Capping the NBA Playoffs if they were to start today...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Obviously they are not starting today, and will not be for a long time. But, if the season does resume and they go right back to the playoffs.... we could have our match-ups set already. In the East, the top 8 are basically set. All teams have played 64 or 65 games. It is pretty fair other than a one game difference in a tiebreaker. In the West, everyone has played 64 or 65 as well except the Lakers with 63 and Dallas with 67. If you look at the standings, imo, everything looks fair enough through tiebreakers...

So,

East

Milwaukee v Orlando
Miami vs Indiana

Toronto vs Brooklyn
Boston vs Philadelphia

West

LA Lakers vs Memphis
Utah Jazz vs Oklahoma City

LA Clippers vs Dallas
Denver vs Houston

*higher seed listed first and I put them in bracket formation

What are your thoughts?

Couple quick takes from me...

-Out West, 2 of 4 lower seeds win in the first round
-These are really fun series overall in the West
-The East has two really good series and two awful ones(we knew that coming in)
-Toronto and Boston is going to be a 2nd round WAR

are they playing in a gym in South Dakota ?

this story from Windhorst is wild
Interesting story. Go to Atlantis play in that gym (no idea on other particulars). I'll tell ya what LeBron, you might have to suck it up without fans bud. The Vegas idea is hilarious because you aren't convincing players to stay in one spot there (yes, by time NBA playoffs are played Vegas will be open).

Are you penciling in Boston?

Simmons will be healthy by the times NBA restarts
Yeah, I'm not enamored by Philly at all. Now, this is a different Boston team than the one that has tormented Philly in playoffs past but they have a better team and MUCH better coach.

Back