Cameron for Melky??

• Thread starter Thread starter signalcaller
  • Start date Start date
S

signalcaller

What the fuck is Melvin thinking about here. Cameron still has plenty of pop in his bat, a guy that can get you still 25/25 and is one of if not the best defensive centerfielder in the game. Melky swings a shit bat has no pop and is nowhere near the same player in the field. Salary dump possibly but why? If the Yanks throw in Kennedy I guess ill feel a little better otherwise no thanks

What the fuck is Melvin thinking about here. Cameron still has plenty of pop in his bat, a guy that can get you still 25/25 and is one of if not the best defensive centerfielder in the game. Melky swings a shit bat has no pop and is nowhere near the same player in the field. Salary dump possibly but why? If the Yanks throw in Kennedy I guess ill feel a little better otherwise no thanks

No way the Yanks "throw in" Kennedy for a 36 year old, 1-2 year fill-in (Austin Jackson is going to be a STUD)...but you are correct, The Melkman B-L-O-W-S.

LMAO at the yanks for wanting the Brewers to pay part of Camerons 10 million dollar salary after just overspending to get CC by 30 mil. Thank god thats the way this deal is going to die.

your referring to the like 20 year old pitching prospect, right?

Mark Melancon
Born 3/28/1985 <!-- Calculated Age --> <script type="text/javascript"> document.write(' (' + calcAge('3/28/1985') + ' years old)'); </script> (23 years old) <!-- /Age-->
RHP, NYY After gaining national attention as the award winning closer at U Arizona, Melancon's selection by the Yankees in the 2006 draft had 'Rivera Replacement' written all over it. After taking a year and a half to climb back up from TJ surgery, his fastball has returned, and he's about as ready for the big-leagues as any prep pitcher has ever been. That 95mph fastball and hammer curve should play well in Yankee Stadium, and by all reports, Melancon has the big game attitude and short memory that closers need to succeed at any level. He should crack the Yankees bullpen this season, perhaps ending up as Mariano's setup man and heir apparent before 2009 is finished.

I would love to get rid of Bill Hall in this trade as well. Some sort of young pitcher is necessary though in return imo. Melky is a p.o.s. Looks like it will be finalized by the time we wake up tomorrow according to the Brewers beat writer. Interested to see what happens with it

LMAO at the yanks for wanting the Brewers to pay part of Camerons 10 million dollar salary after just overspending to get CC by 30 mil. Thank god thats the way this deal is going to die.

one has nothing to do with the other. and fwiw...after he opts out, which they all do...it's 23 for 3 years.

but if cupcake needs a bff, and that bff is a .250 hitter...he still ain't worth 10 mil/year.
you wanna offload him...u guys gotta add a lil something to make it worthwhile. that's the bottom line.

Getting Melancon or someone like that for Cameron I would be o.k. with

:whip:

NEVER...even though i know u posted that jsut for my benefit.

Mark Melancon
Born 3/28/1985 <!-- Calculated Age --> <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> document.write(' (' + calcAge('3/28/1985') + ' years old)'); </SCRIPT> (23 years old) <!-- /Age-->
RHP, NYY After gaining national attention as the award winning closer at U Arizona, Melancon's selection by the Yankees in the 2006 draft had 'Rivera Replacement' written all over it. After taking a year and a half to climb back up from TJ surgery, his fastball has returned, and he's about as ready for the big-leagues as any prep pitcher has ever been. That 95mph fastball and hammer curve should play well in Yankee Stadium, and by all reports, Melancon has the big game attitude and short memory that closers need to succeed at any level. He should crack the Yankees bullpen this season, perhaps ending up as Mariano's setup man and heir apparent before 2009 is finished.

i call that being ahead of the curve...in terms of the keeper league. :shake:

I would love to get rid of Bill Hall in this trade as well. Some sort of young pitcher is necessary though in return imo. Melky is a p.o.s. Looks like it will be finalized by the time we wake up tomorrow according to the Brewers beat writer. Interested to see what happens with it

stfu...no way. hall too? fuck, this trade must die. if it's not cameron and cash for melky, it's not even worth entertaining the thought...from a nyy perspective.

Nice upgrade in CF for Yanks...Melky was TERRIBLE last 1 1/2 seasons, an auto-out with RISP......:tiphat:
Looks like Cameron for Melky SU with perhaps a second tier pitching prospect thrown in based on the $$$ the Brewers kick back:

Cameron to Yankees is back on

It won’t be today as both GMs are traveling, but the Yankees could have Mike Cameron early tomorrow.
The on-again, off-again deal is back on with the Brewers agreeing to take Melky Cabrera in return for Cameron. The question is whether the Yankees do the deal straight up and get no money in return or include a second-tier pitching prospect) and get some cash back.
The better the prospect, the more money the Yankees get. That could take a bit to figure out. But it sounds like this deal will get done.

UPDATE, 6:14 p.m.: The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel quotes Brewers GM Doug Melvin saying the deal is a “strong possibility.”

This could be the lineup:
Damon LF
Jeter SS
Nady RF
Rodriguez 3B
Matsui DH
Posada C
Cameron CF
Cano 2B
Swisher 1B
Or something like that.

It appears the "throw-in" will be...

Phil Coke
Born 7/19/1982 <!-- Calculated Age --> <script type="text/javascript"> document.write(' (' + calcAge('7/19/1982') + ' years old)'); </script> (26 years old) <!-- /Age-->
LHP, NYY A 26-year old 'prospect' in the Yankees system, lefthander Phil Coke has been something of a late bloomer, impressing coaches more and more over the past few seasons with his mound presence and pitching guile. Probably destined to be a middle innings guy, Coke has a 92-94mph fastball with a late hook and a quality slider. He appeared in a dozen September games for the Yankees in 2008, putting up impressive numbers (14 strikeouts, 8 hits, and only 2 walks in 15 innings), and potentially lining up a job as the number-two lefty in the Yankees 2009 bullpen.

It appears the "throw-in" will be...

Phil Coke
Born 7/19/1982 <!-- Calculated Age --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> document.write(' (' + calcAge('7/19/1982') + ' years old)'); </SCRIPT>(26 years old) <!-- /Age-->
LHP, NYY A 26-year old 'prospect' in the Yankees system, lefthander Phil Coke has been something of a late bloomer, impressing coaches more and more over the past few seasons with his mound presence and pitching guile. Probably destined to be a middle innings guy, Coke has a 92-94mph fastball with a late hook and a quality slider. He appeared in a dozen September games for the Yankees in 2008, putting up impressive numbers (14 strikeouts, 8 hits, and only 2 walks in 15 innings), and potentially lining up a job as the number-two lefty in the Yankees 2009 bullpen.

Damn, Coke is going to help the Brewers BP...solid LHs out of the pen are valuable...IMO, if we toss in Coke we should also get Bill Hall.

Yanks only lineup needs are a CF for a year or two and a utility player with some pop...this trade would solve both problems.

IMO, it looks to be a good trade for both teams.......:shake:

Brewers get some young, inexpensive, and good(?) players...it'll be HUGE if if they can ressurect Melky's career.

The Yanks are trying to win now with a solid lineup and GREAT SP (after signing 2 of Burnett, Lowe, Pettitte & Sheets) to go with CC, Wang & Joba.
AJ, Lowe or Sheets as a #3 starter? Pettite as a #5 starter? That's one HELLUVA deep rotation...and we still have Franchise (Hughes) in the wings at age 22.

Next year the Yanks will have Damon and Matsui's contracts "off the books" and can sign some big boppers.

2008 Yankee Rotation: CC - Wang - AJ, Lowe, Sheets - Joba - Pettitte (Hughes)

Mully :cheers:

No Kei Igawa
7.gif

Please take Bill Hall off our hands, and while you are at it, Jeff Suppan is looking for a new home. Heck we will give you Cameron if you take Hall and SUppan... just give us a low level A guy back who will never make the majors.

Please take Bill Hall off our hands, and while you are at it, Jeff Suppan is looking for a new home. Heck we will give you Cameron if you take Hall and SUppan... just give us a low level A guy back who will never make the majors.

brewer fans sick of soupcan:36_11_6:

best road fade in the MLB:tiphat:

Fuck this trade. Now we get gas can Igawa too? What else could make this trade any worse?

And we pay 4 million per for his ass too Mulligan. I hope Melvin has something up his sleeve here. I have no clue what it could be, maybe he thinks Melky can turn into some 300 hitter who is a great run producer or something. We dont even free up money now that we are taking Igawa back either

And we pay 4 million per for his ass too Mulligan. I hope Melvin has something up his sleeve here. I have no clue what it could be, maybe he thinks Melky can turn into some 300 hitter who is a great run producer or something. We dont even free up money now that we are taking Igawa back either

Igawa in the NL and away from the pressure of NY could become a serviceable back-end starter.

Melky has been terrible the last 1.5 seasons...before that he was shaping up to be a 15/70/.270 type of player with an above average arm.

GL :shake:

wow...cameron for melky and igawa? is that the current offer?

if so, 2 things. first...roflmao. second...melvin is out of his mind.
i don't believe it, fwiw...but if true, now i like the proposed deal.

It may not be Cameron but still have to believe the Yanks will be looking for a veteran CF before Spring training....

Back