Cardinals vs Steelers Discussion

Bet the Steelers -6.5 for 1 unit. Steelers will stop Arizona's pass attack, as they can generate pressure with 4, unlike the Eagles. Steelers have too many good players on the field. A lot more playoff and Super Bowl experience as well.

Here's my question to you guys that actually bet the NFL week to week. What would the line be if it was Baltimore and AZ?

Have to take the Cards plus the points. ML definitely worth a look...

Steelers - Eagles would have been a classic...

:hang:

I remember last year
another time, another place

I read someone who said
Steelers would beat Patriots ( regular season )
Steelers would beat Jacksonville ( playoffs )

A far wiser poster disagreed to both points and was right.

You may be right, but I will wait to bet until I hear from the legend that almost never loses his bets

Nice job today by Steelers
an_cheers.gif

Too early to discuss, but lean Pitt. Defense is the real deal, unlike a certain NFC East team that I won't mention here.

Pitt hasn't seen a real offense in a while though, very interesting ATS matchup.

Balt would have opened @ -3.5.

Appreciate it. So considering HF is worth 4 points you'd think that a true line for this game would be 5.5 points for Pitt? Pitt favored by 2 w/out HF in the AFC ship over Balty and then add the 3.5 that you think BALTY would be favored on a neutral field and you'd have 5.5. Problem is PHI was 3 point road favs over the Cards so with a 4 point HF you'd think they are 7 point neutral field favs over the Cards. Are the books really saying that PHI is better than Pitt and Balty or is this line wrong.

Not sure if that will read well, but I honestly think Balty would be favored by 4.5 minimum in this game and that Arizona should really be about a 8.5 point dog, but the books can't make the # that high as they'd be flooded with Cardinals money after the Giants game last year. 8.5 makes 6 point teasers at 14.5 and they sure as hell don't want any part of that. 6.5 makes 6 point teasers at 12.5 which is certainly something they can live with along with people teasing the Steelers down to a PK.

Not a huge NFL guy here so feel free to ignore. Just trying to make sense of where the # comes from. :cheers:

take the -6.5 while you still can. pitt rolls.

am i the only one that had this opening at around pitt -9.5? or did linesmakers learned a lesson after making zona DD dogs and had to payout 4:1 on the ML.

I think you are reading too deep there JPicks.

This -7 is a solid line, friggin oddsmakers nailed it. Strength vs strength & weakness vs weaknees.

No. I wouldn't put zona as PK aginst Philly on nuetral field.

I was worried that my post wasn't going to read well. Obviously zona would be about a 7.5 point dog on a neutral being that they were a 3/3.5 point dog at home. That's my point though. Is Philly really a point better than Pittsburgh? Not in my eyes.

take the -6.5 while you still can. pitt rolls.

am i the only one that had this opening at around pitt -9.5? or did linesmakers learned a lesson after making zona DD dogs and had to payout 4:1 on the ML.
wiht Pitts offense, cna they roll anyone? I think Pitt will cover.

I think you are reading too deep there JPicks.

This -7 is a solid line, friggin oddsmakers nailed it. Strength vs strength & weakness vs weaknees.

Well I don't bet the NFL and I'm a bit bored so reading too deep is what I'm all about tonight. :36_11_6:

love it boys wildness in dc for the next few days and my steelers in the super bowl...get it get it!!

Honestly, this game is a toss up IMO (spread wise). You cant ignore the Cardinals have been on FIRE. Larry Fitzgerald has been on FIRE. Ill be the first to admit, the Steelers secondary, isnt that great. Polamalu and Clark are good but Ike taylor is questionable at times, Townsend makes some bonehead plays but ill give him credit, he comes up big sometimes.

I think this all lands on the shoulders of the how Ben Roethlisburger plays. You have to understand that Ken Whisenhunt knows this offense front to back because id be willing to be most of what Arian's uses is Whisenhunt's playbook. Whisenhunt also knows all the tendencies of all of the players, the offense since he left for the most part is all the same.

If Ben Roethlisburger plays well, Steelers win. If Roethlisburger doesnt get pressured, Steelers win.

On the defensive side of the ball, here is the huge difference as someone already brought up, Steelers don't blitz as much as you might think they do. A lot of the time they just bring 4 at the them. Think about this. Chris Hampton, Brett Keisel, Aaron Smith, James Harrison, James Farrior, Larry Foote, and Lamaar Woodley coming at you. Jesus Christ. Unbelievable and its honestly unfair. All of these guys are veterans, teams have tried to play action on the Steelers all year and so far it has not worked.

What some people don't realize is that the Steelers are pretty hot themselves. They are 8-1 since they lost the Colts. The one they lost was against the Titans. Honest to god I dont think the Steelers even gave a shit about that game. Even Nantz and Simm's noted they noticed the Titans were more pumped for this game.

Here's something else. During this 8-1 run. Only TWO teams have scored more then 14 points. The Titans being one of them, and the Chargers last week.

I think that Arizona has also played better defensively. Also I think the East coast thing isnt as big of a deal as most people may think. Cardinals got blown out not on the east coast but in cold weather places. Tampa Bay, is not a cold weather place.

I remember last year

I read someone who said

You may be right, but I will wait to bet until I hear from the legend that almost never loses his bets

Honestly, this is why I don't like you. I've realized what you doing a long ass time ago. You instigate people. You wanna gloat about something that happened last year? Fine. You win. You were right about that shit last year and I was wrong.

Heres more to fuel the fire

This season

Said Steelers would beat the Giants = LOSS
Said Steelers would beat the Cowboys = win
Said Ravens would beat the Steelers = LOSS
Said Steelers would beat Ravens = win
Said Chargers would win the SB = LOSS

I took you off ignore hoping that you might provide some good information but you would rather irritate me then saying anything worthwhile.

Too early to discuss, but lean Pitt. Defense is the real deal, unlike a certain NFC East team that I won't mention here.

Pitt hasn't seen a real offense in a while though, very interesting ATS matchup.

I think you are incorrect. They played the Chargers who I would think of as a offensive team if anything

They played Cowboys and Patriots (depends what you mean on recently). And held them to 13 and 10.

I remember last year

I read someone who said

an_cheers.gif

Panther 123 ?

Big steelers fan and a sharp

As we're wathing Pitt put Balt away, my grandfather turns to me and asks what the Superbowl line would be and I said "Steelers favored by a TD and 48 as the total." So I guess there's no value for me.

Steelers fan? Definitely. A Sharp?...

:36_11_6:

More than anything, I recall him being a douche-bag asshole of a homer on blankets.

Hell i don`t care asshole or douchebag ...always solid with NFL picks ....

Called that moneyline NE Superbowl win vs Rams ....I will never forget that becuase i tailed it ...

Honestly, this is why I don't like you. I've realized what you doing a long ass time ago. You instigate people. You wanna gloat about something that happened last year? Fine. You win. You were right about that shit last year and I was wrong.

Heres more to fuel the fire

This season

Said Steelers would beat the Giants = LOSS
Said Steelers would beat the Cowboys = win
Said Ravens would beat the Steelers = LOSS
Said Steelers would beat Ravens = win
Said Chargers would win the SB = LOSS

I took you off ignore hoping that you might provide some good information but you would rather irritate me then saying anything worthwhile.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think you are spot on with much of your analysis here Panda. I projected the line at Pgh -7 as well, so I think Pgh wins the game but am not sure about the spread yet. I will almost definitely be playing Pgh ML sometime today since I live in Pgh and can't imagine the odds will move in my favor with all the homers around town. Even if Pgh gets up by double digits, I could easily see a backdoor cover with Larry Fitz on the field. I may make a large moneyline wager today, try to put Pgh in a couple of teasers, then grab the points later (hopefully at least +7) in a partial hedge and hope for a close Pgh win.

lol i love all this arizona love.. arizona this is the team that finished 9-7 in the worst division in nfl. pittsburgh 14-4 vs the toughest schedule in the past 5 years in the nfl. Steelers have better running game, better defense, and i honestly think the offense is a wash. Zona d is cheese, and warner will give us some picks thats a fact. ben will go off on this fuckin weak defense. honestly we are far more physical team than arizona, and add the fact that the stadium will be 75% pittsburgh fans = steelers win by 10+

lol i love all this arizona love.. arizona this is the team that finished 9-7 in the worst division in nfl. pittsburgh 14-4 vs the toughest schedule in the past 5 years in the nfl. Steelers have better running game, better defense, and i honestly think the offense is a wash. Zona d is cheese, and warner will give us some picks thats a fact. ben will go off on this fuckin weak defense. honestly we are far more physical team than arizona, and add the fact that the stadium will be 75% pittsburgh fans = steelers win by 10+

Right on--

Woodley, Harrison, Foote and the other linebacker are like TORPEDOES, they dont just blitz they launch themselves vertically at the QB--

they are way too physical for the cards---
Eagles were a smaller D-- Steelers are STRONG and physical--

This is where the smash mouth defense comes through for the steelers

sammy, its funny im reading covers, and it is all arizona +7 is this line a joke threads. arizona will not run on pittsburgh like they did the last 3 games, and we will tee off on warner.

sammy, its funny im reading covers, and it is all arizona +7 is this line a joke threads. arizona will not run on pittsburgh like they did the last 3 games, and we will tee off on warner.

I agree with most of what you said, except for the offense being a wash. The QB and receivers are far better then Pitt. Ben has the escapability, but nothing else.

So beating Atlanta , Carolina and Philly in playoff games is less relevant then being 9-7 playing in the worst division in football ? Simply put Zona underperformed all season and their schedule outside of the division was not easy or travel friendly ...timing is everything and Zona rarely was in the right spot at the right time ...How much different is Philly then Pittsburgh ?? To me the Eagles are a watered down version of Pittsburgh but only slightily ...Steelers barely beat the most predictable offense in football playing 18 th straight week and 3rd straight road game (which I pounded Pitt both times) and SD off a gut wrenching OT win flying cross country was nice but not ultra impressive...

For me stick with the same approach play of you like Zona play them 1st Quarter but more on the 1st Half . They will struggle to comeback on good defenses in close games IMO ...Dont get me wrong I love alot about this Pitt team but show me the game where they played 4 great Quarters of football on both sides of the ball ..show me even 3 quarters....

I agree with most of what you said, except for the offense being a wash. The QB and receivers are far better then Pitt. Ben has the escapability, but nothing else.

The only thing Pitt beats them as TE . Pitt does have some interesting players @ WR with Holmes , Ward , and Sweed who could at anytime do something special but ARI has Breaston as well beyond the 2 stud WR's starting ..Warner and Big Ben are two different types of QBs ...Warner is more Joe Montana (ish) while Big Ben is a FB who happens to be a damn solid QB ..Pitt can knock Warner around if the pocket collapses ....Hightower is better then Moore and Edge and fast Willie are equal but completely different IMO....

:cheers:

I don't know what to think yet about +7 Zona but I'd be a fool not to play it big when I took Steelers +450 to win Superbowl before divisional playoffs started. (Risk 200 to win 900) think I have to take Cards for at least 3...talk about a nice middle! May even buy it to 7.5 if it doesn't go there itself...advice?

I don't know what to think yet about +7 Zona but I'd be a fool not to play it big when I took Steelers +450 to win Superbowl before divisional playoffs started. (Risk 200 to win 900) think I have to take Cards for at least 3...talk about a nice middle! May even buy it to 7.5 if it doesn't go there itself...advice?

Play AZ on the moneyline, risk 200 to win probably 500 or so.....guaranteed profit.

Back