Cam Newton should be benched?

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
I admit that I haven't watched a ton of panther football this year or the game last night. But a friend of mine watches almost every nfl game ( watches the condensed replays ). He told me that Cam couldn't throw a forward pass last night. When do you make a change at qb in Carolina?

His QBR is 52.7. His QBR last year was 56.2. In 2012 it was 54.1.

His running production has dropped off quite a bit as well ( has been banged up at times ).

And I realize his targets aren't exactly world beaters ..

They should probably pick up an nfl qb like say .. ummm ..Derek Anderson and give him a shot. Some time away from playing QB badly might refocus Cam, though it looks like he just doesn't have what it takes to be an nfl qb and his if he is no longer a threat to run ( diminishes the older a qb gets ) and has to rely on his throwing only just forget about it ....

It is hard to have one of the best defenses in the league and consistently lose. This will be his third losing season out of 4. He has more playoff interceptions than touchdown passes.

I know they spent a fortune on him but his passes look like they belong in an episode of duck dynasty, not on a football field.

2014 - 24th
2013 - 13th
2012 - 14th
2011 - 15th

just a run of the mill qb. Team didn't do him any favors by getting rid of the receiving corp. Guess you just stay the course.

Im not a big fan of Cam as it is, but he has literally nothing to work with. They have a pathetic run game and he has no WRs outside of Benjamin and TE Olsen.

The defense is not good this year. I'm not sure people realize how bad the Panthers defense has gotten to be.

Cam threw for the most yards by a rookie quarterback ever, which was then broken by Luck. I don't think that is a fluke.

His team sucks around him. And he's hurt. But his demeanor doesn't help him either.

I'm not sure how much blame he should be taking….their o-line is god awful right now, Saints had pressure constantly. no run game. and one rookie Wr to throw to. I think most Qb's would be struggling.

And one of his int's last night hit the Wr in the hands and he tipped it right to the Db…he got at least two 1st downs on his own last night on 3rd and longs, bailing out his team and also scrambled for a td.

The D looked better last night, but its been pretty shitty this year

There is only one quarterback in the NFL that most GM's would take over Cam - that is Aaron Rodgers. Argument can be made for Luck as well.

LOL @ "should Cam be benched"

There is only one quarterback in the NFL that most GM's would take over Cam - that is Aaron Rodgers. Argument can be made for Luck as well.

LOL @ "should Cam be benched"

Maybe Cam shouldn't be benched, but you really think Cam would be the 2nd QB taken if GMs could only choose one (assuming Manning, Brady, Brees too old I guess for this exercise)???

"Maybe Luck as well?"

Luck would be ahead of Cam on pretty much every single GM's ballot (I would guess 31 of 32), and would most likely be ahead of Rodgers on most as well. Andrew Luck is, quite possibly, the best QB in football right now...including Manning, Brady, etc. Peyton probably has a leg up on him with most, seeing as how he's on a better team right now and went to the SB last year, but how in the hell can you possibly say Cam Newton is even in the same territory as Luck right now? That's highly insulting to Luck.

Look at his upcoming schedule:

PHI
ATL
MIN
TB
NO
CLE
ATL

Should have some good stats after playing these teams

Back