• Georgia Southern -9 110/-9.5 110
  • Utah State -17 110
  • MTSU -13 115
  • Alabama 1H -7.5 110
  • SJSU +14 120

Last edited:
GOOD LUCK

like most but I can not take Wmich as a favorite against OHIO

I like the fact that the game is a PK as I expect it to be close, but looking for WMU to bounce back at home after that disappointing performance last week as I think both games last week gave me more value in this one than otherwise would have been the case.

Sorry guys, haven't been around much this week as I am preparing to take a bunch of cub scouts on a camping trip this weekend, so needless to say my focus has been elsewhere, but definitely worth every minute as life is all about priorities and every minute is a gift! Ok, enough mushy stuff haha. Best of luck to you guys this weekend as I am gone Friday-Sunday so won't see any football all weekend. Hopefully I will come back to see a nice bounceback week as this season has not been up to standards by any means, but still plenty of opportunities ahead to right the ship!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP..Believe me that is much more important. Maybe you can sneak out and catch some of the BAMA/LSU game:watchingsports::watchingsports:

HAVE A GREAT TRIP..Believe me that is much more important. Maybe you can sneak out and catch some of the BAMA/LSU game:watchingsports::watchingsports:

Thanks man, but no chance for me to catch a second of action up there as we will be up in the mountains about 3hrs from Charlotte, camping in the rain, cooking with dutch ovens over a campfire and without a cell phone tower in sight haha. I won't find out about any results until I get back to Charlotte Sunday afternoon, but I don't mind because like I said it is definitely worth it!

Have fun bud and GL with the gambles

Thanks man, and once again, I appreciate all the help you gave me with the Vegas trip as it definitely exceeded expectations and will be an adventure that my lady and I will be talking about for years to come, so thank you!

Utah State

During its current seven-game winning streak, Utah State is averaging 52.0 points and 489.4 yards per game (275.7 passing, 213.7 rushing) while converting 45.3 percent of its third downs (43-95) and committing just 11 turnovers (nine fumbles, two interceptions). Defensively, USU is allowing 20.0 points and 337.6 yards (183.7 passing, 153.9 rushing) while limiting its opponents to just 40-of-124 (.323) on third downs and forcing 19 turnovers (11 interceptions, eight fumbles).

Utah State ranks among the top-40 teams in the nation in 29 different statistical categories, including third in scoring offense (49.4 points per game), tied for first in non-offensive touchdowns (eight), tied for second in defensive touchdowns (four), third in turnovers forced (21), third in kickoff returns (29.3 yards per return), tied for fifth in winning percentage (.875) and eighth in tackles for loss (8.1 per game). USU also ranks second in the nation with 17 scoring drives on the season of less than 60 seconds.

Overall, Utah State has won four of its last five Mountain West road games dating back to last season and is averaging 39.2 points and 427.0 yards of total offense (218.0 rushing, 209.0 passing) in those games. Defensively, USU is allowing just 20.4 points and 346.8 yards of total offense (277.2 rushing, 69.4 passing), and it has forced 14 turnovers in its last five conference road games.

MTSU - The fact that WKU even has to mention that they "won't quit" tells me that they are done and I look for MTSU to roll them after dropping 3 straight in this series.

Western Kentucky won’t win a conference championship this year. It won’t finish with a winning record. It won’t go bowling.
All those statements were finalized Saturday when the Hilltoppers (1-7 overall, 0-4 Conference USA) took a 38-17 home loss to Florida International.
The defeat eliminated WKU from bowl contention for the first time since the 2010 Toppers finished 2-10. Every WKU team from 2011-17 won at least six regular-season games and either went bowling or was eligible but didn’t receive a bid.

Saturday’s loss kept the Hilltoppers in the cellar of C-USA’s East Division, two years after they won the conference for a second straight year.
WKU’s 0-4 league start is the program’s worst since the 2009 Tops went 0-8 in Sun Belt Conference play.

Four games remain for WKU, starting Friday at Middle Tennessee (7 p.m., CBS Sports Network). Running back Joshua Samuel vowed his team “won’t quit” down the stretch despite knowing it’ll finish with a losing record and without a bowl berth.

Tennessee

UNCC has only played 3 games on the road this year and two of them were double digit losses - they lost by 18 at UMass and by 21 at UAB. Tennessee will be the first Power 5 team that Charlotte has played all year and they get to do it in the 5th largest cfb stadium in the country.

The 49ers are a scrappy team that does a solid job of running the ball, but their passing game is still a work in progress and they are pretty one dimensional which leads to long scoring droughts at times against average at best defenses (see above vs UMass and UAB). Tennessee has lost 4 of 5, but this is one of those games that they should be able to impose their will against their opponent, as Charlotte won't be able to stop the passing attack of Tenn as Jarrett Guarantano has hit over 60% of his passes for three of the last four games (exception was Alabama, but that is forgiven). And yes, Charlotte did win last week against SMiss, but they only scraped together 224 yards of offense last week against a SMiss team that threw 3 INTs including a Pick 6 and lost their starting QB due to an injury in the 2nd half.

If there is ever a game where Tenn is going to put up 40+, this is it and Charlotte just isn't a team that has the ability to put up more than 20 against pretty much anyone as they might be lucky to hit double digits in this game unless the wheels completely fall off the Volunteer wagon.

good write-ups and great picks.Also Hawaii is terrible in conference and after a great start has been in a major tailspin

SJSU +14 120

With the total at less than 40, this is purely a statistical play, as getting 14 in what should be a low scoring game, makes this one all about value as I would be surprised if Wyoming puts up 20+ in this one, even against the porous SJSU defense. With that said, it will probably end up 45-35 haha.

Additionally...
The forecast calls for temperatures between 30 and 33 degrees, with winds averaging 25 mph, so it should be an ugly low scoring game with lots of running plays and very little scoring, which gives the 14 even more value.

Last edited:
Back