Can someone explain why Temple went for 2???

No idea...a 12 point lead protects you against a FG and a TD so I think the right decision is the XP there. It didn't matter as they got a pick 6 and won by 20 but it doesn't make sense go for 2 there

No idea...a 12 point lead protects you against a FG and a TD so I think the right decision is the XP there. It didn't matter as they got a pick 6 and won by 20 but it doesn't make sense go for 2 there
Made me sweat temple -7 2nd h.
But they got it and the pick 6 lol

I was coming here to ask the same. Dumb or aware of the line (12.5 in the league I'm in, not sure what the close was) are the only two explanations I can come up with.

I saw Petersen do something similar 6 or 7 years ago. It was a back and forth game with a lot of scoring. Boise scored a TD to go up by 8 late in the 4th. He goes for 2, gets it, and covers...but risked leaving it as a one possession game with only a few minutes left in the game.

I was so pissed they were going for two, thinking it did my 2H and line from tonight in... next thing I realize is the 2pt saved my ass for a push on my bad line from Tuesday night and I was pumped. Really don't think they should have gone for that though.

I'm trying to act peaceful at my brothers house during this game while babysitting my nephews. I think if I was home watching I would have wakened the neighbors. Always nice to be on the winning side of games like this. Reminded me of last years Bowl season.

x-pt was the smart call.

Only thing I can think is that going up by 13 means if SMU were to score 2 TDs it would make the SMU x-pt on the second TD a must make for the lead, Temple could blk it and the game would still be tied.

Coaches think stupid shit. Going up by 12 was the smarter way to do it as mentioned protecting themselves vs the FG + TD and would-be SMU 2 pt.

I had -12 and was sitting there thinking I was lucky to get the push when I saw they were going for 2. I can't think of any logical reason why they should have and about jumped out of my chair when it dawned on me a fail and I would lose.

The only thing I could think of was that the kicker must be injured, but he came out and kicked it after the pick.

I can't think of any reason to risk leaving it at 11 when kicking it made it a 12 point game and required two TDS by SMU to win.

Back