Carolinablue Week 14 College Football

carolinablue

College Football Guru
Will be the first to admit that Week 13 was one of the luckiest weeks I have ever experienced in my many years of playing cfb, as I ended up
6-0-1 on posted plays and also hit my Heels once the line went down to 4 as that number was just too good to pass up. Could have easily been a losing week so very thankful that all the bounces seemed to go my way in week 13, but no rest for the weary as Week 14 is now upon us.

Cleared +10.5 units in Week 13, so now sitting on an account balance of +12.06 units.

This weekend was fun as there is nothing like having the wife sitting by your side rooting for a garbage score at the end of the Tide game and then having it come through and seeing the look of excitement on her face haha. Always more fun when the wife starts getting into it LOL.

Again, feel very lucky as a number of my plays shouldn't have cashed but did, so just going to be thankful as we head into Week 14.

Week 14 Plays

Includes my first under play of the year and probably only the 2nd or 3rd under I have ever played in my life, so tail at your own risk haha...

NIU vs BGSU U71 110
SMISS at WKU O71 110
TROY at ULL O57 110

Last edited:
With the injuries the Huskies are dealing with, I can see them basically trying to turn this into an ugly clock churning ballgame focused on keeping the ball on the ground and trying to grind out a victory against the explosive Falcons. While neither team is particularly known for its defensive prowess, for me this play is more based on projected strategy more than anything else. I can see BGSU putting points on the board and NIU not being able to keep up, but if that happens, I think BGSU will run the clock in the 4th and not do anything crazy to let NIU back in late. Will be rooting for long drives, FGs over TDs and no big plays. Will be a weird spot for me as this is probably only the 2nd or 3rd under I have ever played so definitely a different mindset going into this one.

No play on my Heels unless the line gets to 7.5 as I don't like the 5.5 out there now and won't make a play unless it gets over a TD as that is when the value kicks in as far as my variance is concerned.

Looks like only 3 plays total for me in Week 14 as I am not gonna force things for the sake of making plays. Will see if I can keep the Week 13 luck going this week. Best of luck to all you guys!

GL with your boys this weekend....I'll never forget when K-State smashed #1 OU in the Big 12 title game in 2003.....most fun Ive ever had at a sporting event

Nice start to the weekend with the easy under winner in the Mac title game.

Felt bad for the walk on freshman kid with the crazy hair as he was in a tough spot and the o line didn't do him any favors much of the night. Was hard to watch at times but was cool to see him connect on that one td as you could tell he was genuinely excited when it happened.

Let's shift the mindset now as today it is all about points. Looking to see them hit the century mark starting at noon today.

He wasn't great but his receivers dropped a lot of balls too, his oline played poor and the coaches gave up on the rb in their playcalling. Under was a great bet ... good luck

He wasn't great but his receivers dropped a lot of balls too, his oline played poor and the coaches gave up on the rb in their playcalling. Under was a great bet ... good luck

Yeah, the kid had heart and you are right the drops were brutal as there was a stretch where they dropped 3 or 4 in a row that were right there. Painful to watch at times for sure.

WKU once again took care of business on the scoreboard by putting up the points at home to get this over the 71 total, bringing the streak now to 9 straight posted and 10 straight overall. Last play of the day just wrapped up the first quarter with 24 on the scoreboard by Troy, so here's hoping ULL wakes up in the second and starts scoring as well to take this one well into the 60's by game's end.

UNC line now up to +6 after getting down to 4 earlier. Still holding out for 7.5 120 if I can get it before kickoff. Wife is all in which always helps as she was giving me score updates on the WKU game while we were driving earlier this afternoon. Gotta love it!

Best of luck to everyone in the late games. About to jump into this pick 6 pack from HT in a bit. Weather is clear tonight in Charlotte so won't be a factor as it is in the 50s right now with no wind so should be a beautiful night for football uptown.

3-0 on the weekend bringing the streak to 10 in a row (+15 units in a row). Tough loss by my Heels last night but at the end of the day, it wasn't about the bad call as I have been around long enough to know that you can't focus on one isolated event although sometimes it is easier to do that especially in the heat of the moment. I am proud of the way our guys have played this season as a lot of people forget that we were down 21 in Atlanta where we hadn't won in decades and yet still came back to win. That to me was one of the big turning points of the season, so not gonna dwell on what could have been as this was the best season we have had since I graduated from UNC, so guess it is all about perspective when all is said and done. See you guys in bowl season as I am looking forward to hitting some of those early lines when they start coming out in the coming days and weeks.

Well, UNC played plenty of good football before your time, and it's appropriate that Clemson should move into the post-season on the basis of a win over an excellent UNC team. In the 1981 national championship season, like this year, Clemson opened with Wofford and beat the Tar Heels (ranked #8 with Lawrence Taylor) to clinch the Orange Bowl bid to play Nebraska.

Great run CB, way to grind it out and been cheering for you:cheers3:

Thanks man, better late than never is how I look at it, as there were times when I thought about throwing caution to the wind and not sticking to the plan, but that's where I had to remind myself about being disciplined and not trying to get it all back in one week after such a bad start to the season. Appreciate the words and best of luck in bowl season!

Back