Canelo vs Money Mayweather

crawdads

Fairway to Heaven
Interesting matchup. I've seen Saul fight once, is he ready for the big stage? Seems like a huge step up in competition. Not sure his handlers are doing what's best for this kid.

Wow, is this signed? I hope it is. I don't think he's ready for PBF yet but it will be an entertaining fight.

I first heard of Canelo a couple years ago when my co-worker told me about some rich Mexican tycoon billionaire was supposedly offering a shit load of money I think it was to PBF to fight him, maybe it was someone else, but I started watching him then. The guy is solid. He's got skills and is only going to get better with age. He's young, 22 i think but the guy can fight. I hope they fight now but it would be better if he got a little more experience before taking on PBF.

What's funny is the guy doens't even look Mexican, red head, reminds me of an Andy Dalton type guy but he speaks fluent spanish.

Yeah...I've heard nothing about a Money May vs Canelo deal in the works.
Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s next fight is likely to be in May against Canelo Alvarez, as expected.Alvarez shared the information on his official Facebook page Thursday.“HOLA!! SALUDOS nuestra siguiente pelea esta planeada para realizarse el 4 de mayo estamos cerca de concretar la pelea con mayweather VAMOS CON TODO!!” Alvarez wrote.For those who don’t speak Spanish, Alvarez said, “our next fight is scheduled to take place on May 4, we are close to finalizing the Mayweather fight.”Alvarez is signed with Golden Boy Promotions, which frequently promotes Mayweather’s fights. Golden Boy, much like Bob Arum’s Top Rank Productions, likes to pair its fighters against each other.In January, Canelo was reported to be a candidate to fight Mayweather. Mayweather ultimately chose to face Miguel Cotto and beat him in a unanimous decision. It looks like he is choosing Alvarez for May.Mayweather was also said to have interest in facing Robert Guerrero, who is coming off a win over Andre Berto. Though he may be leaning toward facing Alvarez in May, Mayweather could choose to fight twice next year, and Guerrero could be his opponent in September.Alvarez is 41-0-1 with 30 knockouts in his career. He beat Josesito Lopez (who previously stunned Victor Ortiz), an aging Shane Mosley, and Kermit Cintron in his last three fights. The 22-year-old built up a good part of his fighting resume as a teenager in Mexico. This would be his first megafight.

I don't think Canelo stands a chance in hell against Mayweather. Floyd won't sit on the ropes and allow Canelo to throw combinations. And Canelo doesn't have the kind of jab that can frustrate Mayweather. Mayweather boxes his ears off, imo.

Agree 100%, Jab. Canelo at a huge disadvantage, experience-wise. Money's defense will frustrate the hell outta him.

should be a good fight.

agree that canelo ain't ready to fight someone like the caliber of mayweather but definitely see this fight as an exciting one.

Back