Carolinablue Week 2 CFB Plays

carolinablue

College Football Guru
Nice 0-3 start to the season last week, but at least I only wagered 0.2 units per play because of all the uncertainty surrounding Week 1. Guess that should have been my cue to not play anything at all, but I have been doing this too long to not have a play in the opening week, so I sure wasn't gonna let a worldwide pandemic stop me.

As we enter Week 2, my Heels take the field and as much as I like our prospects for this season, I am not a fan of the inflated line vs Syracuse as I was hoping for something closer to 17, so that one is an easy pass for me, although I am tempted to put something down on the TT Over 44.5 just because I will be at the sports bar watching the game later and I always enjoy seeing people's reactions when I am the only one still yelling with like 3 minutes to go and needing one more score to get the over even though we are up like 41-7. We shall see as I haven't put anything down on it as of yet.

I have made 3 plays so far this morning with basically no research behind them, just going on gut feel to be honest, so don't put any stock into these whatsoever, just like to keep track of my plays and engage in some college football discussion as it helps bring a sense of normalcy to things in some strange way.

Moving forward, I am just gonna do straight $100 plays to keep it simple and my girlfriend is going to pick one game per week as I have learned that it is worth it to keep her interested in football Saturdays during the fall. So, without further ado, here we go!

All plays at BOL

Football - 442 Texas Tech -40 -115 for Game
Football - 440 Oklahoma -44½ -115 for Game
Football - 415 UL Lafayette +11½ -110 for Game
Football - 428 Kansas State -13 -116 for Game
Football - 407 Clemson -34 -112 for Game

Football - 397 Charlotte/Appalachian State over 13 -130 for 1st Quarter

Last edited:
Is there anything worse than the line moving after you hit submit and then you are stuck with higher juice...Just once it would be cool to see the line move in my favor when this happens haha.

Football - 428 Kansas State -13 -116 for Game

Watashi no kanojo no (That means "My girlfriend's" in Japanese, so don't say I never gave you guys any culture!) pick is coming up next....God help us all LOL

Watashi no kanojo no (That means "My girlfriend's" in Japanese, so don't say I never gave you guys any culture!) pick is coming up next....God help us all LOL

Ok, she picked Clemson because she said their logo looks like a dog's paw and it reminded her of how much she loves her dog who is sitting on her lap right now, so Clemson -34 112 it is!

On a side note, she also picked Oklahoma because her best friend once took a trip to Oklahoma, but since I already had that as a play, I didn't include that one, although the logic made perfect sense and I was tempted to make it a 2 unit play based on her reasoning haha.

Tempted to go with the over 44.5 on my Heels just for the heck of it, as it can't be any worse than making a play because my g/f thought the Tiger Paw was a dog's paw right?

Had Sapporo saki bombs last night so I guess that qualifies me to comment .
I live in Syracuse so forced to follow the orange. This team has less talent then any recent Dino babers teams and they are relying on tommy Devito to be not only their best player but their leader- which isn’t a good sign.
The offensive line which couldn’t give him 2 seconds to throw at the beginning of last year returns all 5 starters- and although they did improve as the year went on they are not very talented and I see a lot of short drives for Syracuse today. If unc can score early Syracuse will go into the mode of trying to score in 2 minutes or less in every drive and the team total for unc may hit 60.

good luck today and all season long cb and have that sapporo ready for that tt to hitmid 3rd quarter

I live in Syracuse so forced to follow the orange. This team has less talent then any recent Dino babers teams and they are relying on tommy Devito to be not only their best player but their leader- which isn’t a good sign.
The offensive line which couldn’t give him 2 seconds to throw at the beginning of last year returns all 5 starters- and although they did improve as the year went on they are not very talented and I see a lot of short drives for Syracuse today. If unc can score early Syracuse will go into the mode of trying to score in 2 minutes or less in every drive and the team total for unc may hit 60.

good luck today and all season long cb and have that sapporo ready for that tt to hitmid 3rd quarter

last year I found it incredibly puzzling cuse kept trying to go fast as It didnt suit them and left the defense hanging out to dry a lot.

Hey man, appreciate you jumping into the thread as I always appreciate good insight and discussion, so thanks! I have never been able to get into saki as my girl doesn't like it either and I am not about to spend $600 on the "good stuff" that is supposed to taste like silk, but I am hoping to try some local stuff when I head over to Japan next year as that may change my view because there are only so many options down here in Charlotte. Also want to try Yebisu beer but they don't sell it here, so Sapporo is my beer of choice these days although I do drink Asahi and Kirin sometimes. Best of luck this season!

At least the OU (48) and TT (42.5) lines have moved a few points in my favor although that stuff almost never matters, it is still nice from a psychological standpoint.

Is UNC mostly representative of what I’m seeing in pre season recaps? Almost all of the offense back?

cuse should be decimated without a full camp.

UNC TT now up to 45.5...I think I am just gonna leave it alone and just watch the game as I think we should be able to put up 52 on Cuse but with all the obvious variables in play, I am a little more gunshy than normal. With that said, watch us put up 77 which would be fine by me if it happens by the way.

I have never been a dog player as you guys can see from my history over the years, so wouldn't you know it the one dog I play and the line is already moving against me as ULL is now up to 13...hopefully nothing Covid related as that is the weird thing with betting these games but hey that's what makes it fun right?!?!

Trying to get my g/f to drop me off at the sports bar at noon. Just called to make sure they are doing sound for the Heels game as there is nothing worse than going to a sports bar and hearing crappy music on instead of game sound.

I have never been a dog player as you guys can see from my history over the years, so wouldn't you know it the one dog I play and the line is already moving against me as ULL is now up to 13...hopefully nothing Covid related as that is the weird thing with betting these games but hey that's what makes it fun right?!?!

I’m hoping isu just being pounded and nothing more. I love ull. I saw lot of ppl round forum world saying how that line was way to short, I think it just ppl seeing they can get a ranked team laying less than 2 tds and betting it.

I’m hoping isu just being pounded and nothing more. I love ull. I saw lot of ppl round forum world saying how that line was way to short, I think it just ppl seeing they can get a ranked team laying less than 2 tds and betting it.

Yeah, I would have taken ULL at anything 10+ so was happy to get the 11.5 but don't think I will need it as I think it may be a one score game but we shall see.

Just submitted on the 1Q Over...

Missed the line again, so stuck with 130...but it is what it is as John Fox would say..
Charlotte VS Appalachian State
Over13-130

Just got dropped off at the sports bar. They are putting on UNC with sound, ULL, App State and KSU games all in around me so I am all set. No Sapporo, so it will be all Stella all day.

Back