Canelo vs JCC Jr

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
Might as well get this going now. This is a HUGE fight, for marketing reasons more than the skill as P4P guys squaring off. It comes a few years late, like many boxing matches unfortunately. But, not too late. Not Gamboa/Lopez late lol, and not quite Floyd/PAC late.
that is the catch weight( I'm no fan of them at all) they are throwing at. JCC Jr has had trouble getting to Super middle before(168)....
Canelo fights at 154 lately and one has to think that he agreed to come up to this weight because he thinks(like the line says and others) he can deal on the under skilled fellow Mexican.
ive seen some crazy odds on line.....Chavez -900 to -650

if anyone has the most recent that your local or whomever has id be interested to see....as well as the props and o/u.

i guess the thought is Canelo will do a Money May dance in there and box Chavez's ears off. I'm not sure Canelo wants to phone booth it with him, which is what JCC likes to do and work the body....with JCC being beat up and knocked down by Fonfara in his last fight(another fuckin catch W at 172).....Maybe JCC is gun shy, but it's never been his style. He fights small for a big guy, and I'm curious to see how he rolls against Canelo....I've only seen Canelo change his style once and that was vs Floyd....

should be be a cool fight I think and the crowd should be crazy...
again, odds and props please

also boxing may be dead....but not at Wembley Stadium tonight where 90 thousand people came to watch new sensation Brit Anthony Joshua beat longtime HW champ Wladdy Klitschko in a good fight.
so maybe boxing ain't all the way dead huh lol?

Side bar on the HW fight tonight:

Both guys all class in there during and after the fight.

For those that like the HW division and think that rules and gets gloves going and big......there are some real nice fighters out there right now on the come up that can pop and make nice fights.
Should be fun to watch the young talent...

Might as well get this going now. This is a HUGE fight, for marketing reasons more than the skill as P4P guys squaring off. It comes a few years late, like many boxing matches unfortunately. But, not too late. Not Gamboa/Lopez late lol, and not quite Floyd/PAC late.
that is the catch weight( I'm no fan of them at all) they are throwing at. JCC Jr has had trouble getting to Super middle before(168)....
Canelo fights at 154 lately and one has to think that he agreed to come up to this weight because he thinks(like the line says and others) he can deal on the under skilled fellow Mexican.
ive seen some crazy odds on line.....Chavez -900 to -650

if anyone has the most recent that your local or whomever has id be interested to see....as well as the props and o/u.

i guess the thought is Canelo will do a Money May dance in there and box Chavez's ears off. I'm not sure Canelo wants to phone booth it with him, which is what JCC likes to do and work the body....with JCC being beat up and knocked down by Fonfara in his last fight(another fuckin catch W at 172).....Maybe JCC is gun shy, but it's never been his style. He fights small for a big guy, and I'm curious to see how he rolls against Canelo....I've only seen Canelo change his style once and that was vs Floyd....

should be be a cool fight I think and the crowd should be crazy...
again, odds and props please

also boxing may be dead....but not at Wembley Stadium tonight where 90 thousand people came to watch new sensation Brit Anthony Joshua beat longtime HW champ Wladdy Klitschko in a good fight.
so maybe boxing ain't all the way dead huh lol?
I loved the hype to all the old school fights back in the day. Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, Oscar, Tito etc.
However. Boxing is DEAD.
Yea last night that was a good fight to watch but you never know what you're gonna get from fight to fight.
And to make people PPV in a dying sport.... that's bad marketing.
HBO should show the fight live on Sat night no PPV.

More fights are on regular tv than ever before though, even though PBC contract is about done.

the HW division hasn't been those loaded in years guys.....FACTS. And the top of the division can ALL bomb and they have sick KO %s

look HW isn't even my 4th fave division, but I know it is to the masses

[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesSubHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>Catchweight 12 rounds - T-Moblie Arena - Las Vegas, Nevada - HBO PPV</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Sat 5/6[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]501 Julio Cesar Chavez Jr[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_4" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> +472 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="L1_4" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> o9½ -199 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD]11:00PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]502 Saul Alvarez[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_4" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> -578 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="L2_4" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> u9½ +171

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Chavez got small shot. Line coming down with a little money on Chavez coming in. But Canelo still a big fave.

Can't fucking wait for that. Who will be the favorite? Where they fighting at? Vegas I guess?

What? an actual fight with two good fighters when one isn't washed up yet? Hold the phone.

Back