capping question: cfb compared to cbb

KingKrunked

Resident Bad Ass
i made a killing last cbb season using various capping tactics mainly simple reverse linemovement, along we personal knowledge of each team.

i will admit that i dont know dick about cfb, do you guys cap cfb and cbb similar? ive heard its fairly similar, but would like more input...thanks

KingKrunked said:
i made a killing last cbb season using various capping tactics mainly simple reverse linemovement, along we personal knowledge of each team.

i will admit that i dont know dick about cfb, do you guys cap cfb and cbb similar? ive heard its fairly similar, but would like more input...thanks

IMO....there are some similarities between the two...I think home field plays a much larger role in the big games in CFB, esp the big matchups...

I will say I think situational handicapping plays a much larger role in college football....

CBB has three times the amount of games in about same timeframe...more chances for lay down games.

CFB is very large on situational handicapping like Jump said.

MistaFlava said:
You get moosed a lot more in basketball because of FT's and shit

We might end up getting it more in CFB with the new rule changes this season.
jaja.gif

SoonerBS said:
We might end up getting it more in CFB with the new rule changes this season.
jaja.gif

the general consensus among coaches seemed to be that it will hurt the comeback teams who are slow starters...Bolatti and Tiller both seemed to really be pissed about the rule...

We know Oregon's propencity for getting into 17-0 holes in those TBS games!!

JumpOnBoard said:
the general consensus among coaches seemed to be that it will hurt the comeback teams who are slow starters...Bolatti and Tiller both seemed to really be pissed about the rule...

We know Oregon's propencity for getting into 17-0 holes in those TBS games!!

rjurewitz posted some good articles on the rule changes in one of these threads. I'm telling everyone who plans on laying bets this first week, you will be well advised to read the articles before you lay the bets. ESPECIALLY Totals players!

clever.gif

Yup..consensus is the loss of 12 plays per game...some say 15-18...

My thought since it came out was to wait for the totals to be bet up, which 80% of them will be, then value bet those unders....esp if your choosy with some veteran defenses, some serious cash seems to be there for at least the first week, if not a couple more, just in the overlay on the unders...we know the public loves overs, and I guarantee u about 95% of the people betting don't even know about the rule changes..

JumpOnBoard said:
Yup..consensus is the loss of 12 plays per game...some say 15-18...

My thought since it came out was to wait for the totals to be bet up, which 80% of them will be, then value bet those unders....esp if your choosy with some veteran defenses, some serious cash seems to be there for at least the first week, if not a couple more, just in the overlay on the unders...we know the public loves overs, and I guarantee u about 95% of the people betting don't even know about the rule changes..

Exactly!! Damn good point!
smiley_abcs.gif
I'm really beginning to think that the TOTALS plays may be some of the best plays to make in week #1.

All I can say is that I have passion for both CFB and CBB but I don't even notice CBB until after the final Bowl Game has been played in January.

Anyone else the same?

mista, I bet like 20 college hoops games in Dec. this year, but that was the first year in a long time because I remained so focused on football...

Back