Canadian Football 2016

Ottawa/edm over 53.
Ottawa 6

Eskimos can't be ready in the defensive backfield with the turnover (to the bad) there and with Ojo out. Not positive redblacks get enough pass rush to stop edm either but seems coin flippish on the side with both offenses having the edge. backdoor should be open even if edm plays well.

BC 3

Incidentally, while it worked out for him in the end, I thought the Montreal coach made two huge errors in tonights game.

I realize when you are pinned back that there are some nice advantages to the intentional safety in the CFL. It happens a lot and it is generally a decent decision to take it. However, with roughly 7 minutes or so to go (not sure the exact time) and a 22-4 lead, it is not a very good decision in my estimation to allow the game to become a two score game while conceding a possession.

In addition, when you are ahead 8 with a minute or so to go and in fg range, how do you not bring the punter on and take the 1 pt that ensures the victory? How in the heavens do you risk the fg in that spot? 1 pt is as good as 3.

Incidentally, while it worked out for him in the end, I thought the Montreal coach made two huge errors in tonights game.

I realize when you are pinned back that there are some nice advantages to the intentional safety in the CFL. It happens a lot and it is generally a decent decision to take it. However, with roughly 7 minutes or so to go (not sure the exact time) and a 22-4 lead, it is not a very good decision in my estimation to allow the game to become a two score game while conceding a possession.

In addition, when you are ahead 8 with a minute or so to go and in fg range, how do you not bring the punter on and take the 1 pt that ensures the victory? How in the heavens do you risk the fg in that spot? 1 pt is as good as 3.

Was IRATE at both of those calls...held Mon +3 2H, Mon ML 2H and Mon 2H TT O10.5 Tickets...ALL of them affected by the coaching decisions. Absolutely mindless to not punt out the EZ to get it to 9 w under a min left and Win w/no time outs.

And if he's going to go for the FG...why on Earth would you rush it and not call time out to set your kicker up, have the right personnel and explain to him to just nail the fuck out of the ball no matter what.

Sigh...the ridiculousness of the CFL. Love the sport though...Montreal was the better team by 4 touchdowns last night...hoping a game like that where they only win by 8 gives them some value in weeks to come. And my God, is Winny bad. Their gameplan to win has to be to run the ball first and foremost because their D isn't horrible (that CB is pretty solid) and Willy is an injury risk waiting to happen.

Love the North-Of-The-Border League though...glad to have it back. Nice hit on the Under last night, bud.

No doubt that score is deceiving. The first half dominance was especially ridiculous in the way that Montreal failed to capitalize on chances. Winny had absolutely no offense in the first half .. it was a festival of two and outs for them

Silly me, had the over. A few tds called back, RB fumbles inside the 3 ytd line. Montreal could have dropped 40 on them. I will tell you one thing. Drew Willy stinks, cut your losses now Winnipeg. He may be gun shy from getting hurt and taking a beating. He is bad. And another thing Winnipeg, get some better uni's please. So ugly

Surprised by the scores last night. Saw none of it ... was there weather?

Also, again I saw none of it, is it possible the Redblacks are better with Harris at qb than burris?

In any event, shutting down cfl after tonights game but wish those of you betting it going forward the best of luck (PT, Scarf, Bum, sharky anyone else I missed).

dude i loved that some CFL action was on tv last night...some of the tames they are throwing around are unreal. Henry Burris is like a legend there...i remember he started one game for the bears like 10 years ago. Temple alum if i recall.

you see Duron Carter acting a fool? what a complete idiot. Guy is talented as hell and had all teh NFL connections through his dad and he cant control himself.

dude i loved that some CFL action was on tv last night...some of the tames they are throwing around are unreal. Henry Burris is like a legend there...i remember he started one game for the bears like 10 years ago. Temple alum if i recall.

you see Duron Carter acting a fool? what a complete idiot. Guy is talented as hell and had all teh NFL connections through his dad and he cant control himself.

Got kicked out of 3 different college programs (one where his dad is a legend) without getting arrested. Gigantic douchebag

It is a fun game to watch. I enjoy it and have for years now. Once you accept that you are watching a different game with less talent than the nfl and give it a fair shot, it is really enjoyable. As you go through rosters, you sometimes say ... "so thaaaat's where he is now". it's fun. Level of play is inconsistent. Watched a few games where the teams look downright awful but then you watch a game like the Redblacks against Edmonton last week and you see a pretty darn decent level of play.

I recommend it to anyone who likes football, especially modern football.

It is a fun game to watch. I enjoy it and have for years now. Once you accept that you are watching a different game with less talent than the nfl and give it a fair shot, it is really enjoyable. As you go through rosters, you sometimes say ... "so thaaaat's where he is now". it's fun. Level of play is inconsistent. Watched a few games where the teams look downright awful but then you watch a game like the Redblacks against Edmonton last week and you see a pretty darn decent level of play.

I recommend it to anyone who likes football, especially modern football.

Most racist name in pro sports?

Well one of us is pocketing some cash tonight, unless Edmonton covers an under in which case I just lose worse than you

Add

Edm/ticats 2h under 27.5

Basically don't see Hamilton generating scores and game dynamics will make Edmonton's offense slow down ... particularly with the amount of abuse Reilly took that half. Have to keep him healthy. Tiny shot at a middle.

Back