Carolinablue Week 9 College Football Plays

carolinablue

College Football Guru
Week 8
6-3 overall

Just got back from camping with my son a few hours ago and looks like I had a pretty decent weekend as I ended up making +$121.58 this weekend (went 6-3 overall but lost $144 on those ML dog plays which I completely whiffed on), so not too bad in this new reduced wager amount world I am living in these days.

Didn't hit any of the big ML dogs I played and looking over the scores, looks like I wasn't close on any, but those were just for fun and I really enjoyed the thread, so was definitely worth giving them a shot, but after my Week 8 performance with those dogs, I can tell they are not my area of expertise to say the least. Looking forward to keeping the ATS momentum going in Week 9 as it appears that I saw things pretty good in Week 8, so without further ado...

Week 9 Plays - all $100 plays at BOL unless otherwise noted

Friday
Tulsa -18 110

Saturday
Coastal -2.5 110
BYU -28 115
Boise -10 115
(missed 9 and 9.5 while trying to submit)
UNC -5.5 121 (BM)
SDSU -7 113 (BM)
Okie State -2.5 113 (BM)
UCF v Houston O77.5 117 (BM)
Charlotte v Duke O56 110
BYU v WKU O51.5 117 (BM)

Last edited:
Looks like Bama 1H will probably be 17.5 so not sure if I will play that this week. Will probably be on the UCF over if it is under 80 as they have treated me well, so gonna keep riding that train until the wheels fall off.

Was looking at Clemson but 32 is too high for me...after both teams' respective performances on Saturday, was hoping for 24 but knew that wasn't gonna happen. Also, was waiting on App as I was hoping the same there, but 31 is too high for me on that one even though ULM is really really bad and App should be able to put up 52 easy. Kinda surprised the Boise line was single digits (I missed the 9) as I was gonna take them up to 13.5, so even at 10, I like that play a lot.

Given the history that Mack and my Heels have with UVA, I probably shouldn't be laying points here, but getting under 6 for only 121 at BM is worth the risk for me, because if we play a full game, we should take care of business by 14+ against an overmatched UVA squad. The key will be pouncing on them early and just pounding them into submission with our running game and not giving up big plays (i.e. no missed tackles), as we are at least 14 points better than them if we play a full four quarters (I know it is a lot to ask, but that NCSU game gives me hope as that was what I was watching the last hour).

I know that the Coastal play goes against all the trends about ranked on the road vs unranked, but I have seen them play 3 times so far this year and they are a solid team that should be able to steamroll Georgia State as long as they continue to play disciplined football, as they are a fun team to watch.

I know I am late to the BYU party, but I just don't see how WKU will be able to keep up in this one, as they will be lucky to put up 14, while BYU should be good for at least 48+ in this one, as they are another team that is fun to catch if you haven't had the chance. I actually consider them one of the most underrated teams in the country right now, so hoping they continue to completely decimate teams in their quest for attention.

I jumped on Tulsa because I was expecting 21 against ECU as Tulsa should be able to light up that ECU defense for at least 45+ in that one. I doubted Tulsa early as I figured that game vs OSU was a one off, but they have proven me wrong, as they are actually a pretty decent team, while ECU continues to struggle on defense year after year.

I know I am late to the BYU party, but I just don't see how WKU will be able to keep up in this one, as they will be lucky to put up 14, while BYU should be good for at least 48+ in this one, as they are another team that is fun to catch if you haven't had the chance. I actually consider them one of the most underrated teams in the country right now, so hoping they continue to completely decimate teams in their quest for attention.
Liking BYU 1H too.....Also 1H TT over BYU.....BYU coach puts in bench early if BYU up big.......also WKU is 0-6 Ats this year......might go back to BYU 1Q too even though they messed up my day yesterday

Added...SDSU -7 113 (BM)....This one is based on the fact that SDSU should be able to pile up about 300+ on the ground against USU, so I expect an ugly game, something like 24-7, but SDSU should be able to grind it out and pull out the cover in the 2H as long as they don't turn the ball over.

Liking BYU 1H too.....Also 1H TT over BYU.....BYU coach puts in bench early if BYU up big.......also WKU is 0-6 Ats this year......might go back to BYU 1Q too even though they messed up my day yesterday

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I will replace my usual Bama 1H with BYU this week, as I think BYU would be the more likely of the two to cover a line in the 17.5 range for the 1H. Best of luck in Week 9 N2!

Added...Oklahoma State -2.5 113 (BM)....I am a sucker as I know how well Texas performs in these situations, but yet, I can't pass up laying less than a FG. Hopefully this is the week Okie State makes a statement that they are a contender and not a pretender...

Added...Charlotte v Duke O56 110

Charlotte should be able to put up at least 28 against a depleted Duke secondary this weekend...

Cornerback Mark Gilbert opted out for the remainder of the 2020 season to prepare for the 2021 draft. Gilbert has been out with an injured foot and Cutcliffe said he did not expect Gilbert back this season but Gilbert wanted to make that clear to his teammates. Cutcliffe said that he does not expect injured cornerback Josh Blackwell back this season and said that injured cornerback Leonard Johnson is “questionable” for this Saturday. And don’t forget that safety Lummie Young will miss the first half of the Charlotte game after being called for targeting in the NC State game.

Lost Tulsa on Friday but was fun to watch my ML Dog play from the main thread hit with Maryland, as that game was crazy to watch. Thought I almost had a chance to hit the ECU ML Dog also, but of course they couldn't keep it together at the end, but can't complain as it definitely made both games more interesting in the end.

Feeling really good about today's plays, so hoping it results in a nice day of cashing in at the pay window as The American Dream used to say. Best of luck to everyone today!

Put in a bunch more political plays at BM to go with the ones posted over the past year, but won't clutter the thread with those so that it doesn't turn sideways haha. Also gonna pick up some more alcohol today for what I am sure will be a lively in-game on Tuesday night, as I plan to drink every time they say "too close to call", which will probably result in me being passed out by 10pm haha.

Today's drink of choice is still pending but leaning towards Sapporo for the Heels game later tonight. Gonna be furniture shopping all afternoon with my lady (hey, gotta compromise!) but should be back around 4pm at the latest. Catch you guys in the in-game at some point tonight.

ECU was completely robbed last night, granted ECU alumni, but I can’t remember 3 brutality bad calls all on the same drive.

The American Athletic Conference on Saturday acknowledged an officiating error that overturned a fumble call that would have ended what turned out to be the game-winning drive in Friday's East Carolina-Tulsa game.

With 1:52 remaining in the game, on-field officials ruled that Tulsa running back T.K. Wilkerson fumbled after an 11-yard gain on first down, with East Carolina recovering at the 37-yard line. The replay official, however, reversed the call on the field after determining the ball carrier had regained possession and was down.

Tulsa scored the go-ahead touchdown with 29 seconds left Friday in what turned out to be a 34-30 victory against the Pirates.

After reviewing the video, the AAC on Saturday issued a statement saying the replay official was incorrect and Wilkerson had not regained possession of the ball, and the ruling on the field awarding the ball to East Carolina should not have been reversed.

The AAC communicated its findings to East Carolina and Tulsa, but the error does not change the outcome of the game.

Back