Canadian Open Week ...and Euro Open Week....

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
This is the last year of the unfavorable spot in the schedule. Bridgestone is next week...

Discuss...

The benefit of being a sponsor for so many players is that you can have a pretty strong field, especially considering it's sandwiched between a major and a WGC

Was looking thru briefly and there are quite a few coming from Scotland to play

Also solid field in Europe.

Pat Perez is staying overseas. Love that guy.

he was a 1st round WD last year @ Green Eagles GC. other PGA players in the field this year, Charl Schwartzel T-12th [-8] Patrick Reed T-19th [-6] and Bryson DeChambeau (did not play last year) . last year winner Jordan L Smith [-13] in a playoff over Alex Levy :shake:

"Poulter-geist" +4750 (40-1 at all Las Vegas books) looks interesting. coming off a CUT at The Open BUT was 3rd here last season [-20] and playing decent in Europe up until The Open making his cuts

LOTS of high odds "cats & dogs" that have been close in recent tourneys:
Troy Merritt 80-1 (WON Barbasol [-23] last week)
Tom Lovelady 80-1 (T-2nd Barbasol [-22] last week)
Bronson Burgoon 80-1 (T-2nd John Deere [-19] T-6th National [-10])
Joel Dahmen 80-1 (T-2nd John Deere [-19] T-5th Greenbier [-12])
Sam Ryder 80-1 (T-2nd John Deere [-19] T-7th Barbasol [-19])
JT Poston 100-1 (T-5th Barbasol [-21] last week)
Ryan Armour 125-1 (solo 2nd National [-13] WON early season Sanderson Farms [-19])
Kelly Kraft 125-1 (solo 2nd Greenbrier [-14]
Abraham Anser 125-1 (T-4th National [-11]
Sung Kang 150-1 (solo 3rd National [-12]

he was a 1st round WD last year @ Green Eagles GC. other PGA players in the field this year, Charl Schwartzel T-12th [-8] Patrick Reed T-19th [-6] and Bryson DeChambeau (did not play last year) . last year winner Jordan L Smith [-13] in a playoff over Alex Levy :shake:

He was actually DQ'd not WD. Signed incorrect score card

Canadian Open 1st round leader Robert Garrigus nine birdie NO bogie [-9] was pre-tourney 150-1 "Gus ??? a golfer named GUS ???" :popcorn:

Canadian Open 1st round suspended due to weather with about a half of the field still out

Hokey Smoke "Cocker Tommy" Fleetwood!!! one over thru #12 THEN goes EAGLE-birdie-birdie- EAGLE to get to [-5] thru #16 before the round suspended :)

AND Brooks Koepka playing like his kid brother Chase on the Euro Tour with 3 birdies, 3 bogies and 2 DOUBLES for [+4] thru #16. REALLY ??? the guy is the US Open champion, his ONLY CUT this season at the Zurich Classic two ball in New Orleans and is OWGR #4. WTF ??? :(

gonna be a LONG schlag for those with 5 or 6 holes to play to finish their 1st round Friday and THEN go right into the second

Last edited:
Brooks is prolly glad to miss a cut and get some rest, to be honest.

well then WHY the HELL would he even LIST ??? this is only his third tourney since the US Open. I know these guys are "pampered poodles", esp the "stars", but JEEZ!!! got WGC-Bridgestone and then PGA Championship next. Brooks maybe played as a favor to his good buddy DJ who was committed because RBC one of his sponsors :confused:

Holy Wes Bryan. 11 over in 3 holes including a 12 on a par 5. Follows that up with a smooth triple, then a stock bogey.

AND Bryan ends up "Dairy Queened" :hang:

another "WHO let the DOGS OUT ???" tourney so far. Kevin Tway (pre-tourney 100-1) the 2nd round leader [-7] for tourney [-13] one up on Keegan Bradley [-9] and Whee Kim [-7] for [-12] (pre-tourney 50-1 and 150-1) and two up on Byeong-Hun An [-5] and Johnson Wagner [-7] (pre-tourney 50-1 and 125-1) for [-11]. four more @ [-10] including Dustin Johnson who will probably be the adjusted "to win" odds favorite (or close to it) going into the weekend. first round leader "Gary-Gus" returned to form [even] for [-9] :cool:

Dustin Johnson who will probably be the adjusted "to win" odds favorite (or close to it) going into the weekend. Yep Yep :confused:

adjusted "to win" odds after 2nd round @ Westgate
[2nd round/tourney scores]
Dustin Johnson 2-1 [-6/-10] T-6th
Kevin Tway 7-1 [-7/-13] >>> 1st
Keegan Bradley 8-1 [-9/-12] T-2nd
Byeong-Hun An 10-1 [-5/-11] T4th
Jaoquin Niemann 12-1 [-5/-10] T-6th
Whee Kim 14-1 [-7/-120 T-2nd
Johnson Wagner 25-1 [-7/-11] T-4th
Ian Poulter 25-1 [-3/-9] T-10th
Tommy Fleetwood 30-1 [-1/-7] T-23rd
Tony Finau 40-1 [-5/-6] T-37th
Aaron Baddeley 40-1 [-6/-10] T-6th
Rory Sabbatini 40-1 [-5/-9] T-10th
Andrew Putnam 50-1 [-4/-9] T-10th
Zac Blair 50-1 [-5/-10] T-6th
Robert Garrugus 50-1 [even/-9] T-10th
Harold Varner III 60-1 [-5/-8] T-15th
Nick Taylor 80-1 [-5/-9] T-10th
Joel Dahmen 80-1 [-4/-7] T-23rd
Shane Lowry 100-1 [-5/-7] T-23rd
Alex Cejka 100-1 [-5/-8] T-15th
Steve Wheatcroft 100-1 [-4/-8] T-15th
Brandt Snedeker 100-1 [-2/-6] T-37th
Charley Hoffman 100-1 [-1/-5] T-44th
Hudson Swafford 100-1 [-2/-8] T-15th
Steve Stricker 100-1 [-3/-7] T-23rd
Gary Woodland 100-1 [even/-5] T-44th
Cameron Percy 125-1 [-4/-8] T-15th
Brian Stuard 125-1 [even/-7] T-23rd
Ben Silverman 125-1 [-9/-8] T-15th (a Canadian player that shoots [-9] in a round and last week T-12th [-17] with a final round [-7] @ Barbasol worth a "sprinkle")
FIELD 12-1

Seems like the kind of tournament Niemann might get his first win

definitely playing well with two [-5] rounds and only three behind. 12-1 odds do NOT really have "value" for me though. "Cocker Tommy" Fleetwood looks interesting @ 30-1 only because he can shoot "wicked low" when he gets it going and six back is makeable with the low scores. two players with [-9] and three with [-7] rounds Friday along with "Gus" [-9] Thursday. SOMEONE probably gonna shoot a "bomber" round Saturday or Sunday I just HOPE it is NOT DJ :confused:

well Dustin Johnson 3rd round [-7] for tourney [-17] tied for the lead with Byeong-Hun An [-6], Whee Kim [-5] and Kevin Tway [-4]. the best of the rest four back @ [-13]. unless he does something really WEIRD Sunday it is DJ's tourney to win and I will LOSE my ASS once again. I am VERY surprised "Wee Wee" hung in as good as he did :golffrustrated:

adjusted "to win" odds after 3nd round @ Westgate [3rd round/tourney scores]

Dustin Johnson even [-7/-17]
Byeong-Hun An 7-2 [-6/-17]
Kevin Tway 5-1 [-4/-17]
Whee Kim 5-1 [-5/-17]
Rory Sabbatini 60-1 [-4/-13]
Hudson Swafford 100-1 [-5/-13]
Tommy Fleetwood 125-1 [-4/-11]
Tony Finau 125-1 [-5/-11]
Charley Hoffman 150-1 [-6/-11]
Joel Dahmen 150-1 [-5/-12]
Robert Garrigus 200-1 [-3/-12]
Abraham Ancer 200-1 [-7/-12]
Danny Lee 200-1 [-5/-12]
Chris Stroud 250-1 [-5/-12]
Johnson Wagner 250-1 [-1/-12]
Keegan Bradley 250-1 [+1/-11]
Shane Lowry 250-1 [-4/-11]
FIELD 40-1
Tyler Duncan [7/-11]
Mackenzie Hughes [-5/-11]
Zac Blair [-1/-11]

kind of surprised DJ odds only even. was thinking would be -150 to -200 considering he shot [-7] Saturday, WON two tourneys already this season AND is OWGR #1 in the world :confused:

Oh, "of interest" is Tommy Fleetwood 125-1. anyone that can shoot a final round [-7] 63 at "Shinne-Cocksucker" can probaly shoot 10 under at Glen Abby. also Tony Finau 125-1 who can shoot "wicked low" when he gets it going. BOTH worth a $4 for $504 "sprinkle" just incase something WEIRD happens :shake:

Last edited:
Lifelong journeyman makes a putt to win his first ever event and Bryson storms off without shaking his hand, pissy that he blew up. I knew it would be sooner rather than later that smug prick would go straight spoiled brat on the course. Classless fool.

Lifelong journeyman makes a putt to win his first ever event and Bryson storms off without shaking his hand, pissy that he blew up. I knew it would be sooner rather than later that smug prick would go straight spoiled brat on the course. Classless fool.

Golf Channel did NOT broadcast the Porsche European Open final round in the west coast time zone SO did NOT see what happened but BOTH DeCham-"blows" AND "Fat Pat" Reed BLEW UP Sunday. "Dr Strange Club" with a one birdie four bogie and a TRIPLE on #18 to finish [-6] and "Fat Pat" one birdie on #4 THEN five bogies the rest of the round for [-7]. BAD weather conditions OR did they BOTH just CHOKE ??? :hang:

BAD tourney for "Papa Ratte" this week :golffrustrated:

GOD DAMN!!! Keegan Bradley in the clubhouse with a final [-8] for tourney [-19] just TWO behind DJ. I get enough money back to "get out of the trap" with EVERY player [-14] or better still out EXCEPT HIM!!! was adjusted "to win" 250-1 going into Sunday and HE shoots the round I thought Tommy Fleetwood might shoot!!! NOW I gotta SWEAT DJ and "Wee Wee"!!! :mad:

OK!!! "Wee Wee" final [-3] for [-20] takes care of the potential Bradley problem. DJ gonna WIN the tourney and THAT gets me "OUT of the TRAP"!!! I HOPE "Wee Wee" can hang on to solo 2nd. would be HUGE for the young Korean. Ah RATS!!! B-H An ties him on #18 but a two way TIE 2nd STILL a good payday :)

Dustin Johnson final round [-6] for tourney [-23] the WINNER (Woop-De-Doo) :popcorn:

Last edited:
Was anyone else tempted to bet Yip vs Lovemark today? I didn't pull the trigger but how do I pass up betting a golfer named Yip?? Too funny... Took the week off I was on vacation. Hope you guys had a great week...

Was anyone else tempted to bet Yip vs Lovemark today? I didn't pull the trigger but how do I pass up betting a golfer named Yip?? Too funny... Took the week off I was on vacation. Hope you guys had a great week...

pretty GOOD in Canada, RBTrojan but a WRECK (again) in Germany. I have LOST my Euro Tour tourney match play "magic feather" :mad:

a number of "big bucks" Canadian Open final round match plays WORKED
Mackenzie Hughes +170 (low Canadian in the tourney) over Tony Finau [-4/+1]
Ryan Yip +170
(also a Canadian) over Jamie Lovemark [-2/+2]
Andrew Putnam +145
over Joaquin Niemann [-5/even] (I think Niemann a BIG disappointment to a LOT of people this week finishing tie 37th) :(

WGC-Bridgestone Invitational @ Firestone CC, Akron, Ohio next week is BOTH a Euro Tour and PGA event. Byeong Hun An "squeeks in" with his tied 2nd in Canada. I am sure Dustin Johnson will be the favorite after his Canadian Open WIN. "Francesco Molinari" should be a "hot" too off his Open Championship win AND his win at the BMW PGA [-17] @ the Wentworth Club in England which is a similar tight tree lined golf course. hard to argue with "The Mole" recent record of three WINS and two seconds in his last six tourneys :shake:

Back