Cardinals over 20

SHSUHorn

Thief
Am I the only one unloading on this? Todd Haley has been incredible with his play calling in the playoffs with his mixed formations and up tempo style.

Fitzgerald has been unstoppable now that they are putting him all over the field.

The Cardinals are averaging 32 ppg in the playoffs (26 during the season) while the Steelers gave up 19 ppg during the regular season.

I'm loving this over for the Cardinals.

yeah, wagerline has 14.5 and 13 during the playoffs (but look who they played)

<table class="data" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="datahl2">Def</td> <td class="datahl2">Avg</td> <td class="datahl2">Yards</td> <td class="datahl2">Pass</td> <td class="datahl2">Rush</td> <td class="datahl2">Y/R</td> <td class="datahl2">Y/A</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> PIT
ARI</td> <td class="datacell"> 14.5
25.7</td> <td class="datacell"> 238.9
330.4</td> <td class="datacell"> 162.7
225.3</td> <td class="datacell"> 76.2
105.1</td> <td class="datacell"> 3.2
4.0</td> <td class="datacell"> 4.9
6.7</td></tr></tbody></table>

yeah, wagerline has 14.5 and 13 during the playoffs (but look who they played)

<table class="data" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="datahl2">Def</td> <td class="datahl2">Avg</td> <td class="datahl2">Yards</td> <td class="datahl2">Pass</td> <td class="datahl2">Rush</td> <td class="datahl2">Y/R</td> <td class="datahl2">Y/A</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> PIT
ARI</td> <td class="datacell"> 14.5
25.7</td> <td class="datacell"> 238.9
330.4</td> <td class="datacell"> 162.7
225.3</td> <td class="datacell"> 76.2
105.1</td> <td class="datacell"> 3.2
4.0</td> <td class="datacell"> 4.9
6.7</td></tr></tbody></table>
im not sure what you mean by this but I think people should be looking long and hard at the teams the Cardinals played in the playoffs. In my opinion, the only one that suprises me was t he Carolina game. Atlanta and Eagles not at all. Atlanta not good on the road. The Eagles are the biggest hot-cold team weve seen this year. It was almost funny to see ESPN and the Philly fans throwing this team down the toilet after the Bengals game. Then a few weeks later...Eagles are going to the Superbowl.

The Steelers played the toughest schedule anyone has seen in years. Maybe Arizona puts up 20, who know's it could happen. But the Steelers have shut down offenses like this before, and they can do it again, dont think its that easy of a play as people seem to be saying

Horn-- It all depends if you think the Cards will win the game--

In Steelers losses they did give up over that total of 20---

Colts got 24, Tenny got 31 and Giants got 24

I will explain to you in a bit what will happen

But I do agree, bet it if you think they win. No way do they get to 20 if they lose...unless Pittsburgh is up 41-14 late

Hopefully weather won't be a factor. If it's raining like it was when Indy played Chicago, it can damper the passing game. I believe that game was in Florida too, Miami if I remember right.

Am I the only one unloading on this? Todd Haley has been incredible with his play calling in the playoffs with his mixed formations and up tempo style.

Fitzgerald has been unstoppable now that they are putting him all over the field.

The Cardinals are averaging 32 ppg in the playoffs (26 during the season) while the Steelers gave up 19 ppg during the regular season.

I'm loving this over for the Cardinals.

Be careful against these guys;

The 2008 Steelers ranked first in the league in scoring defense, allowing 223 points, and also were top-ranked in total defense and pass defense. They finished second to Minnesota in run defense, which kept them from becoming the first team to lead the league in all four categories since the 1970 merger.

You can see the whole write-up here.
:smiley_acbe:http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/1000002.html

Horn here is the deal on this team total over-----

In terms of this matchup between these 2 teams I believe this is a good bet for many reasons on the team total over, I also believe that the PItts team total could go under 27 points-

You can talk about PItts being so good on defense, the reality is they are a GOOD defense, not a great Defense. The reality is that a Good OFFENSE will always beat a good Defense. We are seeing that more and more these days. From the days of the Rams winning superbowls, to the Pats last year almsot winning one, but going 16-0 and beating the Steelers handily. From the college ranks where Florida can devise an offense that can beat any defense-

The eagles-Cards matchup proved this once again, best secondary in NFL got abused why????
Because as i said when a good offense is executing they will always get open on a good Defense. There is always a guy open, a good offense can find the guy open and make the plays-
ENTER LARRY FITZ- He is open a lot and Warner is finding him pretty easily.

Horn- What I think PItts is good at is holding teams to 3 points at times, I dont think there defense is great at all. They have stopped teams in clutch times, making that sack or that INT. They have playmakers who make plays at KEY TIMES.

ENTER TROY P- He made the play to seal the win for PItts wiht the INT TD vs balty, when in reality they could have lost that game with a late baltimore drive.

What a concern could be is fiield goals--

However ZONA IMO is a team where they dont drive on a team all day long and then screw up in the RED ZONE--

They actually go 3 and out quite a few times, but when they drive and get in the red zone, they score Touchdowns. This is the key, field is smaller, Larry Fitz is singled up and they have plays to throw it to him near the red zone every time.

I actually think with the advantage of special teams, defensive Td which they can get IMO off BIG BEN and Warner moving the ball they can get over 20 points-

I am more sure though HORN they cover this spread-- They can win this game IMO-

In reality no one knows who is better, I could even see them scoring as little as 24 and winning this game-

I think they can get over this total IMO. I think its a good bet--

I see ZONA having the edge with the better offense, and they beat Pitts last year due to WHISENHUNT being on PItts 3 years ago, he knows the team and knows BIG BEN, BIG BEN is not hard to stop, teams are doing it this year with thier shaky O line.

I think ZONA can easily win this game- It will be close within 3 to 7 points, but I see Zona winning this game.

Hey Horn,

I jumped on this as soon as i saw it. As long as it stayed below 21, which obviously it has.
I know Pitt has a very good defense, but this is the superbowl and anything goes. so if they score early because of one blown coverage or because they are down by 35 and they get a prevent td at the end of the game, i think there getting to 21.
it seems like most people dont believe it but i do..
I certainly believe they will get at least 21 and have put a large wager on it.

Stats can be interperted a thousand different ways. like i said, pittsburgh's defense is very good. but take a look at who they played and the situations.
They played baltimore, cleveland and cinci 2x. not exactly offesnive powerhouses, same can be said about Jax and and the redskins.
houston scored 17 on them, indy scored 24, tenn scored 31 on them.. they did shut down new england.. they shut down san diego, but i think sdiego was playing like crap at the time and had to play on the east coast and shut down dallas, romo was out and dallas was already in turmoil... to me, only 2 teams on their schedule, really put up points,, indy and new england.. indy beat them and score 24, pitt beat N.E. with cassell.
Thinking about adding more to this prop, the more i look into it, i actually thought it would move but it hasnt...i guess most people think it will be a low scoring affair.. not me.... just my .02

just my .02

You can talk about PItts being so good on defense, the reality is they are a GOOD defense, not a great Defense. .

:36_11_6: :36_11_6: :36_11_6: what a joke...

sammy - please explain how the PITT defense could be any better than they were this year, and become GREAT in your eyes..... what more could they possibly have done to be considered GREAT, not GOOD?

I want to be proved wrong because I would like to see arizona win this game.

But I think personally theyve been smoke-and-mirrors through the playoffs, especially with people believing that this team actually has a run game.

They ran on atlanta, one of the worst run defenses in the league.
And Carolina i felt was un-prepared, and outcoached. Fox is a fucking idiot

Pitt can stop the run without even needing to committ to it. Arizona will haev no run game at all, which will open give lebeau plenty of options and well-timed blitzes which will be coming from everywhere giving warner shits. lebeau is a genius, and warner's downfall over the years has been being effective while under pressure, he's certainly not mobile.

Zona gets exposed on sunday. But thats just my thoughts, and there are a lot of people i respect on the other side.

The trick plays will not be effective because the cards will have no run game. Pitt can keep clark over the top to help cover fitz or worry about the trick play because they wont need to sell out on the run, at all.

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

so a one dimensional offense, going against a conference that is built on smash mouth football, anchored by tough, hard-nosed physical defenses, is good for the cards?

Cap 2-- Zona will run on PITTS- they may not run all over them for 100 yard but they will run the ball--

PITTS plays run a lot and jams the middle of the line.

WHen you play a team that has 4 receivers spread you spread the Defense out, you cannot have everyone playing the run.
If pITts plays TROY P at the line for the run they are in trouble in this game-

Zona runs the ball and will run it fine cause PItts is more concerned about the pass.

Cap2- It is great for the CARDS to play PITTS- They beat them last year 21-14 with LEINART- That games means nothing to me, but a win is a win in my eyes-
The offense when it is a GREAT offense will always beat a GOOD DEFENSE-

This PItts defense is very OVERRATED-

What did you expect playing vs QB's such as Joe Flacco 3 times, Derek Anderson, Ken Dorsey, Robert Fitzpatrick, Guerrard, jason Cambpell, Sage the Rage?

Come on think about it, they are as good as who they played--
THey shut down the weak teams but were 0-4 vs playoff teams. This means something-

Pitts as you called it is a smash mouth type of team, kind of like a ALABAMA in college football. What happens when they played a very good offensive team in FLORIDA?

CAP the better offense will always beat the better defense. Its that simple there is a guy open and warner finds him most of the time. Philly was the proof of that, Philly was a great defense but vs a executing offense the Qb and receivers should get open most of the time--

Pitts plays and beats teams who dont have playmakers-- Its that simple-

Pitts was good vs the run, but they have lost 0-4 vs playoff teams-

BILLY Bellicheck and Brady never ran on Pitts, they spread them out sideline to sideline and used to rip Pitts apart all the way up and down the field. They even said why run on them when we can throw all day on them. Pats have the right approach throw on PItts all day and you win vs them.
Why run vs them and waste downs?????

The pass rush will tire and the secondary will get beat badly--

Look at the 90's MOntano, Rice, Aikman, irvin, it was all the better offenses winning.

This fascination with defense is bullshit, PItts Defense is not good, the competition they are playing is weak.
CAP 2- as You said when teams like Carolina are in the playoffs wtih JOHN FOX as a head coach????

Half of the QB's in the leauge now in the NFL are marginal at best. Of course Pitts beats the teams in their own division-

OUtside the division they lose to good teams, its fact---

Yeah PItts is strong, they would do good vs a DUNGY team, a team taht is predictable and throws easy routes to read. ZONA stretches the field, PItts does not like to move on defense--

Watch PITTS on D, they basically stand in a BOX- no one really moves on defense, corners are off 10 yards, safeties are really deep off the ball. Linebackers stand in the middle.
They take away throwing lanesa and most QB's as i said are shit and cant baet them.

I am telling you MANNING SISTERS, Kerry Collins and mcnabb all beat this team. A QB that can throw beats PItts every time--

Think about it CAP 2 you are smart, they beat all poor qb's this year. no wins vs any good qb's except Rivers twice, and rivers is up and down.

Cap 2-- Zona will run on PITTS- they may not run all over them for 100 yard but they will run the ball--

Arizona, one the of the worst rushing offenses in football, running on the steelers. :36_11_6:

Arizona, one the of the worst rushing offenses in football, running on the steelers. :36_11_6:

i have a little bit of trouble buying into that argument myself, mad.

:shake:

people think because arizona ran on atlanta they suddenly have a rushing attack. smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors.
you dont develop a running game overnight. zona's rushing attack is anemic.

Cap 2 can you tell me how PItts won their game vs Baltimiore? How were their rushing stats?

Did zona need to run on Eagles to beat them?

Pitts worst enemy is a team that says okay, we cant run on you, but we can sure pass on your ass. Every team that has done this has got over 20 poitns and beat Pitts handily in the past-

Running the ball a lot plays into PItts hands because most offenses are at 3rn and long yards vs them then.

balty showed up last week and said Okay we are going to waste 2 downs, run right into the teeth of the defense and surrender 2 downs. Then we are going to throw 2 receivers vs 7 db's?

Zona is more than capable of passing the ball, and that is how you beat PItts. Once you come out passing then you catch them off guard and the run game will work--

Obviously ZOna is not planning and smashing the run on PITTS, that is how you lose vs PItts, you cant try and outmuscle them and run the ball down their throats-

Wash, Jaxonville tried that and lost badly--

FUck the RUN, you throw on PITTS, they cant stop playmakers--

WHen they over play the PASS, then you run on them--
That is what ZONA will do--

They already beat this team last year, the coaching mismatch in this game is very big, TOMLIN ha ha ha, you will be shocked when is standing there with his pom poms looking at LEBEAU to save the team-

cap 2- you seem to think Pitts in unbeatable? They are a decent team, in fact they were 0-4 vs playoff teams, 4 other teams beat them and zona can beat them.

well SEVEN (7) other teams beat ARI this year, and PITT will make it 8 on Sunday....

:shake:

if you believe AZ scores 20+, then I think you have to be believing they have a mediocum of success running the ball, so I'd wonder about taking the Over for Egde rushing yards before taking AZ Over 20 pts.

AZ has scored 30, 33 & 32 pts in the playoffs, and the Edge has run for 73, 57 & 73 yards in each of those games.

He has a very low U/O 43.5 rushing yards mark for this game, which at his playoff avg (3.94/carry) would require only 11-12 carries.

In theory it doesn't sound hard for AZ to go Over 20 pts while the Edge fails to rush for more than that measly 43 yards, since the vision would be for such a combination an AZ team that's abandoned the run but still has Warner throwing and those receivers ready to catch. But imo however "good but not great" this Pitt D is, it will restrict AZ if all they can offer is 1-dimensionality (AZ can score 6 times and still have this TT go under).

The advantage of taking the Edge Over is he could go over that mark if AZ scored 10 pts, he could go over that if they scored 16 pts, etc. They could have a shitload of bad luck on the red zone, and the Edge still whisks by that rushing mark (against CAR he only averaged 2.85 a carry yet still totaled 57 yards).

I don't think the AZ TT goes Over without the Edge prop going Over, but I think the latter going Over isn't dependant on the former doing so.

if you believe AZ scores 20+, then I think you have to be believing they have a mediocum of success running the ball, so I'd wonder about taking the Over for Egde rushing yards before taking AZ Over 20 pts.

AZ has scored 30, 33 & 32 pts in the playoffs, and the Edge has run for 73, 57 & 73 yards in each of those games.

He has a very low U/O 43.5 rushing yards mark for this game, which at his playoff avg (3.94/carry) would require only 11-12 carries.

In theory it doesn't sound hard for AZ to go Over 20 pts while the Edge fails to rush for more than that measly 43 yards, since the vision would be for such a combination an AZ team that's abandoned the run but still has Warner throwing and those receivers ready to catch. But imo however "good but not great" this Pitt D is, it will restrict AZ if all they can offer is 1-dimensionality (AZ can score 6 times and still have this TT go under).

The advantage of taking the Edge Over is he could go over that mark if AZ scored 10 pts, he could go over that if they scored 16 pts, etc. They could have a shitload of bad luck on the red zone, and the Edge still whisks by that rushing mark (against CAR he only averaged 2.85 a carry yet still totaled 57 yards).

I don't think the AZ TT goes Over without the Edge prop going Over, but I think the latter going Over isn't dependant on the former doing so.

My man I must disagree very strongly with you here--:seeya:

Edge is good, but Cards also use Hightower running the ball. Also teams that are 2 dimensional dont do well vs Steelers because they are good at stopping the run with linebackers and Casey hampton. So teams get in 3rd and long and dont convert on them-

THe way to beat PItts is to throw on them more, just spread them out and let Warner throw the ball. CRIMES Zona will then throw swings and passes out of the backfield. THey are not the type of team to just run for no yards over and over--

Zona will throw on pitts, and with Edge and Hightower both playing it is tough--

I can see Zona winning and this prop going under.

If AZ abandon the run, they're doomed. They can throw as much as they want, 1 dimensionality will not beat Pitt imo. If they don't abandon the run, the Edge will get the necessary amount of carries he needs for that prop to have more than a decent chance of winning. Pitt won't stuff the line, they're not afraid of AZ's running game. If any AZ props are going to go under, they'll belong to AZ's receivers.

Steelers held Moss, Owens and Burress to 10 receptions and 96 yards, TOTAL in 3 games. Yet Sammy continues to say they struggle with their weak D against playmakers, WTF!! Although in Sammy's world, those guys prob aren't playmakers. That would make sense, since he has the Steelers playing against Sage for Hou, even though they played the Steelers week 1 and Sage never saw the field!!!

I thought this was supposed to be a forum to discuss things and bring up valid points, not just spew assanine statements that have no truth or reality.

^^^^
:36_11_6: :36_11_6:

ummmm how do you figure i'm coming out of the woodwork?

as to not hijack the thread - i do think ARI scores over 20 pts....

i see the final score 23-34 PITT wins.... i'll keep the "analysis" to myself....

see post # 13.

As far as the game goes, I have an AFC future of -1, so pitt winning 24-21 works..

FWIW, im not worrying about AZ covering, Im just wondering how much they will win by. I'm thinking they win by 6.

Sammy, you really think that a good offense beats a good defense every time? Haven't we see the contrary a bunch of times (Ravens/Giants, TB/Raiders, NE/Rams, etc)? I hear you on Indy/Chicago a couple years ago, but I thought Indy's DEFENSE was the difference for them that year.

as to not hijack the thread - i do think ARI scores over 20 pts....

i see the final score 23-34 PITT wins.... i'll keep the "analysis" to myself....

34, eh? How many times did Pitt score 30 away from Heinz this year?

well if you want to play that game --- what is ARI's away record, and what are their pts for/against on the ROAD?

My question was not about Arizona, it addressed your assertion that Pittsburgh (with a banged up QB and #1 WR) would be able to put up 34.

FYI, they gave up 30+ points on the road 3 times this year to 3 offenses superior to Pitt (NYJ, Philly, and NE). But that comparison isn't really valid at this point, I think Arizona has shown that they are a different team, especially on defense, in the playoffs. They gave up 13 points on the road to a Carolina team with a comparable offense to Pitt.

Yeah, you have to throw out the Carolina game. Delhome melted down, that's atypical of a playoff game and it was less about the scheme than Jake just shoving his entire head up his ass for 60 minutes.

Back