Capping The Game and The Daily Sports Edge 2019 College Football Underdog Challenge! -- Cash Prizes

Welcome to Capping The Game and The Saturday Edge 2018 College Football Underdog Challenge!

This will be a season long contest that will be based solely on underdogs.

Goal:

*To have the most points at the end of the contest
*To have the most points at the end of a given week

How Does the Contest Work?

*You will pick 3 underdogs per week from the available numbers given to you by contest administrators in the weekly thread. Lines will be from Bookmaker.
*Only wins will be used. Losses/ties will be considered as 0 points.

When Does the Contest Start and When Does it End?

*The Contest will start with Week 1 (Week 0 is not available).
*Entries will be taken until 7pm eastern in Week 10 (Saturday, November 9th)
*The last official week is Week 14

So, What are the Rules?

*You must make exactly 3 picks in any given week. Anymore or less and you are graded as having not played that week.
*You must make at minimum 12 picks for the entirety of the contest
*The most picks you can make are 42 total (that is 3 picks for all 14 weeks)

Tell me about the Scoring!

*Here is an example entry for one week

Purdue +235
Arizona State +420
Western Kentucky +655

The above results see a Purdue loss, an ASU win and an WKU loss.

Your point total for the week = 420 points

Okay, what happens if there is a TIE for the season long prize after Week 14?

*If there is a tie, we will implement a 5 game Bowl Playoff for those participants

That sounds great! But, is there a weekly prize in case I have a great week?

*There sure is! Weekly prizes will be handed out each week. In the event of a tie during a week, the member who posted ALL 3 of their picks first will be the winner that particular week(timestamps will be used).

This sounds simple and fun, just find some dogs! How am I eligible to enter?

*All CTG members with at least 50 posts by November 30th, 2018 will be eligible for the prize.
*You must be signed up for the TSE Newsletter before you will be granted access to the private forum
*All aliases will be prohibited from winning the prize at contests end
*Multiple entries are NOT Allowed

When will the Lines be Posted Each Week? Which Games are Eligible?

*Lines will be posted each Thursday by midday by a contest administrator.
*Only posted lines are available
*Only Thursday-Saturday games are used (exception will be Week 1).

Any Other Rules I Should Know?

*You may add picks as you go. Please quote your original pick(s) instead of editing. Timestamps will be used to ensure validity of posts. You may cancel a play and replace as long as it is before the respective kick-offs.
*Lines do not change. Thursday morning lines will be our barometer. Please cap accordingly.

One More Question, What DO I WIN??

*Cash Prizes, just the requirements of a TSE newsletter and CTG minimum of 50 posts(by end of week 14) as described above.

Okay, Cash! How Much??

1st Place Overall = 275.00 via Paypal
2nd Place Overall= 125.00 via Paypal
Weekly High Points = 25.00 via Paypal

***All Prizes will be awarded after completion of the full contest***

Last edited:
If I'm in this thread does that mean I'm all set? I did not see another forum/thread for this contest.

If I'm in this thread does that mean I'm all set? I did not see another forum/thread for this contest.
*All CTG members with at least 50 posts by November 30th, 2018 will be eligible for the prize.
*You must be signed up for the TSE Newsletter before you will be granted access to the private forum
*All aliases will be prohibited from winning the prize at contests end
*Multiple entries are NOT Allowed

When will the Lines be Posted Each Week? Which Games are Eligible?

*Lines will be posted each Thursday by midday by a contest administrator.
*Only posted lines are available
*Only Thursday-Saturday games are used (exception will be Week 1).

BAR I wasn't asking because I was too lazy to read the rules. I had signed up for the newsletter but still didn't see the additional forum. I see it now though. Thanks man.

I signed up for the newsletter, got an email confirming it and then clicked the link in the email. It sent me back to this thread...where are the lines and contest page?

Im having a hell of a time. Im already subscribed to newsletter but followed links, got a email, clicked that link which brought me back here, then I try to click link above to find forum and says I don’t have permission to view.

Im having a hell of a time. Im already subscribed to newsletter but followed links, got a email, clicked that link which brought me back here, then I try to click link above to find forum and says I don’t have permission to view.
Will check bud.

I should meet all criteria as of a bit ago, if it's possible can I get activated in time to place picks tonight/tomorrow? If not, I get it, thank you for running this contest.

I should meet all criteria as of a bit ago, if it's possible can I get activated in time to place picks tonight/tomorrow? If not, I get it, thank you for running this contest.
Yes will get ya set up.
Even if you miss Week 1 you are still good to go for whenever, rest of the season.
That’s whats great about the contest. You can get in anytime and still move up the leaderboard!

Yes will get ya set up.
Even if you miss Week 1 you are still good to go for whenever, rest of the season.
That’s whats great about the contest. You can get in anytime and still move up the leaderboard!
I am still not able to get in

Back