Capt Slap's Opening Day Plays

Capt. Slap

1st year apprentice of Sammy
No units, just W/L's

I'll post my plays in this window, and thoughts + analysis later on in the thread in forthcoming replies

(No plays in Cards/Mets as of yet, I lean OVER)

4/2

Toronto Blue Jays ML -110 (Halladay? -110...thank you)

Milwaukee Brewers ML -110 (Ben Sheets? -110? vs Derek Blow?...thank you)

Chicago Cubs ML -115 (LOVE Zambrano here)

That's it so far, there's a strong chance I play Tampa Bay (half a unit or so) and I'm leaning towards the Colorado Rockies...I see Arizona putting up 3 or 4 runs, I just need to decide if Colorado can score more than that on Webb...

the cubs were god awful in spring from what i hear on espn 1000 every morning before walking out the door.

zambrano in this spot last year had a meltdown if memory serves me right.

and why is halladay so cheap?

the cubs were god awful in spring from what i hear on espn 1000 every morning before walking out the door.

Well, I'd like to point out that you said Spring Training...

Spring Training is NOT an indication of whats to come for a team as a whole...

Individual players, yes...teams, no (barring key injuries)

Halladay is cheap because he's away from home, facing the Detroit Tigers...I will simply take a shot on Halladay at that price

Not to worried about the Blue Jays offense...I only consider the Tigers Offense slightly better

Also, last year I read favorites went 11-0 on opening day, so I parlayed each favorite for 5 dollars to win 10,000...it's honestly worth a shot IMO...

Not trying to start anything- just wondering how you will have an accurate idea of how you are doing- w/o units? because 10-4 could win less money than 9-7...you know what I mean?

Not sure about going against Lowe but I do like Toronto

BOL:cheers:

Not trying to start anything- just wondering how you will have an accurate idea of how you are doing- w/o units? because 10-4 could win less money than 9-7...you know what I mean?

Not sure about going against Lowe but I do like Toronto

BOL:cheers:

I understand what you're saying, and I could post "units" or "dollars" if you really wanted, but whats the point?

I could come in here claiming 100 unit plays, and say I'm up "40,000 units on the season"...what does that show? Nothing except someone that wants to boast about themselves

I'm simply trying to provide info on what I like, and what I'll be playing

For the most part, I'm mostly bet everything flat (Usually all bets are to win either 50 or 100, I'm in college so I don't bet huge) and I WILL post when I'm playing a game large (I'm sure you can imagine that it'd be a lot more then say, to win 100)...I do understand what you're saying because, people play dogs and huge ML's in baseball, so I guess posting units will make more sense...and maybe I will

Hope that explains things, and hopefully I don't come off like a jackass lol

Cubs were awful? Finished over .500 and had the best ERA in Arizona.

Thanks everyone, I've decided I'll post my units as I understand why people would want to see (and I'm sure it will help me too documenting my winnings/losses)

For 4/2 I'm playing the following (even though I posted above)

Milwaukee - 1.1 Units to win 1

Toronto - 1.1 Units to win 1

Cubs - 1.15 Units to win 1

I may be adding a play on the Cards/Mets game...because hey, it's opening day :cheers:

Actually adding one play for tonight, because I see value in it

New York Mets OVER 3.5 Runs - 1.2 Units to win 1

BOL tonight y'all

I understand Captain, but there is no point in posting a record without units...Its either both or niether IMO....

It does not bother me at all, but I am just saying for your keeping. You could use 1 unit and no one will know what that unit is expet you (i.e. $10 $25 $50 $100 $500)....

Yeah I'm gonna post the units, I understand what you mean

I thought it'd be a bitch to keep up with, I've never done it...but I'll start now GL

Brewer......I would just like to get a definition of what "god awful" is??? Even though we all know that spring records dont mean shit, last I checked the Cubs finished the spring at 17-13, which if taken as a serious indication of how a team will fare during the regular season would equate out to 92 wins. If 92 wins is "god awful", I sure hope that we are "god awful." That being said, the Brewers on the other hand finished the spring 13-17, so just wondering what you would call that???.........And as for Zambrano, yeah he was pretty bad on opening day last year. He has gone 4.2 innings in his first start of each of the last two seasons, but that being said........just call it a hunch, but I have a feeling that he may be going a little bit further on Opening Day this year.

i honestly didnt take the time to sit down and watch a game but everytime i tuned into espn 1000 in the morning they were talking about hwo the team fails to hit the cutoff and their outfield is real inconsisent. also there is a big void in your pen and if anyone besides carlos will step up in your starting rotation.

dont shoot the messanger bro but i heard a lot of complaining.

also im not a fan of the brewers. the name is a nickname amongst the poker table. my team resides in the other side of town. and we will own you guys come interleauge.

gl this year. you loveable losers. :)

These two things I know for sure:

This team will score, and I am talking in bunches.

This bullpen will not be a weakness.

These two things I fear:

Starting pitching. I think Zambrano and Hill will put up big numbers, but Lilly scares me (Fly Ball pitcher in Wrigley), and Marquis I never liked to begin with.

Defense. Cant argue not hitting the cutoff man. Defense is most certainly not a strength of this team. I am just hoping they score enough runs that it wont be that big of an issue. The Defense in the infield is pretty solid, the outfield is pretty bad defensively.

And I doubt that you will own us come interleague, it will probably be more like a 3-3 split. And you better hope for both of our sakes that the asshat that write for the Tribune (Mike Downey) is a damn fool, because he picked both of our teams to finish 4th.

ya the radio show basically spoke of what you said. scoring is a must with your current rotation.

i dont know what to expect from the white sox. our division is brutal. i may be content with 84 wins.

And the Sox were 10-22 in the spring, which makes the Brewers look like a World Series contender! I will take 17-13 over 10-22 anyday, regardless of whether it is just spring or not.

lol. i know. thank god our table setter in pods is back earlier then expected. he makes us go. i dont like tadahito not in the 2 hole. should be intersting for both sides of the city this year.

My personal opinion is that the Cubs will finish 2nd in the NL Central, and the Sox 3rd in the AL Central. Detroit and Minnesota are both going to be very tough, and everyone seems to think that Cleveland is going to be much better this year. One thing is for damn sure.......I am very glad that the Cubs are playing in the NL Central instead of the AL Central!!! That division is going to be brutal. Every team in the NL Central has some major flaws, which certainly is not the case for the AL Central. NL Central will be easier for us to win than the AL Central will be for you guys.

Nice talking baseball tonight, but I need to get some sleep before I drive up to Cincy to watch the Cubbies win on opening day tommorow!

capt,

do a progressive parlay too. Better chance of making a profit.

What you talking about for the parlay? I'm not parlaying any of these (unless you're talking about the 14 favorites for 5 bucks)

Anyways, that lost cause of the Cardinals, so oh well

I am adding one play however

Milwaukee Brewers (Alternate) Runline -2.5 .....Risking 1 unit to win 2.5 units

Trust me, if Milwaukee wins IMO it's because Sheets will be on point

I expect a 9-3 finish

sheets has gotten beat up a bit in spring training and lowe has been pretty good.. (5.71 ERA , .313 opp. average for sheets vs 3.38, .264 for Lowe) other than that stat i like the brew crew alot but i personally will be laying off of it... BOL though

Thanks Orange, I appreicate the stats

See my problem gambling is I go with my heart too much. I always make homer picks, but those picks are usually only on players I like (Like I'll ALWAYS bet Sheets when he's pitching, same usually with Peavy and Kazmir, but I'm laying off them tomorrow)...or teams I like (Arizona and Providence for example)

Hope that explains things a bit, I do like the Brewers tomorrow though

ooooohhh ohhh ohhh its a soliddddd daaaaay to be a baseball fannn

ohhh ooohhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhhh its a great day

it's just a great day over, all bought MLB.tv Premium, and I got to watch Ben Sheets pitch the greatest ball game EVER! Yes, ever!

Anddddddd we have a good start so far with one game pending

Recap so far:

Mets Over 3.5 - Winner
Milwaukee ML - Winner
Milwaukee Alternate RL -2.5 - Winner :eek:
Toronto ML - Winner

Cubs - Pending (doesn't look good)

Record so far: 4-0, +5.5 Units

Let's make a comeback Cubbiesss

Arghhhhhh Cubs lose...oh well

4-1, +4.35 Units

I may make a play on the Mariners and Angels tonight...I'm just looking at some things first bbl

One SMALL play for tonight

Oakland A's reverse RL -1.5.... (.5 unit to win .8 Unit)

I hate to go against my boy Felix the King but I really think Oakland is going to take this in the later innings...I expect a garbage run to be scored and Oakland to win by 2 or 3

God damnit I knew I shouldn't have bet against King Felix :eek:

The stuff he has today is just RIDICULOUS

Ben Sheets-esq

Back