better play here?

maybe the over is the better play here?

I am not going to risk playing either side as this is the kind of play that has disaster written all over it in my opinion. Thinking about the UConn TT over but after losing the Akron one vs UMass, will probably just forget this game is even being played and stick to better options on the board.

UNC v Duke Over 55 +110 - No reason not to take the positive money here as there really isn't a difference between 54 -110 and 55 +110 so I will take the positive line every time in this situation.

Debating adding just one more play to the card but trying to decide between the following:

Indiana v Nebraska Over 53
UConn TT Over (guessing 37 to 37.5)
FAU -13.5
Wisky +14

CB,
You're going to do it. Wisky +14? What's the approach on this game?

I actually crossed that one off the list as I am not a dog player, so going to focus on what I do best. With that said, I think that Wisky has a shot to keep it close and if they can ugly it up, it could come down to the 4th quarter. Of course, that is a big if, and I decided that I don't want to get in front of the Buckeye train, so this one is a pass for me even though a number of guys I respect will be on Wisky plus the points.

Suffered with you last week . My money was on heels.
This New England resident says “ UConn is bad. Umass is worse.”
GL

I must be a sucker for pain and heartbreak but I plan to be on my Heels again this week if I can get 2.5 at 125 or better.
I'm just concerned about what we saw from Duke last week. They clearly put beating Carolina ahead of winning the Coastal.

I'm just concerned about what we saw from Duke last week. They clearly put beating Carolina ahead of winning the Coastal.
[/]

I think the 5 turnovers and giving up a kick return for a TD had more to do with it than looking ahead. Hard for any team to get much going when they turn it over like that and credit to UVA for capitalizing on all the giveaways.

I follow someone else who is very reliable and this is his top play. He is pretty solid so I was happy to see you thinking of it as well..

It’s funny because I almost jumped on it at 55 as I figured both teams would hit upper 20s/low 30s like a 31-28 type game but then the line started dropping so I held off to see where it would stabilize. Still on the radar but haven’t locked it in yet.

The more I dig into that Indiana game, the more I think the over is the way to go. Not sure I want to waste any more time betting on bad teams to get me points so gonna stay away from the UConn v UMass game entirely. Still like FAU but not sure I am willing to lay 2 TDs as ODU could keep it close, something like 20-10, but if FAU gets rolling, ODU won't be able to keep up.

For those of you thinking about a play on the 49ers against North Texas, it looks like the rain will hold off until Sunday here, as it should be a perfect day for football here in the Carolinas so I expect the total to start going up in that one as points should be easy to come by from both sides.

It’s funny because I almost jumped on it at 55 as I figured both teams would hit upper 20s/low 30s like a 31-28 type game but then the line started dropping so I held off to see where it would stabilize. Still on the radar but haven’t locked it in yet.
Hope you played it. Over by 3rd quarter. Good luck the rest of the way.

Good thing is this win over duke is all the therapy I need to soothe another bad week as this win makes everything ok!

6-6 posted, but ended up on the weekend (7-6 overall) for the first time in what seems like forever as my Heels cashed big time for me (I didn't want to jinx em by posting it right before kickoff LOL). Homestretch coming up boys, hard to believe college basketball season is right around the corner, wow.

Year to Date 60-57-1 -4.80 Units

Back