Carolinablue Week 9 College Football

carolinablue

College Football Guru
4-3 in week 8, cleared a small profit but feel thankful given that the day could have been much worse with the way it started. Numbers definitely off on most of my games involving the MAC, so back to the drawing board there for sure.

Still down -1.5 units on the year, as that hole I dug for myself early on is getting smaller, but still a hole nonetheless. The journey continues...

Week 9 Plays
Football - 185 FIU -2 -115 for Game
Football - 168 Houston -14 -115 for Game
Football - 181 Western Kentucky -22 -110 for Game
Football - 125 Marshall -20 -110 for Game
Football - 128 Appalachian State -24 -110 for Game
Football - 103 North Carolina -2½ -110 for Game
Football - 191 Tulsa -2 -110 for Game
Football - 159 Oklahoma State -2 -115 for Game

Last edited:
The MAC has been whack-a-doodle this year, no doubt. Glad to see I got the first openers, it looks like. Did I miss the first minute lines (I wasn't on the site when they started popping one by one), or have the openers been quieter than usual today?

The MAC has been whack-a-doodle this year, no doubt. Glad to see I got the first openers, it looks like. Did I miss the first minute lines (I wasn't on the site when they started popping one by one), or have the openers been quieter than usual today?

First, gotta say, great consistent work this season my friend!

This was actually the first week in the last few where I missed the opens so not sure if my numbers are good or bad vs when they came out as I jumped on around 3:50 or so and everything was already listed for the most part. Haven't seen any movement in the last hour so pretty sure I missed more than a few good ones but don't think it will matter much with the way my card is shaping up this week but we shall see.

Thx, blue, been noticing you on the right side of these early lines way more often than not. :)

Yeah, I suspect like you that not being ready at the gun and not seeing much movement means we missed a few good ones. But I also agree with you that there are some total mismatches where I'm supremely comfortable with the lines I got -- backing way more favorites this time of year.

Final add...

Wyoming +28 110 at BOL

Gonna hitch my wagon to the redshirt frosh QB and the running game of Wyoming. May actually put a small play on the ML as well if a line comes out on it between now and gametime. Ultimately I think USU pulls this one out but something like 31-17 so will gladly take the 4 TD cushion as both teams will look to establish the run which always helps when backing a large dog. We shall see...

In terms of ML dogs this week, potentially looking at Wake, WSU, Auburn and Kentucky but haven't pulled the trigger on any of em so far. I always take a look at home dogs paying around +300 give or take, as those seem to have given me the best chance at ROI in the past. Let me know what you guys think in terms of any dogs that might be worth a look this weekend, thanks!

Injury update for tomorrow night's game vs Pitt. Great news that NJ has been upgraded to probable after not even dressing for the game last week. His presence will be crucial in what should be a physical game in the trenches tomorrow night.

Probable

Nazair Jones, defensive tackle

Tyler Powell, defensive tackle

Back